JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now that it looks like measure 114 may pass here in Oregon, I have a question. How does law effect honorably retired LEO S. I bought my duty weapon upon retirement. It came with its issue hi capscity mags.
Is their any exceptions for retired LEO carrying hi caps in public???

Just curious OP, did you vote against 114?
Not a chance. Stupid law written by stupid uninformed people. I believe there will be an injunction filed as issuing agencies will not be able to comply with law as written in a timely manner.
How will issuing agencies train Individuals on the different type of weapons they may have purchased. Will trainers be fully competent to certify on different types of weapons. Qualify them???

Not a chance. Stupid law written by stupid uninformed people. I believe there will be an injunction filed as issuing agencies will not be able to comply with law as written in a timely manner.
How will issuing agencies train Individuals on the different type of weapons they may have purchased. Will trainers be fully competent to certify on different types of weapons. Qualify them???
Can't but a gun without training, can't train without a gun.

"Stupid law written by stupid uninformed people" True, but not true!
Stupid law; most definately. stupid uninformed people; oh no. Them that wrote this piece of garbage knew exactly what they were doing. They knew what would happen and what the long term outcome will be, yet they still did it in order to disrupt and try to destroy the firearms industry. They were / are not stupid, they are devious, conniving scumbags that prey on the uninformed and idealistic fools out there. It will take time and court costs, but it will be resolved for the better, but in the meantime; Keep your powder dry, cuz the crap is going to hit the fan.

As others have opined, no exceptions that I see. For that matter, I'm not seeing exceptions for individual officers for receiving a firearms other than, "while that person is acting within the scope of official duties," so it appears current officers will need to join the circus to buy guns as well.

You are one of the little people now
1668316733375.png

Now that it looks like measure 114 may pass here in Oregon, I have a question. How does law effect honorably retired LEO S. I bought my duty weapon upon retirement. It came with its issue hi capscity mags.
why are RETIRED LEO officers and EX military excused?
They are now civilians!
Unless certain civilians are more equal than others? ( sorry for the GO 1984 reference)
I was military trained, albeit in another country, does that excuse me too????

seems a little like GROOMING to my side , but as an ex Brit??? remember the EX part? maybe ex'
s are more American than those born here? We appreciate the freedoms that many take for granted!

Last Edited:
Why would you expect to be special?... You're a civilian now

why would be

RETIRED LEO officers and EX military excused?
They are now civilians!
Unless certain civilians are more equal than others? ( sorry for the GO 1984 reference)
I was military trained, albeit in another country, does that excuse me too????

seems a little like GROOMING to my side , but as an ex Brit??? remember the EX part? maybe ex'
s are more American than those born here? We appreciate the freedoms that many take for granted!

I don't understand the antimonisty towards a retired LEO questions. First off for my personal situation. To qualify under the federal nationwide carry law we are required to live fire qualify every year. For my particular agency I am required to be fingerpribted(live scan) and requalify live fire, full course, every five years for a re issue of my retired ID. I am a FBI certified firearms instructor, a smith an Wesson, Colt AR, Ruger mini 14, and HK Mp 5 certified law enforcement instructor.
So even thought I go through the same background check more elaborate live fire instruction, I cannot get credit for already completing and exceeding all of 114 requirements.
Just saying

I don't understand the antimonisty towards a retired LEO questions. First off for my personal situation. To qualify under the federal nationwide carry law we are required to live fire qualify every year. For my particular agency I am required to be fingerpribted(live scan) and requalify live fire, full course, every five years for a re issue of my retired ID. I am a FBI certified firearms instructor, a smith an Wesson, Colt AR, Ruger mini 14, and HK Mp 5 certified law enforcement instructor.
So even thought I go through the same background check more elaborate live fire instruction, I cannot get credit for already completing and exceeding all of 114 requirements.
Just saying
There's no animosity, you're just one of the rabble along with everyone else in the state. The only exception it's federal LEO, Military and police actively policing.

I've always been irritated at the exceptions written into gun bills for retired military and LEOs. We have one system of laws that should apply equally to everyone. If you want to exempt anyone then the law is probably a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top