JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.

Never point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.

Keep your weapon on safe until you are ready to fire.

Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you intend to fire.
exactly what you get told in USMC boot camp, its a lot harder to shoot yourself if you have those 4 rules burned into your head

SOB,
Exposed BONE.

Can you say: INFECTION?

No kidding. I know a kid who nearly shot off his pinky toe with a shotgun this winter. He was talking with his buddy in his shop while taking a break from bird hunting. He rested the barrel on the end of his boot which was thankfully too big for his foot. He swears he didn't touch the trigger and thinks the zipper on his jacket snagged the trigger somehow and........ BANG. It mangled his little toes and barely scratched the one next to it. They cleaned it up at the hospital and sent him home for a couple of days so they could tell what tissue was still good and what was dead before they could do surgery. That was a stupid mistake that he'll never forget (and I'll make sure of that:s0114:)

I had the training for my Oregon concealed permit and my instructor had shot himself as well. He told us he did while practicing drawing from a holster. I thought great and this guy is teaching. I bet he learned to unload his gun after that.

Yeah. That was a great video....although I'm not convinced it was real...:confused:

oh no.. it was real. the guy who shot himself is still, if im not mistaken, in the middle of a lawsuit with the DEA over the video leak. his former colleagues and "buddys" at the DEA leaked the video behind his back, and he claims he cant work as an undercover ever again because of the exposure on youtube.

more like, he lost his job because he's an idiot, not because of a grainy video on boobtube.

I've almost had this happen to me with an AK round.

Always be careful guys, as some others noted, it can happen to the best of us. Don't think it can't, always check your gun before you fire, and after to make sure it's clear. Most of us have heard that ad nauseum, but it seems like most accidental discharge stories I hear come from people who were over confident with their weapon and forgot basic safety.

US Marines Four (4) Safety Rules!!

Treat Every Weapon as if it were LOADED!
Never Point a Weapon at anything you donot intend to SHOOT.
Keep Your Finger Straight and OFF the Trigger!
Last but not least SHOOTERS! Keep your Weapon on SAFE until your Ready to FirE!

Remember there are no Accidental Discharges just Negligent!

Semper Fi!

Reco

"i am the only one in this room professional enough to handle a gun."

:D:D:D

That video is strange to me, I wonder why no one addresses the fact a guy shot himself right in front of them! He shoots himself then plays it off and keeps going WTF is wrong with this picture? Does no one see him bleeding out or care to stop him from continuing. If shots are fired 911 gets called, I dont care if the shots being fired is the officer shooting himself either haha.

That's why i carry a 9mm--bullet woulda slipped right between my toes.

I used to have people tell me you can put a ciggarette out in a bucket of gas when I told them to stop smoking at the service station I managed. I would tell them if they can do that three times with their foot in the bucket I'd let them smoke in the station and never say another word. In 4 years never had a single taker.

I used to have people tell me you can put a ciggarette out in a bucket of gas when I told them to stop smoking at the service station I managed. I would tell them if they can do that three times with their foot in the bucket I'd let them smoke in the station and never say another word. In 4 years never had a single taker.

yyyeeaaa... you CAN put a cigarette out in a bucket of gasoline. but you CANT stop a cigarette onto a thin pool/spill on asphalt. and service stations aren't in buckets of gasoline.

Yeah, luckily my only accidental discharge went into my matress and nobody got hurt, just scared sh..less! I learned my lesson for sure. Will not happen again!

i sent one into the mattress when i was 21, said the same thing.. then i sent one into the floor about 10 seconds later.

dude at the gun show zip-tied my 1911 around the trigger and grip safety. when i got out of my truck at home, i had a lot of bubblegum to carry, so i slid a loaded magazine into the well of my still-holstered, still-tied pistol.. when i got into the bedroom, i forgot that i'd inserted a loaded mag.. so before cutting the zip-tie off, i followed "proper procedure" and "cleared" the weapon before cutting the zip-tie off. didn't verify that there was no mag in the well, pulled the slide back, verified no round in the chamber, dropped slide... BOOM. weapon cycled, chambered another round, and now i'm holding a chambered single-action pistol with a zip-tie tied around the trigger and grip safety, depressing both (hence the weapon essentially slam-firing when i dropped the slide- i WOULD have pulled the trigger anyway, but didn't even get the opportunity to)... in my moment of youth and panic, for some reason i grabbed the slide with my support hand to thumb it out of battery instead of simply grabbing the hammer, and as i tilted the muzzle more toward the floor (more safe direction), it discharged AGAIN (and again without depressing the trigger) and flew out of my hand and landed on the floor. bullet landed about 6" from my toes. i THEN finally had the time/sense required to realize the HAMMER needed securing, so i went for it again, grabbing the hammer, and was able to end the madness.

bubbleguming ignorant gunshow security people. bubbleguming 21 year olds with guns. both should be banned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top