JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got my buck tag and my cow elk tag for ukiah this year. Very excited for the elk hunt first time for me going elk hunting any tips.
Thanks
I hunt ukiah for second season (end of Oct) this year I'll let you know what I see. Stick with bridge creek for first time. Cow season is in November righ?

Yeah November our first day is the 16th that I will be there. Where is bridge creek my family has a spot that we always set up camp and last year for Deer hunt I seen no deer but seen lots of elk.

Yeah November our first day is the 16th that I will be there. Where is bridge creek my family has a spot that we always set up camp and last year for Deer hunt I seen no deer but seen lots of elk.
Google bridge creek ukiah. Do you know where you camp for deer? It would probably be just as good of spot as any.

been huntin deer for 20 years in ukiah. its been great up until the last 3 seasons there. seen lots of elk, no bucks. barely any doe.

That's way south of our spot

Screenshot_20190827-205538_onX Hunt.jpg

I drew this same tag this year, how'd you do last fall?
A few elk were killed opening morning in the deep canyons but we covered a lot of ground and never even saw a fresh track in four days.
there were 5 inches of snow on the ground when we arrived two days before the hunt and by The third day the temperature was in the 70s and ground was dry.
Good luck to you.

Controversy is prevalent over whether wolf packs, Wolveses, drive elk out or not. I personally believe they do, from experience, observation, and anecdotes of friends. However, at least one member has shared pics of big elk harvested on Mt. Emily after wolves were already verified. Maybe the wolves were on vacay?

Sorry for the thread drift, but I'd like to hear from members that have hunted a unit where they saw both wolves AND elk, and what year if any. A bit late now, but maybe info will help hunters decide which unit is a tag wasted. After all, a look at the harvest numbers, tag success, given by ODFW for each unit is pretty depressing for last year!

bb
Last year hunting the Starkey unit for elk, 2 members of our party saw three different wolveses. No meat in our camp but the fellows down the FS road about a mile tagged a 5 & 6 point bull respectively.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top