JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bubbleguming bubblegums, bubblegum these bubblegum heads with an enema full of angry bees. These bubblegum for brains can all eat bubblegum and bubblegum off. bubbleguming west coast bubbleguming Progressive bubbleguming Communist bubblegums. That is all. :s0033:
"...and I'm all outta gum." Duke Nukem

So do I need to cable lock all my guns when going to the range? Or does having them in my range bag in my truck count as being in my possession?
As long as you are in or next to your vehicle, you should be OK. Don't leave them somewhere somebody could get to them before you. Otherwise locked up and hidden in a lock box or trunk.

Seems like "maybe." One cannot have the keys to the closet easily accessible, and most people have garage doors that are not keyed from the inside...so...seems like it wouldn't qualify in that case. Then again, I'm not so sure why the house as a whole doesn't qualify as a "gun cabinet."

IANAL - and I'd love for a lawyer to weigh in on this one.

So, if I put a lock on a closet door? Never mind - read earlier posts.

Last Edited:
gotta love that they use the two people killed in the Clackamas town center shooting for the bill, you know were the shooter was confronted by a guy with a gun who had a CHL and the shooter retreated and later shot himself.... but lets not get lost in facts...

Not locking anything up. Criminals aren't gonna wait for you to unlock your stuff. WTF is up with them wanting to continue to give criminals an advantage and create victims? I just don't understand it.
There is no way to understand insanity. But, evil and stupidity can be predicted. Tyranny has used this playbook before. They want innocent people to be victims. More victims mean more leftist voters, who are slaves to big government for protection, who enact more policies that make more people victims.
Ancient Egyptians used to rub human and animal poo on wounds for healing and to ward of spirits, only to get tetanus or die of infection. Well, voting for big government marxists is a lot like rubbing poo in your wounds and expecting not to get gangrene.

There's a decent shot (no pun) that if the school board is local, we might escape the gun free zone, but I'm not counting on it. Also, a locked car doesn't count as a locked container?

My whole bubblegumin house is a gun room, damn it. It's got doors, locked, on all sides and I'm the only person with a key. It's locked whether I'm in it or not. The way I see it, a house counts as a gun room by definition. bubblegum them.

I have a friend, a transplant from CA who likes this thing for the main reason he calls common sense gun storage... It's just like what California had and he sees no problem with this pile of crap...

He recently got his CHL and still likes this bill...

Trying to point out to him that just because there is one thing he likes the required gun storage is no reason to pass the load of garbage with it...

I'll lockup my firearms and whatever else my way in a proper way, I don't need the goverment to dictate to me what has to be done....

The guy won't budge it seems...

Was hoping he would abandon the ways of California, apparently he still likes California ways despite getting a handgun, wanting an AR15, getting a CHL, etc....
Your friend is an idiot who opposes freedom.

I have a friend, a transplant from CA who likes this thing for the main reason he calls common sense gun storage... It's just like what California had and he sees no problem with this pile of crap...

He recently got his CHL and still likes this bill...

Trying to point out to him that just because there is one thing he likes the required gun storage is no reason to pass the load of garbage with it...

I'll lockup my firearms and whatever else my way in a proper way, I don't need the goverment to dictate to me what has to be done....

The guy won't budge it seems...

Was hoping he would abandon the ways of California, apparently he still likes California ways despite getting a handgun, wanting an AR15, getting a CHL, etc....

Californian transplants have been ruining other states for at least the past 20 years.

Didn't they pledge to uphold the Constitution?
Yeah. So? That oath means as little to them as the Constitution itself does.
They say the words but either don't understand, or more likely, don't care what those words mean.

Last Edited:
The locked container doesn't really effect me personally since I already do lock up my guns because I have kids and I have a safe. The nightstand issue is a problem though if placing a gun next to you is not "allowed". The police have never seen my bedroom though...

Yeah. So? That oath mean as little to them as the Constitution itself does.
They say the words but either don't understand, or more likely, don't care what those words mean.

Just a procedural requirement with no meaning to them, because first in order for them to feel shame for not upholding their oath, they'd have to possess honor, which they are entirely without. None of this will get better until things start to happen that I won't say because "reasons."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top