JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From Sen. Kim Thatcher:

Hello everyone,
As some of you already know, there are two gun bills that will be heard on Monday the 17th in the Senate Judiciary Committee. The committee will hear testimony from 8:00 to 9:45 am and also a special public hearing later in the afternoon around 5:00 pm. The two bills that will be heard are SB 797 and SB 868. Both bills as currently written have serious consequences that could potentially limit your Second Amendment right.

I would highly recommend that you take a day and come down to the Capitol on Monday to give testimony on these bills. If you decide to come and testify, understand that you will only be allotted a maximum of two minutes to speak due to the high volume of people coming in to give their testimony. This is a highly contentious issue, so please, remember to maintain your bearing and stay on topic. Your testimony will be much stronger when it is presented in a way that is respectful of the process.

If you cannot physically come to speak on these bills, you can submit your concerns through email to the committee assistants and it will become a permanent part of the legislative record. You can find that contact information by clicking here.

Sincerely,

Senator Kim Thatcher
Senate District 13
[email protected]

Folks, we need to make every effort to clog up Salem and the State House with a show of force. Time to melt down the legislators email servers and phone services...

My problem with SB 797 is that it is a smoke screen. Currently I know of no LGS that will release the firearm to the buyer without an approval number from the OSP. The LGS do not release it after the current 3 day holding period without the approval number, period. What this bill is designed to do is to allow the OSP to become lazy in their processing of the BGC or even intentionally delay it to prevent law abiding citizens from acquiring a firearm in violation of the Second Amendment. Like the ATF takes 9 months to approve a title 2 item and then states they are understaffed and will not hear appeals to unjustified denials. Welcome to the newly developed State of Northern California, formally known as Oregon. But then Bloomberg is also trying to annex Oregon to become the West Coast New York. Sickening.

Me thinks he is trying to strengthen the Oregon requirements to obtain a CHL to prepare to defend against the National Reciprocity bill in congress. And, yep, Bloomberg paid him to do it. He sold out Oregonians for New York money, $$$$$.

Thanks for the update, always appreciated.

The wording of that is similar to Massachusettes. One of the reasons I never bothered to get into firearms back there. Cost and time prohibitive.

Along with the local Police chief having a yea or nea say in your getting a CHL (back there it's not county Sherriff).

My understanding (and I may certainly be mistaken) from the brief look I took when living back there. Also my understanding was even if you did jump thru the hoops, many city and town chiefs stance was a blanket "no" to concealed carry applications.

Ugh!

Time for Ol Floyd to "end":mad::mad::mad: What a Tool
Then some one needs to find some stones and go after That Certain New York Billionare "Gentleman" and enlighten him about Americans Rights, and how all the money in the world cannot take them away!

And they're coming after CHL holders too, with the announcement late Friday of adding SB 764 (amendment 2)... Requiring all gun safety classes to occur in person, no online classes as well as live range fire, amongst other changes and requirement for CHL's...

Time to light 'em up folks... We need to show up en masse Monday, time to flex our collective muscle and shut down Soro's and Bloomberg's minions...

By the way, SB 764 is classic Prozanski, last minute to avoid resistance... Time to attempt another recall of Prozanski and Brown, now that we have a legit SoS...

So what about us people that already have a permit. When we renew do we need to jump through hoops or is it just a renewal process.

Ive already emailed all the senators with a sample letter from OFF

Texas is looking better and better every week. This Oregon govt is getting too far gone for me...

8am meeting at the Senate Judiciary Committee in Salem. What did it say, room 50? Because it's not like any of us have to be at work or anything... Oh, and it's gotta be on Easter Monday too...

These lawmakers should be ashamed of themselves. They want to ruin Oregon and turn it into a nightmare like CA or NY.

They're all about liberal tolerance until you refuse to fall in line with their ideology.

... And all for the money of an out of state billionaire who wants to remove from us rights enshrined as inalienable.

We've got to keep up the good fight and keep Oregon free.

Received this notice from OFF and sent emails out to Salem, as if they are listening. I also saw Salem is thumbing their noses at us in regards to the emergency clause.

If Phloyd wasn't such a little spineless twat, he would go door to door demanding the things he does behind the saftey of pen and paper.

Received this notice from OFF and sent emails out to Salem, as if they are listening. I also saw Salem is thumbing their noses at us in regards to the emergency clause.
Same here. Emails sent. Please everyone send the emails. Inundate them with communications against this ridiculous "wolf in sheeps clothing" bill.

Politicians being cheap whores for whatever special intetest doesn't surprise me as their only craft is half-truths and pandering to ignorance. Far more troubling is the fact that the voters in this state don't recognize the divide and conquer stratgey. Sin taxes, gun taxes and regulation and new laws, healthcare taxes, parts of the constitution, and etc. They pick on a voting minority and violate their basic constitutional rights and no one gets pissed until thier little minority habit or hobby gets violated. Pot is all the rage now but somehow cigarettes and guns are evil and need further taxation and regulation. Foolishness. As voters we just have to vote NO on everything that doesn't restore constitutional rights. Look at the returns from the presidential election for pete's sake. 80% of voters in the I-5 corridor just blindly vote for the deviant communist encumbant. It's pathetic and scary. This is not the great state that I grew up in as a fifth generation Oregonian. No wonder the Eastern Oregon types despise those of us from Western Oregon.

8am meeting at the Senate Judiciary Committee in Salem. What did it say, room 50? Because it's not like any of us have to be at work or anything... Oh, and it's gotta be on Easter Monday too...

This is the liberal tactic, to keep pro2A comments to a minimum. What 2A people need to do is take a personal or sick day off but the best option is to think of the priority of your rights for once. Do what needs to be done, fight, because when the Bloomberg are successful in passing bills to restrict your rights you'll have no one to blame but yourself for not fighting them.

Funny, Floyd's biggest out of state contributor is Phillip Morris, ~480,000 deaths from smoking per year and ~40,000 from second hand smoke. That is more deaths from second hand smoke that the firearm related deaths these twerps quote all the time.

5 more days until I leave Oregon for good. Good luck you guys. I would update your CHL's early so you at least get them before this crap happens.

And by the way, my considered opinion (that I don't share very often because I just hate squabbling), is that if they pass something like this every one of us should strap on that six gun and open carry safely. Most of the idiots in this state don't even realize that's still our right. Civil disobedience and beef, it's what's for dinner.

Funny, Floyd's biggest out of state contributor is Phillip Morris, ~480,000 deaths from smoking per year and ~40,000 from second hand smoke. That is more deaths from second hand smoke that the firearm related deaths these twerps quote all the time.

5 more days until I leave Oregon for good. Good luck you guys. I would update your CHL's early so you at least get them before this crap happens.
Case in point thank you:).

Where you going? Why?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class