JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Giffords is obviously biased since this is Gabby Gifford's anti gun site. That does not mean their council is wrong, it just means to be skeptical of what they have to say.

LEVO's association with them, however, shows this is not a local grass roots operation. I wonder who funds them and by how much?
That's what I was getting at. Who is funding LEVO Oregon. It's a concerted effort and the same model and verbiage whether it be WA or Oregon.

It's not a non-profit, so their revenue filings in that case aren't public. That implies PAC and dark money. Same as Ceasefire Oregon, which does have a partner shill ("Education Foundation") for tax purposes.
I wonder if you can file for their filings with SecState. Might be worth doing.
Btw, that FB feed is HILARIOUS. I wish I had a FB account now so I could pile on.

Also, for some humor - fast forward to 15:20 if you want to hear the pertinent Giffords comment.
Mods: there's some foul language in this clip so if you need to tag this thread as having mature subject matter.

Stanhope talking about the two camps and Giffords is hilarious.

Legislation through outrage.Every time some moron does something stupid with a gun, the anti 2A people shriek and demand "do something". If you challenge the wisdom of what they are doing, the outrage gets focused against you. In this case, if you resist a foolish law that won't stop the violence, they can accuse you of enabling the killings

Looks like someone here figured it out. Kudos to whichever one of you decided to go public on them about it.
View attachment 1232394This is a good start, but i have found that they just ignore you if you bring this up online. I think its best to discus this face to face in person so they can't evade and try to run away from this argument. Call them out on their racist classist policies in front of their white democrat cohorts and they will melt like butter in the sun.

I'm gonna just say it now, get it out of the way and get the hate party started!
I want Tina Kotex to win the Governorship, I want this state to go so hard core left that the rest of the blue states copy everything done here with great gusto, I want these I.Ps to pass and become law, I want the States Democrap Super Majority to continue it's strangle hold on everything, I want the taxes to go up and all the spending orgies to increase, I want the minimum wage to go way up, I want to see this state Burn to ashes in a fiery cloud of pot smoke and pachouli, all the leftists dems to be standing there wondering what the hell went wrong! When the drain is finally clear, we can clean it all up and start over brick by brick the way this state should have always been, run on it's own terms following the god damn Constitution as it was written!

Rant over!

I'm gonna just say it now, get it out of the way and get the hate party started!
I want Tina Kotex to win the Governorship, I want this state to go so hard core left that the rest of the blue states copy everything done here with great gusto, I want these I.Ps to pass and become law, I want the States Democrap Super Majority to continue it's strangle hold on everything, I want the taxes to go up and all the spending orgies to increase, I want the minimum wage to go way up, I want to see this state Burn to ashes in a fiery cloud of pot smoke and pachouli, all the leftists dems to be standing there wondering what the hell went wrong! When the drain is finally clear, we can clean it all up and start over brick by brick the way this state should have always been, run on it's own terms following the god damn Constitution as it was written!

Rant over!
And when that happens, they'll do what Californians and New Yorkers have been successfully doing the past few years: infecting good states like locusts and ripping the rest of the country to the ground.
Oregon may be lost, but it would be best if we contain the infection.

So will ip17 be on ballot in November 2022? Does it take effect right after that if it passes? Thx!
I imagine we'll know by the end of next week if they have enough signatures, which it looks like they'll get them. When it goes up for vote it'll pass with flying colors.

Not sure when the law will take effect once passed. I imagine it'll be similar to the WA mag ban.

So will ip17 be on ballot in November 2022? Does it take effect right after that if it passes? Thx!
Not sure on time frame, perhaps January 1st? The recent SCOTUS decision should invalidate the magazine ban (eventually) but the part that worries me is the permit to purchase. Once a right requires a permit it is no longer a right but a privilege that can be revoked at will.

IMHO.....
No matter the newest Supreme Court ruling. They will still try. The legislature and those anti-gunners will never understand nor try to understand the concept(s) of......

".....shall not be infringed".

Anti American and Anti Constitution is their motto.

Too bad that it costs so much money......to fight every gun grabber's proposals and/or to reverse the UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS (already on the books).

Aloha, Mark

"To qualify for a permit, an applicant must complete an approved firearm safety course, pay a fee, provide personal information, submit to fingerprinting and photographing and pass a criminal background check. The person must apply for the permit from the local police chief, county sheriff or their designees."

Where to begin with this? Get what you need now before this passes to tide you over until you can flee this state. OR is poised to be the most firearm unfriendly state in the union hands down, far worse than Commiefornia and NY. Also IP 18 will be queuing up soon to further infringe upon your constitutional rights. Basically, all semiautomatic weapons will be banned.

"To qualify for a permit, an applicant must complete an approved firearm safety course, pay a fee, provide personal information, submit to fingerprinting and photographing and pass a criminal background check. The person must apply for the permit from the local police chief, county sheriff or their designees."

Where to begin with this? Get what you need now before this passes to tide you over until you can flee this state. OR is poised to be the most firearm unfriendly state in the union hands down, far worse than Commiefornia and NY. Also IP 18 will be queuing up soon to further infringe upon your constitutional rights. Basically, all semiautomatic weapons will be banned.
Done, purchased 4 firearms since this BS got enough signatures. OR is becoming a communist country composed of far left snowflakes and antifa, homeless, meth heads, criminals, and psychos.

Normal people will have to move to rural areas or other states unfortunately. But at least I'll have every gun I want in hand when I leave as well as a large supply of mags.

I refuse to comply with any provisions of this BS and in regards to the purchase part, that a person will have to comply with if buying legally, IMO it's time to get all the purchases out of the way right now so you will never have to deal with that unconstitutional BS.

Last Edited:
Probably the truest statement I've read since I joined this forum.
Well of course you only see forum members interacting with other forum members on this forum. That's the whole point.

Also, since there is not a section that allows you to see what members here are doing/discussing with other people in real life or on different forums, how could you possibly know that they are not advocating for the Second Amendment among fence-sitters or those in opposition?

Seems like a pointless dig at an entire group of pro-2A people, when instead you could offer constructive methods/strategies to counter those who are against us.

I would venture to guess that a good portion of us on this forum spend a lot of time attempting to educate the ignorant regarding the Second Amendment, firearms, and the ineffectiveness/unconstitutionally of restrictions placed on our rights.

Well of course you only see forum members interacting with other forum members on this forum. That's the whole point.

Also, since there is not a section that allows you to see what members here are doing/discussing with other people in real life or on different forums, how could you possibly know that they are not advocating for the Second Amendment among fence-sitters or those in opposition?

Seems like a pointless dig at an entire group of pro-2A people, when instead you could offer constructive methods/strategies to counter those who are against us.

I would venture to guess that a good portion of us on this forum spend a lot of time attempting to educate the ignorant regarding the Second Amendment, firearms, and the ineffectiveness/unconstitutionally of restrictions placed on our rights.
Don't feed the Troll.

IP18 defines 'Assault Rifle" as:

3. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

(A) A folding or telescoping stock;
(B) Any grip of the rifle, including a pistol grip, a thumbhole stock or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the rifle in a manner resulting in any finger on the trigger hand, in addition to the trigger finger, being below any portion of the action of the rifle when firing;
(C) A forward pistol grip;
(D) A flash suppressor; or
(E) A grenade launcher or flare launcher;

Therefore, my son's 22 cal. target rifle is a weapon of war. See how scary it looks?

10222.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top