JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get hit in the face a lot at the indoor because of it bouncing off the wall. Wife (who is well endowed) has often not taken my advice about wearing a T-shirt. Ends up with a hot case down her top. Every time I tell her I told you to wear a T-shirt she glares at me. :p

Ouch!

th?id=OIP.GtuOfsNvKzgVSmlusN1CBQEsDp&w=262&h=199&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.jpg

We're you shooting softer loads than normal ? Some of the Blazer aluminum only makes it about a foot to the right where hotter loads launch the casings several feet. It's odd they're flying back towards your nose. Doesn't sound fun. I would experiment w a different mainspring or different extractor. Good luck.

We're you shooting softer loads than normal ? Some of the Blazer aluminum only makes it about a foot to the right where hotter loads launch the casings several feet. It's odd they're flying back towards your nose. Doesn't sound fun. I would experiment w a different mainspring or different extractor. Good luck.

Naw. Standard FMJ 230 grain.

It's really not a big issue. It's only happened a couple times out of 400 or so rounds through it, so I'm not too concerned. I just thought it was funny that it happened twice in such short order, and that I was such a pansy that I had to stop...

"Please, Mr. Bad Guy! Can you hold off for a second, my eyes are all teared up from my brass hitting me in the nose."

I'm sure he'd understand.

I had a pistol that if S&B ammo was used every 3rd shot the case would go for your forehead, I had a case mouth slice my eyebrow open at one point. Still curious how one load reacts that much different than the other brands.

Whatever might be the cause of brass ejecting in your face, this is a strong argument for eye protection 100% of the time when shooting.

I put a different recoil spring and Detonics guide in an 80 series Gold Cup I was setting up for hardball, and it consistently bounced brass off my forehead, at least one per magazine with an occasional hot one down my Hawaiian shirt. Finally installed a fresh ejector from a Colt Commander, directing the "golden shower" back over my right shoulder. Way mo' betta.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews