JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tend to live in camo pants and shorts. My issue is they fade. Anyone know of a good brand that doesn't fade?

I like the dark camo. I think it's just called black camo. But at the point that they fade they just look like crap.

Brands with S/M/L don't work for me because I'm either a 34/30 or 36/30 depending on the brand and always a Large, but the large pants are always way to long. So they need to have specific sizing.

I've bought several different brands, typical name brands like Levi and wrangler. A few times I got generic ones from Amazon. All fade within a year.

Brands that don't work for me that I have tried: Dickies, Rothco, Union bay (fit good but fade fast), Lee (these have cool mag pockets built in but again, they fade and look like crap).

Thanks.

All of the below make really good stuff. None are cheap though. And I don't know if they all offer Camo patterns. UF Pro certainly does.

UF Pro
Triple Aught Design
Prometheus Design Werx
Beyond Clothing

5.11 probably offers something too...probably at a more reasonable price too. I've had good luck with their Stryke pant and I think they make it in a short but don't quote me on that.

All of the below make really good stuff. None are cheap though. And I don't know if they all offer Camo patterns. UF Pro certainly does.

UF Pro
Triple Aught Design
Prometheus Design Werx
Beyond Clothing

5.11 probably offers something too...probably at a more reasonable price too. I've had good luck with their Stryke pant and I think they make it in a short but don't quote me on that.
Beyond Clothing does make camo pants.

Anyways, thats a fact of life, dark colors in fabric dyes fade all the time because they aren't UV resistant, regardless of what fabric.

Supposedly Woodland Camouflage was intended to fade after a few washes to get the desired effect... but depending on the wash regimen, it eithers turns more brownish or green, or it turns more grayish green. My dad's BDU sets faded to a light green gray look even if he only took them to be dry cleaned and starched.

My Propper BDU solid color pants seem to be maintaining some level of color fastness/less fading than some of the older BDU camo pants... Coyote Brown and dark Olive Green (looks closer to Forest Green/wildfire fighter green uniform pants). Black BDU pants have faded to a very dark gray but they're from 1995 so theres that. Light colors like Desert tan, desert camo in general, ACU/UCPs, Multicam.. they don't seem to fade as much because they're pretty light to begin with.

Fading?

To me......
It's the sign......
That you're in it/not doing it as a FASHION show.

Rrrrright.......even pre-washed jeans?
Cough, cough.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR