JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Although the focus of this article is OR AG targeting BlackLivesMatter, the fact our tax dollars are funding staff to surveil online posts on a routine basis (vs collecting info after a crime) reveals the danger by Oregon's leftist totalitarians.
How many other sites & forums such as firearm related sites are being tracked and data collected? Data collection for the 'big gun grab'...

Excerpts:

Oregon attorney general 'appalled' by probe of Black Lives Matter
d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpe By By Courtney Sherwood
PORTLAND, Ore. (Reuters) - Oregon's attorney general is investigating the state's digital surveillance of Twitter users who wrote #BlackLivesMatter and other hashtags and has put one employee on leave, saying she was "appalled" by her department's profiling.
Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum wrote to local civil rights leaders including the president of the Urban League of Portland on Tuesday saying Oregon's Criminal Justice Division, which she supervises, used an online tool to search the Twitter feeds of a number of residents.

"When I initially heard about this incident I was appalled," Rosenblum wrote in her letter on Tuesday. [LIAR!] She gave no details on the scope of the digital surveillance.
The incident comes as the attorney general is due to report the findings of a statewide task force she is leading on police profiling in Oregon to the legislature on Dec. 1.
In a letter to the attorney general on Tuesday, the league's president said it was "improper, and potentially unlawful" for state investigators to target anyone "merely for expressing a viewpoint, or for being a part of a social movement."
"We are concerned that such unwarranted investigations are racially motivated, and create a chilling effect on social justice advocates, political activists and others who wish to engage in discourse about the issues of our time," Johnson wrote in the letter, signed by other civil rights and labor leaders.
Rosenblum said in her letter she shares Johnson's concerns. She has asked a Portland lawyer to conduct an investigation into improper conduct, her office said.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/oregon-attorney-general-appalled-probe-black-lives-matter-015350436.html

Charlie;
Thanks for posting this, saw it on the 6pm news day before yesterday.
So Twittering and Facebooking or "Googling" on the WorldWideWeb is "protected"?
Who stands embarassed if exposed by such an investigation?
I recall the Gov herself was expressing veiled outrage on the newscast.
Wonder how this will play out?
Who is behind BLM, etc?

"veiled outrage" is right!

I understand posting is public, but there is no reason to collect data until after the fact such as in the case of a crime.
As for government collecting free public speech as routine, such as in the case of 2A & 4A defenders, means the 1A is already on its way out the window.
The more people fear retaliation by government for freely speaking their opinions & beliefs, the less people will speak. Tipping the power to the government drip by drip.

No doubt, legislators kept a list of NRA members writing/emailing opposition letters on 941.

ALL government - Fed & State - is completely OUT OF CONTROL!

Last Edited:
I've been sending the Attorney general questions about the C&R FFL since July with not one response from their office.

I emailed her today and said I no longer request a response, but will be voting against her next year and will be donating to her opponent in the election. I also reminded her she was appointed by Kitzhaber and not elected. So she has never won an election.

I'd compel everyone to vote against her next year.

So, if someone indicates support for ISIL or other terrorist group, everyone is supposed to turn away and pretend it didn't happen? Walking, talking, and crapping like a duck may not make it a duck, but you should sure as ell be checking it out if you're concerned about ducks. This PC crap has gotten seriously out of hand.

Who do they think perpetuated the lie of "hands up don't shoot" and burned down the town? Sure wasn't the Quakers!

"I'm from the government and I know what you did last summer!" o_O
Attention, all government surveilers! I don't like you and I don't trust this administration and government! Bite me!

There, is that enough key words for you?

This will be fun to watch! The government covering up its investigation of its investigation!;)
Thanks, Charliehorse!

Sure. She see's information gathered in this case as profiling.

But what about the case brought to her attention about Folks stockpiling guns, and or ammo?
Well this would be criminal! And so keeping tabs on these people is perfectly legal!

It's a slippery slope when all the Animals on the farm are equal. Except some that are more equal!;)

I have figured a long,long,long time ago ''big brother'' is watching.:s0087: Not only watching but listening as well.:s0011: So, HEY,'' big brother'' as a law abiding tax payer I will say mind your own damned business, because YOU work for US and WE pay YOU, REMEMBER THAT ! :s0117: :s0078:

I have figured a long,long,long time ago ''big brother'' is watching.:s0087: Not only watching but listening as well.:s0011: So, HEY,'' big brother'' as a law abiding tax payer I will say mind your own damned business, because YOU work for US and WE pay YOU, REMEMBER THAT ! :s0117: :s0078:

Do you know what's so scary about government entities?
We have financial limits and they know that. And they don't!
So they have nothing but contempt for us.

They have unlimited money. And unlimited lawyers.
All the Government has to do is accuse you of a crime! You will loose everything you own trying to prove you did nothing!

They have the power to bleed you dry! :s0002:

So, if someone indicates support for ISIL or other terrorist group, everyone is supposed to turn away and pretend it didn't happen? Walking, talking, and crapping like a duck may not make it a duck, but you should sure as ell be checking it out if you're concerned about ducks.
We already have a solution for that. And it doesn't involve paying government staffers to sit on their asz surfing citizen's posts all day. It's called - Get a f**king WARRANT!
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

All the Government has to do is accuse you of a crime! You will loose everything you own trying to prove you did nothing!

Correct, but its worse than that. At least if charged with a crime, you still get due process in a timely fashion and the rest of the BOR, and the presumption of innocence.

Whereas with Administrative Agencies (who are running a significant portion of the government these days), they start a so called "investigation" on hearsay, sometimes with only one complaint/"witness", and you are presumed guilty for breaking a "rule" (different from a law), and have to defend your innocence. No Grand Jury, no indictment, no jury trial. Just a witch hunt by bureaucrat totalitarians, and even when you win your case, you don't get those years and thousands back - no recourse to recoup.

Correct, but its worse than that. At least if charged with a crime, you still get due process in a timely fashion and the rest of the BOR, and the presumption of innocence.

Whereas with Administrative Agencies (who are running a significant portion of the government these days), they start a so called "investigation" on hearsay, sometimes with only one complaint/"witness", and you are presumed guilty for breaking a "rule" (different from a law), and have to defend your innocence. No Grand Jury, no indictment, no jury trial. Just a witch hunt by bureaucrat totalitarians, and even when you win your case, you don't get those years and thousands back - no recourse to recoup.

That's it!

I'm gona have a cyanide tablet implanted in my tooth!!!!!!!!!!! :s0107:

I AIN'T GOIN' OUT LIKE THAT ! :cool:

Yeah, they have unlimited money, our money. To me the worst part is that they use our own money against us.

Ray

"veiled outrage" is right!

I understand posting is public, but there is no reason to collect data until after the fact such as in the case of a crime.
As for government collecting free public speech as routine, such as in the case of 2A & 4A defenders, means the 1A is already on its way out the window.
The more people fear retaliation by government for freely speaking their opinions & beliefs, the less people will speak. Tipping the power to the government drip by drip.

No doubt, legislators kept a list of NRA members writing/emailing opposition letters on 941.

ALL government - Fed & State - is completely OUT OF CONTROL!
I agree and well aware on all points. Here is how they get away with all the junk and double standards ! check this out and much more at the site
http://www.downtoearththinking.com/cogdis-and-normalcy-bias.html

all you 2A advocates had better join in as well as 1A and others ? also a very good reason to join Oath Keepers or 3% ers. They deserve your support and numbers matter !

also see this FB page https://www.facebook.com/Downtothinking

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads