JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now I'm no legal expert, so anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading it sounds like the scotus not only tossed NY's may issue licensing scheme, but also changed the way that 2A cases have to be decided in a way that makes it much harder for anti gun laws to be found constitutional.

Some appellate courts like the 9th had been using a two step framework for deciding 2A cases that made it really easy to find 2A infringements constitutional. Thomas pretty much called them out for it, and said that for a gun law to be found constitutional, there has to be historical precedent for the restriction going back to around the time the 2A was written. I've read a bunch of people saying that there's no way such a historical precedent exists for something like a mag ban or AWB.
Your last part, no historical precedents is where the lefties are banking everything from now on, and in this case, they are flat wrong!
Historically, a magazine existed back then, they were horse drawn and usually contained plenty of shot, powder, and supplies. Assault weapons did exist back then, and as it's a made up term of the left, it now applies to historical arms as much as it applies to modern ones, So, the left gets beat by its own rules and terms!

Know if it has or could be challenged for violating the single subject rule, since it deals with licensing and mag capacity which seem like different subjects?
By rights, the whole thing should be tossed before it even hits the Sec-States desk! It's her damn job to make sure everything is correctly done ad follows the strict rules, which it clearly doesn't!
Beyond that, it should be tossed as it is now a clear violation of our rights as SCOTUS just tossed everything out the window for how many of it would apply, and lastly, when SCOTUS kicks the other suits back down to the 9th, it should all be over turned as bad law! LEVO is trying to slip this through ahead of any Court rulings and then force it in front of the Court, hoping the court will uphold it, knowing full well the court may do just that forcing it down to the 9th to be struck down, giving them all the time under their new "Law" for sufferings upon us! They also know most Oregon Sheriff's will block it's enforcement, so, they can really only expect MultiCo to uphold it until it finally makes it's way to the 9th at the worst, and that could take a few years!

The funny and sad side of the licensing requirement is that they're forcing marginalized communities - those most impacted by crime and lack of law enforcement support - to buy a license to buy a gun. The communities that can least afford it will be the most disarmed.
Dems doing what Dems do. Keeping minorities under the thumb so they can control them.
I remind folks that if you vote for this, you're admitting you want Dred Scott ruling back on the books and hate minorities.

Can't remember who it was ( a forum member) that basically said the people signing these petitions and voting away gun rights just don't like "people like us" and they want to stick it to us. Since most of them don't own any guns they don't care. They just don't wanna have to look over their shoulder when they're trying to implement more utopist BS.

The real bad guys in all this are gun owners who sympathize with the gun grabbers. There are Judas among us.

At least one case is likely heading back to the 9th for a re hearing with specific instructions! There are three others under SCOTUS review, the second may also kick back to the 9th.
Both those cases cover the mag bans, so called Assault Weapons, Semi Auto bans, and Ammo BGCs!

As far as The Calli Mag ban, ( one of the above cases likely to kick back down to the 9th) judge Bonitias has already ruled in that, using the correct SCOTUS procedures, so it will likely kick back to the 9th, or SCOTUS can completely wipe the deck and force the court to start all over, or they can accept Judge Bonitias ruling and make it stick as is!
This made me go back to SCOTUS and look. Status as of today on Duncan V. Bonta. Good friend of mine is an attorney in Spokane and a strong gun guy, so I sent this to him to dumb it down so us knuckle-draggers can understand it.

Jun 30 2022Petition GRANTED. Judgment VACATED and case REMANDED for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).

Edit: The response:

"This is huge. Supreme Court basically said..."Try again Cali, You have to rule again using the analysis we developed in Bruen." "

This made me go back to SCOTUS and look. Status as of today on Duncan V. Bonta. Good friend of mine is an attorney in Spokane and a strong gun guy, so I sent this to him to dumb it down so us knuckle-draggers can understand it.

Jun 30 2022Petition GRANTED. Judgment VACATED and case REMANDED for further consideration in light of New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn., Inc. v. Bruen, 597 U. S. ___ (2022).

Edit: The response:

"This is huge. Supreme Court basically said..."Try again Cali, You have to rule again using the analysis we developed in Bruen." "
Just what I was hoping to see. Does your friend have any idea what a likely timeframe for something like this is?

Just what I was hoping to see. Does your friend have any idea what a likely timeframe for something like this is?
I didn't ask, and I don't think he knows. Although the text follow up was hilarious. Basically it was "Ninth is going to have to use the new requirements, and if they resist or ignore then it goes back to the Supremes and Daddy gets out the paddle."

SAF will hopefully be capitalizing on this with WA State Supreme court and it likely should be brought up on escalation here. Penny and the LEVO c**ts are celebrating now, but they are not - repeat NOT - paying attention to what SCOTUS has said, and this is going to be tough for them to swallow if the judges actually do their job and recognize as much as they dislike our rights, they can't take them away as easily as they'd like.

Ninth will probably stay full retard like they tend to do, but if they do?

Daddy's gonna get the paddle.

I just read IP17 a little bit deeper. Interesting that they're basically suggesting that carrying normal capacity mags in self defense on your person will be a crime.
That's an important point that I hope the lawsuits bring out.
Things the honest pro2a people should have been discussing with everyone for the last few years. Cultural changes precede legal changes.

They already admitted they had non registered voters sign. They want 140k vs the 118k to be " safe". Cant they be busted down by the Oregon Secretary of State for this? I think that would call into question many of the signers and collectors.

View attachment 1231976
I don't believe they are admitting that they (intentionally) had non registered voters sign, the way I read it that is just an explanation of what issues might cause a signature to be ruled invalid. But that being said, it does also kind of read like they are setting the expectation that they do not expect the people asking for signatures to be too worried about verifying the signature, more along the lines of take the signatures first and then go to court, because that's another system. Because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. Sounds like he likes taking the signatures early.

They sure are full of themselves, gonna be epic when they get shot down in smoke and fire!
I sure hope you're right, but according to the article they have enough signatures which means it's going on the ballot. If it goes on the ballot it will absolutely pass.

Has anyone attempted to reach out to both the Sec-State and Oregon Attorney General's office in this issue?
It would seem to me that the I.P.-17 is now in direct conflict with the latest SCOTUS ruling and Vacateing of the two other cases which will now be reheared by the 9th! Regardless of how the 9th rules, the SCOTUS ruling still holds Oregon's I.P. null and void!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top