JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It appears that the guy running the blog is left leaning. I still respect him for doing all of this work, just be careful about his opinions.

Yeah, I'm using him just for the straight facts, such as who is running. I'll leave the commentary aside, unless he can help identify clear-cut pro or anti gun stances by candidates.

Makes no difference to this community; it's about your stance on firearms. Left, right, center, or upside down, all are welcome here if they are pro-gun.
Bruce Cuff is a "constitutionalist" for governer. His statement on gun control is holding it with both hands and shoot till the threat is finished somewhat like sheriff Glen Palmer of Grant county. He has my vote at the moment.

Here is information on Oregon Senate District 21:

Diane Rosenbaum-Democrat has lead the Senate Democrats and has voted for all the antigun legislation recently proposed. Looks like she is not running for the Oregon Senate again. She is a player and may have her eye on another state office. Kathleen Taylor-Democrat has filed to run for her Senate District 21 seat; as an Oregon Representative in Oregon House District 41, she also voted for all the recent antigun legislation. At this point I don't know who the new candidates are for Oregon House District 21. This is an opportunity to make a major change.

This is a good thing you are doing. I hope you can completed this list before the May election and have it in a form that is helpful to every 2nd Amendment advocate in this state and easily distributed.

Those of you who are union members, it's time you elect and support union officials who are pro 2nd amendment. The unions are a major donors to many of these anti-gunners.

If you are able to contact Kevin Stearette of OFF, I'm sure Kevin would be able to fill-in most of the blanks when it comes to who the pro/anti firearm legislators are in the state of Oregon.

Diane Rosenbaum-Democrat has lead the Senate Democrats and has voted for all the antigun legislation recently proposed. Looks like she is not running for the Oregon Senate again. She is a player and may have her eye on another state office. Kathleen Taylor-Democrat has filed to run for her Senate District 21 seat; as an Oregon Representative in Oregon House District 41, she also voted for all the recent antigun legislation. At this point I don't know who the new candidates are for Oregon House District 21. This is an opportunity to make a major change.

This is a good thing you are doing. I hope you can completed this list before the May election and have it in a form that is helpful to every 2nd Amendment advocate in this state and easily distributed.

Those of you who are union members, it's time you elect and support union officials who are pro 2nd amendment. The unions are a major donors to many of these anti-gunners.

If you are able to contact Kevin Stearette of OFF, I'm sure Kevin would be able to fill-in most of the blanks when it comes to who the pro/anti firearm legislators are in the state of Oregon.

I am planning to get back to this list soon, so every piece of information helps - I do appreciate it. I'm just starting to see election signs popping up in my area - just today. I suspect the info is going to start flowing very soon. I know OFF is working on a list, and I'm on their email chain, so hopefully I'll get that list once he makes it available.

Regarding House District 41, there are 2 candidates I've listed so far: Tim McMenamin (R) and Karin Power (D). I don't know know either candidate's position yet.

Oregon House of Representatives - PART 1 (Districts 1-30)

Incumbents, if running for re-election, will be listed first. As of 2016, Democrats hold the current majority with 35 seats with the Republicans holding 25 seats. All 60 seats will be up for grabs in November 2016.

The Oregon House of Representatives is made up of 60 members, each representing a district defined by a block of approximately 63,850 voters. Each representative serves a 2-year term, there are no term limits. Not sure who your representative or district are, click on this link: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/findyourlegislator/leg-districts.html

District 1:

* Wayne Krieger (R)(Inc) - Not Running
* Terry Brayer (D) -
* David Brock Smith (R) -

District 2:

* Dallas Heard (R)(Inc) -

District 3:

* Carl Wilson (R)(Inc) -
* Tom Johnson (D) -

District 4:

* Duane Stark (R)(Inc) -

District 5 (Ashland):

* Peter Buckley (D) (Inc) - Not Running
* Pam Marsh (D) - Anti-gun
* Sandra Abercrombie (R) -
* Alan Deboer (R) - Likely Anti-Gun

District 6:

* Sal Esquivel (R)(Inc) -

District 7:

* Cedric Hayden (R)(Inc) -
* Fergus McLean (I) -
* Vincent Portulano (D) -

District 8:

* Paul Holvey (D)(Inc) -
* Mary Tucker (R) -

District 9:

* Caddy McKeown (D)(Inc) -
* Brett Sliger (NAV) -
* Mary Tucker (R) -

District 10:

* David Gomberg (D)(Inc) - Anti-Gun
* Thomas Donohue (R) -

District 11:

* Phil Barnhart (D)(Inc) -
* Richard Mills (R) -
* Joe Potwora (R) -

District 12:

* John Lively (D)(Inc) -
* Robert Schwartz (R) -

District 13:

* Nancy Nathanson (D)(Inc) -
* Laura Cooper (R) -

District 14:

* Val Hoyle (D)(Inc) - Not Running
* Julie Fahey (D) -
* James Manning (D) -
* Aaron Cluette (R) -
* Kathy Lamberg (R) -

District 15:

* Andy Olson (R)(Inc) -
* Zachary Gilliand (D) -

District 16:

* Dan Raylfield (D)(Inc) -
* Judson McClure (R) -

District 17:

* Sherrie Sprenger (R)(Inc) -
* Jeff Goodwin (I) -

District 18:

* Vic Gilliam (R)(Inc) -
* Mike Early (R) -
* Tom Kane (D) -

District 19:

* Jody Hack (R)(Inc) -
* Larry Trott (D) -

District 20:

* Paul Evans (D)(Inc) -
* Laura Morett (R) -

District 21:

* Brian Clem (D)(Inc) -
* Doug Rodgers (R) -
* Alvin Klausen Jr (I) -
* Robert Rader (D) -

District 22:

* Betty Komp (D)(Inc) - Not Running
* Corbin Johnston (R) -
* Teresa Alonso Leon (D) -
* Patti Milne (R) -

District 23:

* Mike Nearman (R)(Inc) -
* Beth Jones (R) -
* Jim Thompson (I) -
* George Neujahr (D) -

District 24:

* Jim Wiedner (R)(Inc) - Not Running
* Ken Moore (D) -
* Ron Noble (R) -

District 25:

* Bill Post (R)(Inc) -
* Sharon Freeman (D) -

District 26:

* John Davis (R)(Inc) -
* John Boylston (R) -
* Ray Lister (D) -
* Patrick Whewell (D) -
* Richard Vial (R) -
* Matt Windgard (R) -

District 27:

* Tobias Reed (D)(Inc) - Not Running
* Darin Campbell (D) -
* Sheri Malstrom (D) -

District 28:

* Jeff Barker (D)(Inc) -
* Alton Mozingo (R) -
* Gary Carlson (R) -
* Daniel Martin (R) -

District 29:

* Susan McLain (D)(Inc) -
* Juanita Lint (R) -

District 30:

* Joe Gallegos (D)(Inc) - Not Running
* Dan Mason (R) -
* Janeen Sollman (?) -

You can take it to the bank, District 17 incumbent Sherri Sprenger is definitely PRO-GUN. We need to make sure she retains her position.

Ken Humberston asked for and got the endorsement of the Democratic Gun Owner's Caucus. Clackamas County Commissioner is a bit small potatoes for this list, but small potatoes become big potatoes.
No voting history that I know of, and Oregon Preemption means there probably won't be any in that position.

Ken Humberston asked for and got the endorsement of the Democratic Gun Owner's Caucus. Clackamas County Commissioner is a bit small potatoes for this list, but small potatoes become big potatoes.
No voting history that I know of, and Oregon Preemption means there probably won't be any in that position.

Thanks for the info. One thing the Clackamas County Commission did in 2015 was to officially state that they were against any new gun laws - prior to SB941. Yes, it was strictly for show, but anyone that is pro-gun is a benefit to us.

OREGON PRIMARY ELECTION - MAY 17, 2016 - last day to register/change parties is April 26, 2016 (note - Oregon is a "closed" primary state, meaning only registered Republicans can vote in the Republican primary and only registered Democrats can vote in the Democrat primary. You may vote for anyone in the general election in November, regardless of party affiliation)

GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 8, 2016 - last day to register/change parties is October 18, 2016

IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED TO VOTE, PLEASE DO SO NOW, AND PLEASE VOTE TO SUPPORT GUN RIGHTS IN THE PRIMARY AND GENERAL ELECTIONS - WE HAVE MUCH TO LOSE. If you are not already registered, you may do so by clicking this link: https://secure.sos.state.or.us/orestar/vr/register.do?lang=eng

Before we get to the lists, let's define terms:

Pro-Gun: A candidate with a demonstrated political record of working to advance, protect and defend the rights of Oregonians to keep and bear arms. This should include one or more of the following: advancing pro-gun legislation, supporting pro-gun bills, opposing anti-gun legislation, voting against anti-gun bills and vocally supporting the 2nd Amendment rights of Oregonians.

Anti-Gun: A candidate with a demonstrated political record of working to restrict, remove or block the rights of Oregonians to keep and bear arms. This should include advancing anti-gun gun legislation, supporting anti-gun bills, opposing pro-gun legislation, voting in favor of anti-gun bills and vocally supporting restricting the 2nd Amendment rights of Oregonians.

Likely Pro-Gun: A candidate with no proven political record of working to advance, protect and defend the rights of Oregonians to keep and bear arms, but have otherwise demonstrated they are likely to do so if elected. These candidates may have shown their support for gun rights by working to support pro-gun legislation from outside of political office, vocally supporting gun rights or providing assistance to or support of pro-gun organizations (such as OFF, NRA, SAF, GOA), or are otherwise known to be pro-gun in their political views.

Likely Anti-Gun: A candidate with no proven political record of working to attack or restrict the rights of Oregonians to keep and bear arms, but have otherwise demonstrated they are likely to do so if elected. These candidates may have shown their disregard for gun rights by working to support anti-gun legislation from outside of political office, vocally attacking gun rights or providing assistance to or support of anti-gun organizations (such as Everytown), or are otherwise known to be anti-gun in their political views.

Neutral: A candidate that may show support for both pro-gun and anti-gun legislation, depending on the particular legislation at hand. It may be difficult to nail down their exact stance based on past statements or actions. This candidate may warrant further research before a declaration of pro-gun or anti-gun.

Unknown: No verifiable record of this candidate's stance on gun rights in Oregon.

Abbreviations:

(D) - Democrat
(R) - Republican
(I) - Independent
(L) - Libertarian
(NA) - Non-Affiliated
(Inc) - Incumbent
(Unk) - Unknown

Pro-Gun and Likely Pro-Gun Candidates will be in BOLD to make them easy to spot in the list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Statewide Races, Governor, Secretary of State, etc.

2016 is a Gubernatorial Special Election - the winner will serve the remaining 2 years of former Governor John Kitzhaber's term. The list below reflects only declared candidates and are listed alphabetically after the incumbent Governor.

Governor:

* Kate Brown (D)(Inc) - Anti-Gun
* Allen Alley (R) - Pro-Gun
* Patrick Barney (I) -
* Julian Bell (D) -
* Chet Chance (D) -
* Bruce Cuff (R) - Likely Pro-Gun
* William Ames Cutright (R) -
* Kevin Forsythe (D) -
* Bob Forthan (R) -
* Steve Johnson (D) -
* Bob Niemeyer (R) -
* Bud Pierce (R) - Neutral
* Dave Stauffer (D) -
* Cliff Thomason (I) -

Secretary of State:

* Brad Avakian (D) -
* Richard Devlin (D) -
* Val Hoyle (D) - Anti-Gun
* Sid Leiken (R) -
* Dennis Richardson (R) - Pro-Gun
I know Bud Pierce, he is pro 2nd amendment.

Do you have any other information on him that might help inform what his position would be? It sounds like he would be "Likely Pro-Gun" based on this response, but any other info you hear would be appreciated. Thanks
I know Bud. He is Pro Gun, Pro business, Pro education, Pro Vets, . Ex marine who went to medical school while in the Navy. Famous Salem oncologist. Cured my young son when he got cancer.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews