JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What Camouflage Would You Choose for the PNW?

• MARPAT

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • OCP

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • TIGERSTRIPE

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • WOODLAND

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • REALTREE

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • CAMO?? I Don't need no stinkin Camo

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Solid Colors. Like Khaki or Olive Drab

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters
Deer are color blind, so camo orange (which I wear for deer/elk hunting) will work just as well as cool-guy GI Joe issued camo to break up your outline, while making you hi-vis to the two legged morons out there with guns. I have learned that >95% of the time the animals see/smell/hear you WAY before you even know they're there, and all the fancy camo is just another fashion show for us adults. :rolleyes:

Now water fowl hunting is different... THOSE little bastiges can SEE, and I'm all about subduing my clothing and kit!

^^^This right here!!!^^^
More animals have been killed by people wearing plaid Mackinac cruisers and blue jeans there ever will with all the newfangled Gucciflauge gotta have camo to go Huntin crowd. Say it ain't so....

^^^This right here!!!^^^
More animals have been killed by people wearing plaid Mackinac cruisers and blue jeans there ever will with all the newfangled Gucciflauge gotta have camo to go Huntin crowd. Say it ain't so....
More creatures (from vermin to humans to apocryphal bear account ) have been killed by .22lrs than any other rounds in the history of that round. Doesn't mean its a good defensive/hunting round ;) :s0136:

Yep, camo of any type, for four leggers in the PNW, is not needed.
As for the blaze orange regulation, that's due to IDIOTS claiming sheer stupidity when they shoot another hunter.
In all my years of hunting them four leggers, not once was I in camo, and meat was in the freezer.

The camo debate, what to use, all area specific. Time of year plays a big part.
The PNW as a whole is a multitude of cover and under-scrub from state to state/county to county.

Last Edited:
Back when I used to painball, i wore Tigers. I had alot of people say that as soon as I stepped into the shadows, they could not see me. They knew where i had gone but for the most part, i was gone.:eek:

Eh. For static gear like a basecamp tent, tarp shelter, vehicle cover... good camo is awesome. Camo netting over camo is undoubtly workable in most cases :rolleyes:

Don't see a lot of actual tents/waterproof shelter tarps in lots of camos other than the usual hunting camo blinds that may or may not be ideal ;)

For mobile people moving around trying to not be seen.. well.. again, solids seem best.
Unless you're going to do the sniper slow creep across Oregon/Wa, dragging a ruck... then ghillie everything and be sure to have real durable, real thick fabric on the front for crawling.. and make dang sure you aint going through blackberries or poison oak :eek::eek::eek:

Tiger stripe works well out in the sagebrush too.... Its my all around favorite, but I only have one pair of pants left...2nd is woodland.
Granted the majority of my BDU collection is $6 Goodwill finds that I buy for "camping/working around the house" clothes....
I'm not to big on the newer digital multicam, pattern does nothing for me and they are not as durable as the older BDUs, they are the first ones I rip pr put holes in.

If I am out shooting but not hunting I wear green dominant flannel with jeans and M81 gear over it. Denim pants blend surprisingly well with serpentine rocks in the Siskiyou mountains. A woodland camo top and brown pants works pretty good in timber. In the open I mix earth tone solids or flannel.
In sagebrush I wear jeans and ranger green top and gear.

Ranger green anything seems universal to me.

my grandpa would wear jeans and flannel when he went hunting and killed far more animals than anyone else ive ever known.

i wear kryptec highlander and also redhead strata camo patterns.i do have realtree but i dont gotta be huntin to wear realtree...i usually am drinkin coors light when im wearin realtree :rolleyes::D

Annnnnnnnd....guess who is going to the dump today.....

BF5C2A39-DCA5-4D07-A2C0-394FA1B1B454.jpeg

If I am out shooting but not hunting I wear green dominant flannel with jeans and M81 gear over it. Denim pants blend surprisingly well with serpentine rocks in the Siskiyou mountains. A woodland camo top and brown pants works pretty good in timber. In the open I mix earth tone solids or flannel.
In sagebrush I wear jeans and ranger green top and gear.

Ranger green anything seems universal to me.

My unit (at the time) wore OD (slant cut pocket) jungle fatigues while on deployments "south" of the border even though BDU's were very much full in effect. I kinda wish I'da kept them, even though they were pretty roached out by the time we returned to CONUS.

My (now deceased) buddy, Rob wearing the kit (and that SHEITE camo job on his face... LMAO!)... GD, we were just kids back then. :confused:
DA4B1798-85F0-4E8F-9C46-CE5D9A185DF0.jpeg

More creatures (from vermin to humans to apocryphal bear account ) have been killed by .22lrs than any other rounds in the history of that round. Doesn't mean its a good defensive/hunting round ;) :s0136:

Depends...

Right, I'm just pointing out that just because one type of thing has more usage/successes than others does not mean its the only way to go ;) really though, general purpose outfits, not just hunting but from "bugging out to hunting"... Again, I'd say solids, earth tones or certain greens

Well I gotta tell ya... right here's in God's very own elk country, all ya'll Westsiders come into the forest wearing all yer fancy sheet, we knows to duck from all the great "sound shots". Camo don' make no diff!!

I'm growing my 'rona beard and long hair as we speak. If I have to go downtown I'll borrow a hipster jacket and hat from my neighbor. I'll blend right in. :)

Don't forget the heavy black framed glasses!! ;)

my grandpa would wear jeans and flannel when he went hunting and killed far more animals than anyone else ive ever known.

That's how I learned to hunt in the Eastside. Later on, I graduated to a red "flannel pattern" wool jacket and solid green wool army pants. We kill our share (at 50-200yds), while others are still drivin around in their trucks sportin their camo jumpers.

i wear kryptec highlander and also redhead strata camo patterns.i do have realtree but i dont gotta be huntin to wear realtree...i usually am drinkin coors light when im wearin realtree :rolleyes:

Dude :p.... Coors Light??? o_O:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

then ghillie everything and be sure to have real durable, real thick fabric on the front for crawling.. and make dang sure you aint going through blackberries or poison oak :eek::eek:
This is so very true.
Having made and worn ghillie suits while in the Army , doing things that such suits advisable to being worn....
Thick fabric on the "high traffic" areas is a must.
( elbow , knee , chest , groin , thigh )
They do break up the outline of the human shape nicely...but are a PITA to move around in , when getting into or leaving your "hide position".
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads