JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stay strong brother. At least you've got us because you know, we're quality. :s0108:
Lol, had a light day at work, sitting around discussing this thing with that teammate, got a final job dropped on me...

First thing when I walked in the front door, I fell in love... along the back of the couch in a place that owner told me I forgot, all kinds of rifles and AR's, parts to build, boxes of ammo and reloads, revolver in hand reach of easy chair, piles of loaded mags, and lots more.....

Lots of people I've met are fun...

I don't know about anyone else here, but I have occasion to speak to firearms enthusiasts who never frequent gun forums nor ever listen to the dikweeds making new laws and have been living their lives in blissful ignorance to any and all thoughts and mandates of the minority overlords who apparently believe "they" have a higher moral authority over their lives and property. Perhaps that is a good way to proceed with our lives.

As the old say goes, "Ignorance is bliss." and it is probably true until it all comes crashing down and there's reality. I say, "Ignorance is ignorance." IMO and somethings have bigger price tags attached to them.

There is the problem. The state does nothing to define what responsibility they take on when eliminating your ability to protect yourself. Not to mention they are letting criminals out and not locking up violent people committing new crimes.

The failure of judges with common sense to block these Bill for further review is a sign of the weakness with conservatives. I want to see a spot check of the signers to this Bill. I already know they aren't following what they say.
Hah! That's because they know better than to do that. If they did define their responsibilities, they'd be sued within minutes of passage of these stupid laws.
So let me define their responsibilities as they see it:
THEY HAVE ZERO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR BILLS!!!.

I have a friend, a transplant from CA who likes this thing for the main reason he calls common sense gun storage... It's just like what California had and he sees no problem with this pile of crap...

He recently got his CHL and still likes this bill...

Trying to point out to him that just because there is one thing he likes the required gun storage is no reason to pass the load of garbage with it...

I'll lockup my firearms and whatever else my way in a proper way, I don't need the goverment to dictate to me what has to be done....

The guy won't budge it seems...

Was hoping he would abandon the ways of California, apparently he still likes California ways despite getting a handgun, wanting an AR15, getting a CHL, etc....
Tell your friend we have common sense here If he needs the government to give him his then he can go back to commiefornica with all the other brainwashed sheep where he belongs.

I believe @Soren was incorrect in that statement or mistyped. A weapon that is on your person may still be readily available.

Requires person to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.

A Gun Room:

Storage Requirement:

Reading the letter of the law, a gun on the nightstand would be in violation of this new law, as you cannot be in control of said weapon while asleep.

That being said ... who is to know?

Seems to me this law was passed in an attempt to limit familial theft, as many of the mass shootings have been conducted with weapons stolen from immediate family.

I don't agree with the way this law went down. At the same time - you all know if you have kids (I got one too. Just one. I think.). You should be honest with yourself and your kid and understand if your kid could truly be a risk to themself or others. Do what you need to do to sit right with that if they go off the rails at the end of the day.
so... could a locked garage qualify as a gun room?

Hah! That's because they know better than to do that. If they did define their responsibilities, they'd be sued within minutes of passage of these stupid laws.
So let me define their responsibilities as they see it:
THEY HAVE ZERO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR BILLS!!!.
Didn't they pledge to uphold the Constitution?

There is the problem. The state does nothing to define what responsibility they take on when eliminating your ability to protect yourself. Not to mention they are letting criminals out and not locking up violent people committing new crimes.

The failure of judges with common sense to block these Bill for further review is a sign of the weakness with conservatives. I want to see a spot check of the signers to this Bill. I already know they aren't following what they say.

police have no duty to protect, you can't sue them if they don't

If that's all that got into the law, then (1) I still hate it and (2) no change for me. As long as I can still carry on school grounds etc I'm not impacted directly.
The new law allows any school to be gun free, felony penalty.
sorry, but your directly impacted....

Unfortunately, Oregon 554 passed today. So, assuming KB signs it, 90 days after the legislative session ends:
All firearms whether in-service or not will need to be locked.
Trigger locks or locked box when transporting firearms are required
CHL costs go to $115 ($100 to the county, $15 to the state police)

I think there are some other things hidden in there as well (link SB 554)

Seems rather "infringy"

so... could a locked garage qualify as a gun room?

Seems like "maybe." One cannot have the keys to the closet easily accessible, and most people have garage doors that are not keyed from the inside...so...seems like it wouldn't qualify in that case. Then again, I'm not so sure why the house as a whole doesn't qualify as a "gun cabinet."

IANAL - and I'd love for a lawyer to weigh in on this one.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews