JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hiker accidentally shoots himself in the rear
(AP) – 19 hours ago

WENATCHEE, Wash. — A hiker on Blewett Pass shot himself in the butt when he put a handgun in his back pocket. The Chelan County sheriff's office said the 52-year-old Snohomish man had moved his .40-caliber handgun from its holster to his back pocket Saturday to see if that position would be more comfortable.

The Wenatchee World reported the gun fired the bullet down his left buttock and left leg, coming to rest just above the knee. He was treated at Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.

<broken link removed>

I'm a fan of good holsters and do not understand why anyone would spend $500 on a handgun then not spring for the $80 holster. But this guy obviously had his finger on the trigger. LOL

A Snohomish accidentally shot himself in his left buttock Saturday when he put a handgun in his back pocket.
Darrel Elam, 52, was preparing to go hiking on Blewett Pass and had moved his 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun from its holster to his back pocket to see if that position would be more comfortable for walking, said Jerry Moore, chief of administration for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office.

The gun discharged and shot down his left buttock and left leg, coming to rest just above his knee.

Elam was treated at Central Washington Hospital and released, a hospital spokeswoman said. The incident happened on Blewett Pass about 12 miles from Peshastin.

A Snohomish accidentally shot himself in his left buttock Saturday when he put a handgun in his back pocket.
Darrel Elam, 52, was preparing to go hiking on Blewett Pass and had moved his 40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun from its holster to his back pocket to see if that position would be more comfortable for walking, said Jerry Moore, chief of administration for the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office.

The gun discharged and shot down his left buttock and left leg, coming to rest just above his knee.

Elam was treated at Central Washington Hospital and released, a hospital spokeswoman said. The incident happened on Blewett Pass about 12 miles from Peshastin.

$2.00 donation to the NWFA cause Decker?

Just asking.

Lefty.

Given what is typically pretty poor/ignorant reporting about gun issues, couldn't this simply be a reference to the caliber (".40 S&W"), and not the brand of gun?

Didn't you know every gun in the news is either a Glock or Military style assault rifle?

Or better yet, I'm surprised it didn't read "Man shoots himself with a Military style Glock that can be taken through airport metal detectors".

From Jay Leno last night.

In Washington, a man put his gun in his back pocket, and accidentally shot himself in the butt. When interviewed, he said, I’m just glad I didn’t have a front pocket. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top