JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pam Marsh (D) is running to replace Peter Buckley, who is not seeking reelection. She is anti-gun.
(Is this how we provide info for the list, or do we somehow insert it into the original?)

Yes, just leave it as a post - since I opened the thread, I'm the only one that can edit the listings.

Thanks for the info, I'll get it added. Do you know if she is running unopposed? Or has anyone else declared?

Yes, just leave it as a post - since I opened the thread, I'm the only one that can edit the listings.

Thanks for the info, I'll get it added. Do you know if she is running unopposed? Or has anyone else declared?
So far she's the only one I know of. I will look around and post more when I find it (like hopefully a pro-gun candidate)

OFF lists the names of the 3 Dems in the house that voted against 4147. They are:
Brad Witt, District 31, Clatskanie, https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/witt
Deborah Boone District 32, Cannon Beach https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/boone, and
Caddy McKeowan, District 9, Coos Bay https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/mckeown

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/anti-gun-bill-passes-house-just-barely

Good to know, but we want to look at their overall record too - voting in our favor once is good, but does their history show a pattern of anti-gun activity? I simply won't have time to research the voting records of the candidates, so I'm relying on folks to share everything they can find here so it can be compiled in the master lists.

^^^ absolutely! Wanted to at least put that much out. I've asked OFF for an updated list of their recommendations.

Oregon Republican party HQ should also have records of votes by issue. However, after seeing the web site. I'm extremely disappointed in their local efforts - there simply is no information on Oregon candidates. BTW, don't bother calling either.

^^^ absolutely! Wanted to at least put that much out. I've asked OFF for an updated list of their recommendations.

Oregon Republican party HQ should also have records of votes by issue. However, after seeing the web site. I'm extremely disappointed in their local efforts - there simply is no information on Oregon candidates. BTW, don't bother calling either.

It is still a little early in the year for the state races, but hopefully we're getting on top of it early enough that everyone will be able to be well informed come election time.

I appreciate any info you can post here regarding candidates and their pro or anti gun records. We'll do our best to keep the NWFA members in Oregon well informed.

That's it. Nothing on his website.

I stand corrected. his website DOES now have a 2nd amendment section. Either I missed it or it was added last night. http://www.budpierce.com/public-safety/
Reading that page concerns me. He wants:
  • Commit more resources to our state's mental health services to ensure that in-patient and out-patient treatment facilities are adequate and Oregonians struggling with mental illness are not warehoused in our prisons or living on our streets.
  • Provide advanced technology, including video surveillance, to better protect our schools.
  • Additional monitoring of social media.
  • Initiate a robust public service campaign to remind gun owners that with the right of gun ownership comes responsibility – that those who handle weapons must be well-trained and exercise the utmost care and safety procedures, and that those gun owners store weapons in an alternate location if they have individuals in their home who have mental illness.
  • Establish a system in which individuals can contact authorities if there is concern that gun violence may occur.
  • Give law enforcement the tools to thoroughly investigate situations brought to their attention, including the temporary authority to hold weapons, only if necessary in narrow circumstances based upon evidence that there is an imminent danger to the owner or others, in accordance with protecting their constitutional rights.
  • Improve public safety.
IMO, thats like a C or D rating at best. Better than Brown, but not by much.

So, since we can't be exact, would you consider him a "likely anti-gun" candidate? Says he came from So. Cal, worked at UCLA, and reading his stance, it sounds a bit iffy as to whether he would really fight for us here or not.

If not already obvious...Incumbant State Rep Rob Nosse (D), District 42. Anti-Gun (SB941 supporter) :mad:

Thanks for the info. I have two follow-up questions:

Is he running for re-election?

Is anyone running against him? If so, please tell me who, what party and if known, their position on guns.

Just a reminder to everyone - we need to know who is actually running (declared), their party, and their stance on gun control - if that information is available.

Keep the info coming!

Thanks for the info. I have two follow-up questions:

Is he running for re-election?

Is anyone running against him? If so, please tell me who, what party and if known, their position on guns.

Just a reminder to everyone - we need to know who is actually running (declared), their party, and their stance on gun control - if that information is available.

Keep the info coming!
According to filings from the Secretary of State, yes, he is running. James Stubbs, an Independent, is also running in that district. Email address is: [email protected].
Information is from links in the reference in my post above.

Bruce Cuff - Repub Primary for Governor

I'm in favor of gun control. YOU SHOULD USE BOTH HANDS AND NOT STOP FIRING TILL THE THREAT IS LIQUIDIZED.
I was carrying un Portland and Salem with a lot of other Patriots. Our 2nd Amendment rights are an unalienable right given to us by God, not our Constitution. We need to remember that.
Hope that helps.
Bruce Cuff
Candidate for Oregon Governor www.time4cuff.org

Here are a few links with important dates for the upcoming Oregon elections: <broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
Today is the last day for candidates for house and senate to file. Initiatives and referendum signatures deadline is July 8th.

I personally spoke with Dr Bud Pierce yesterday, and he does not believe in making any more gun laws. He cares about his patients, this state, and the people who live here. He's a down to earth type of guy and not a career politician. He's got my vote.

I personally spoke with Dr Bud Pierce yesterday, and he does not believe in making any more gun laws. He cares about his patients, this state, and the people who live here. He's a down to earth type of guy and not a career politician. He's got my vote.

I read over his statements regarding guns on his site - have you done that? In reading his official positions, it sounds like he may support certain types of gun control - such as expanded background checks, and bill like SB941. He still seems unclear on his exact position at the moment, so I'm looking for further clarification before I give him a more firm designation. It would be nice if he would issue an official statement saying he is firmly against ANY gun control measures, including those such as SB941 - that would certainly give us a better reason to consider supporting him.

My dealings with Dr Pierce involved being the spouse of a patient. If that was your circumstance, wishing you the best. I will say that our outcome was amazingly positive. Like you, I have a tremendous respect for Dr Pierce.

I read over his statements regarding guns on his site - have you done that? In reading his official positions, it sounds like he may support certain types of gun control - such as expanded background checks, and bill like SB941. He still seems unclear on his exact position at the moment, so I'm looking for further clarification before I give him a more firm designation. It would be nice if he would issue an official statement saying he is firmly against ANY gun control measures, including those such as SB941 - that would certainly give us a better reason to consider supporting him.
FWIW, I sent a question to Dr. Pierce, via his web site, addressing some of those concerns. In particular, I asked several questions to get his opinion on HB4147 type issues since he had touched on those. Will let everyone know what he has to say.

FWIW, I sent a question to Dr. Pierce, via his web site, addressing some of those concerns. In particular, I asked several questions to get his opinion on HB4147 type issues since he had touched on those. Will let everyone know what he has to say.

Thanks for doing that, it will be helpful to have accurate representations of their positions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top