JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would DeSantis hitch himself to dead weight?
Why-Would-You-Say.gif

Republicans have been on the losing side of some social issues over the past two decades. Gay marriage was another one. I don't care if two gay people want to get married, just like I don't care if a woman wants to get an abortion. It's their business.
Neither do I.

I like to stay consistent with the "Keep the government out of people's business" as much as possible line of thinking.

It's for that reason, that I DO CARE about any further restrictive firearm legislation.

It's been my personal experience that the country runs best w/ checks & balances in government. Most seem to hate gridlock, however, I've found that the less that government is 'getting stuff done', the better.

(With this duopoly two-party system we're seemingly stuck with) It's my firm belief that one single party with all of the cards is a bad bad thing.

I've found that the country seems to function best with a (D) at the helm, a congress controlled by the (R)s -- to keep the POTUS in check, and a SCOTUS that rules from the perspective of strict constitutionality with their decisions.

YMMV.

Last Edited:
I am posting a newer version of the flyer here as a png image. (NWF won't accept PDF)
Download it, expand to 8.5 x 11. Take to Kinko, Fedex or UPS mail storefronts. Print the double image, use paper cutter to make dual 4.25 x 5.5 flyers. Go to these places and just hand them out. Put them on parked cars in parking lots. It's late in the game.

dontsign2.png

I am posting a newer version of the flyer here as a png image. (NWF won't accept PDF)
Download it, expand to 8.5 x 11. Take to Kinko, Fedex or UPS mail storefronts. Print the double image, use paper cutter to make dual 4.25 x 5.5 flyers. Go to these places and just hand them out. Put them on parked cars in parking lots. It's late in the game.

View attachment 1230635
I can get these printed in mass, maybe with bright orange paper, but would like to have a network of people here that can contact me in the Portland area for distribution. Please contact me here if you will accept this project and do the leg work that dancinghippos suggests. I may be able to mail to some state wide locations. thx.

Saw the assclowns have 117k signatures as of today according to their FB page. Still have a goal of 140k. Maybe they'll still fall short once the invalid ones are thrown out.

Really hoping Duncan v Bonta gets mag bans ruled unconstitutional under the Bruen framework before the election. Would be hilarious if after all their signature efforts, the courts get it taken off the ballot anyway

Saw the assclowns have 117k signatures as of today according to their FB page. Still have a goal of 140k. Maybe they'll still fall short once the invalid ones are thrown out.

Really hoping Duncan v Bonta gets mag bans ruled unconstitutional under the Bruen framework before the election. Would be hilarious if after all their signature efforts, the courts get it taken off the ballot anyway
They did not delay action and we did. Now we pin our hopes on some lawyers and a court case?

Are there any challenges heading before the court?
I heard the Duncan v Bonta case was getting sent back to the 9th Circus to be decided under the new framework Justice Thomas set up in Bruen. If CAs mag ban gets struck down, it should apply here as well since OR is in the same jurisdiction. No idea of a timeframe though.

I think there's more than enough runway between now and November to see the focus shift back to the economy…. With gasoline prices continuing to climb and every week at the grocery store is more painful than the previous week…. Yup, most will be able to refocus on the expenses of just trying to survive the Brandon years…
Nothing changes if we sit around typing st each other. The majority of people are agnostic on most political topics until it affects them. Focus on the crime, inflation and coming glut of spending on programs from open borders and how it was so much better before. Do that and the second amendment rides for free.

I heard the Duncan v Bonta case was getting sent back to the 9th Circus to be decided under the new framework Justice Thomas set up in Bruen. If CAs mag ban gets struck down, it should apply here as well since OR is in the same jurisdiction. No idea of a timeframe though.
Was more interested to know if we had anything local in the Oregon courts, like a lawsuit challenging the I.P.s misleading title or contents!

Why would the Cali mag ban be struck down? What did the SCOTUS sat that would implicate this possible change in the mag ban?

They already admitted they had non registered voters sign. They want 140k vs the 118k to be " safe". Cant they be busted down by the Oregon Secretary of State for this? I think that would call into question many of the signers and collectors.

Screenshot_20220629_181457.jpg

Why would the Cali mag ban be struck down? What did the SCOTUS sat that would implicate this possible change in the mag ban?
At least one case is likely heading back to the 9th for a re hearing with specific instructions! There are three others under SCOTUS review, the second may also kick back to the 9th.
Both those cases cover the mag bans, so called Assault Weapons, Semi Auto bans, and Ammo BGCs!

As far as The Calli Mag ban, ( one of the above cases likely to kick back down to the 9th) judge Bonitias has already ruled in that, using the correct SCOTUS procedures, so it will likely kick back to the 9th, or SCOTUS can completely wipe the deck and force the court to start all over, or they can accept Judge Bonitias ruling and make it stick as is!

Now I'm no legal expert, so anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading it sounds like the scotus not only tossed NY's may issue licensing scheme, but also changed the way that 2A cases have to be decided in a way that makes it much harder for anti gun laws to be found constitutional.

Some appellate courts like the 9th had been using a two step framework for deciding 2A cases that made it really easy to find 2A infringements constitutional. Thomas pretty much called them out for it, and said that for a gun law to be found constitutional, there has to be historical precedent for the restriction going back to around the time the 2A was written. I've read a bunch of people saying that there's no way such a historical precedent exists for something like a mag ban or AWB.

I just read IP17 a little bit deeper. Interesting that they're basically suggesting that carrying normal capacity mags in self defense on your person will be a crime.
That's an important point that I hope the lawsuits bring out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top