JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should I?

• Grow a beard: (trick answer, I have one already and it got in the way of putting stock to shoulder)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@Deavis, exactly, that's the million dollar question. It had to be interference with the finger as the trigger guard. :(

Get a good set of shooting gloves that fit you well. Adventure Sports or your Gun Shop.
Tell the sales person your needs. Or if its your gun shop bring the gun in with you. There
are also less powerful rounds till you Break the finger in(no pun intended ;) ).

@jluck, I'll shower to get the smell off just for you.

@davinci
#7-1/2 shot, 2-3/4" shell. Did find my gloves yesterday. I need to practice with less dexterity next time.

Shooting my SXS today and after about 150 rounds I couldn't put my finger on why it hurt to pull the trigger.

View attachment 272877

I can tell my finger was in the right spot on the trigger all the time but dang!

Shotgun: Stoeger Coach Supreme
Gauge: 12
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAh2oa0ISbQ
The only one that matters

I'm leaning towards interference back by the rear trigger guard. It's my believe that possibly on the rear trigger pulls I was getting excessive rubbing by a pronounced guard and/or pinching.

Do I need to shoot more to build up a callus there? I can tell that after today I'm going to get a limbsaver for that shotgun. While it has a nice rubber pad, I can tell you that when shooting slugs from it... the first one makes you question why you did it. The second slug has you wondering if you want to do it again. The third slug rattles a molar loose and the fourth slug is shot only to prove to yourself that you are indeed a man. The 5th slug is left in the box because you aren't stupid.

Any suggestions?
My thoughts are to grind down some of the trigger guard to give more clearance on the right side. Make it more inline with trigger and not so wide.
I feel your pain, literally. Went to the range today with the new LC9. Bear in mind I'm used to a full size 1911. First round of the third mag with a two handed grip the rear edge of the slide hits the edge of my left thumb. Lifted a pencil eraser sized flap of skin. That'll teach me to pay attention when I'm trying to wrap both my big hands around a much smaller weapon.

Oh lawrd! I had a Ruger .45 do that to my left thumb. Damn if it left a perfect rail groove in the top 'O the thumb.

Mistakes we make but once.....

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR