JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The other factor in the attempted recall was a corrupt partisan Secretary of State... I suspect another attempt at a Prozansky recall might go differently... And get a fair and accurate signature count by the current Secretary of State

I agree that may have been a factor, but there was allot of hype and when compared to the actual action it was not even close so many did not sign the petition it was funny. In fact from what I recall Douglas County where I live ( huge conservative majority ) and is in his district (partially) well not much of a show for petitions where here most I talked with say there was no work done here on it.

California had this once, and now you can not get them at all. Oh you can go thru the hoops and jumps but then can still say no. I wont get into Oregon firearms politics as its so easy to piss people off, but I will say this did not happen only due to the Dems. It happened in part due to lazy voters and a poor recall attempt/ impeach attempt. Doing that and failing gave Floyd the revenge factor. I will leave it at that because things are not as they seem, but its not just the Dems that cause this, it was lack of voters and some making promises in the private sector they didnt keep.

Amen

Move to Washington State. I got my CC ten years ago and have never had any problems renewing it. I swear, if my wife passes before I do, I would move to another state, if Washington takes away CC. what's weird is, the states are going against the constitution and the federal government are allowing them too. You know why? Because rich people, celebrities and senators never, I say never have any problems getting a cc in any state, even if they don't allow it. They make "special exceptions" for the above. This is democracy at its best!
Anther thing, always keep a round chambered. I don't practice and so I also have a round chambered. Here's a case in point:
Dad Isn't Carrying With a Round Chambered, Gets Self & Son Killed on Video - AllOutdoor.com
Sifu

Move to Washington State. I got my CC ten years ago and have never had any problems renewing it. I swear, if my wife passes before I do, I would move to another state, if Washington takes away CC. what's weird is, the states are going against the constitution and the federal government are allowing them too. You know why? Because rich people, celebrities and senators never, I say never have any problems getting a cc in any state, even if they don't allow it. They make "special exceptions" for the above. This is democracy at its best!
Anther thing, always keep a round chambered. I don't practice and so I also have a round chambered. Here's a case in point:
Dad Isn't Carrying With a Round Chambered, Gets Self & Son Killed on Video - AllOutdoor.com
Sifu
Carrying without a round in the chamber, you may as well carry a hammer...

Don't sell a hammer short. Another victim of a "Gun Free" zone.

Woman beaten with hammer grateful co-worker interrupted attack

13605282_G.jpg

Is this what you want for Oregon Floyd? Is it!

Damn! If I didn't know better, I would say it's makeup for a horror movie. No, I agree, if you are within striking distance, many things can be a weapon. It's so foolish not to have the right to CC. Check the stats and you will find that when seconds count, police are only minutes away. When bad things happen, they happen very fast. Alaska may wind up being the only state that will allow CC, in maybe fifty years.

Thanks for the info! Still super messed up for people who are about to turn the age of carry or want new permits.

I moved here from NY to get the hell away from bloomberg and his bs. I spent the entire night writing to senators. Texas looks more promising every week

Be aware that Texas has certain signs in place that have the force of law:

Texas Gun Law Changes and Guns Not Allowed Signage - GovDocs

In Washington State signs to do not carry the force of law. There are still requirements of where you can and cannot carry in Washington State and and then the Federal Government has their own laws as well.

Here's an email I received from Oregon Firearms Federation on 04.14.17 . Some pretty drastic changes that appear to be clearly aimed at law abiding citizens.

(Please consider signing up for their email alerts or visit their website frequently. They have an automailer that makes contacting legislative officials very easy. Bills can change over night as evidenced below with SB 764.)

"NOTE THE LEGISLATIVE WEBSITE IS DOWN FROM 6PM TO 10PM FRIDAY NIGHT.
Some of the links in this alert may not work during that period.

As we have told you, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be hearing three anti-gun bills on Monday morning. While we were able to warn you about the dangers of SB 797 and SB 868 in previous alerts, we did not know until today what to expect from SB 764. Now we do.

SB 764 has morphed from a one paragraph bogus "place holder" bill to a 30 page monstrosity with one goal, to make concealed handgun licenses impossible to get.

Under the amended SB 764, concealed handgun classes would not only require live fire (something becoming more difficult every day as our ranges disappear due to lawsuits) but it would also forbid online training (something even the Oregon Sheriffs Association offers) and require that the class include "training in the safe loading, unloading, storage and carrying of handguns and training in the current laws governing the lawful use of a firearm, including self-defense, the use of force, including deadly force, and the transportation and concealment of handguns."

So, in addition to needing a range, you will need an instructor who is a legal expert. The problem is, of course, NRA instructors are firearms instructors. They get no training in the laws of different states by the NRA and, in fact, are discouraged from teaching the law in their classes. So who will provide "legal" training for these classes, who will certify them and who will determine the curriculum?

Rest assured, even if you can find an instructor who can meet all these requirements, the cost of a CHL class will skyrocket and the number of places and instructors that can provide this (as of yet undefined) service will dwindle to almost zero.

Make no mistake, this bill has one goal; to eliminate concealed carry and pay off anti-gun New York billionaires who are bankrolling anti-gun legislators.

SB 868, which was created to allow a court to take away your firearms based on allegations from household members or police, now has amendments to expand it to allow a court to take away "Any instrument, article or substance specifically designed for and presently capable of causing death or serious physical injury."

When you think about it, that could be anything. The new amended version also allows you to have your possessions seized because you were convicted of a DUI and allows the police to search your home to find and seize anything they want to call a "deadly weapon."

Please consider coming to the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Monday at 8AM in Hearing Room 50 and express your outrage at this attempt to disarm Oregonians.

And please contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee to voice your opposition to this transparent attack on your rights to self defense.

If you prefer you can also send your testimony to the committee to be entered into the record. The address for testimony is:

[email protected]

A sample message and legislator's contact info follow.

You can also use the automailer in the web version of this email to contact all of the committee members at one time.

Dear Senator,
SB 764 is clearly nothing more than an effort to eliminate lawful concealed carry in Oregon. The requirements proposed in the "dash-2" amendments are onerous, unnecessary and almost impossible to comply with.

I strongly urge you to consider your constituents and not the deep pockets of New York billionaires who are promoting this harmful legislation and vote "NO" on the amended SB 764.

SB 868 is an outrageous assault on liberty, private property and due process. As amended by the "dash 1" amendments it is far worse.

Vote "NO" on SB 868 and the "dash-1"amendments."

And another on April 15

"UPDATE ON ANTI-GUN BILL HEARING
Since yesterday's alert concerning the anti-gun bills being heard in the Senate on Monday, new amendments have been proposed to two of the bills.

The "dash 4" amendment has been proposed for SB 764. You will recall this was the one paragraph "place holder" bill that Prozanski wants to amend to virtually eliminate the ability to get a CHL.
The "dash 4" amendment borrows from another bad bill being heard that day (SB 797) and eliminates the safeguard that allows a person to receive a firearm after three business days have transpired if the State Police do not complete a background check. While the amendment does allow a person who has been denied a transfer the right to provide info to the State Police proving they are qualified, there are still no protections for persons who have been delayed, a far more common problem. So under this amendment, if you are delayed, you are simply out of luck .

An amendment has been proposed for SB 797 as well. As noted above, SB 797 is the bill that eliminates the three day safeguard and allows the State Police to deny you a firearms transfer literally forever. The "dash 3" amendment proposes that denied persons can provide information to the State Police to demonstrate they are qualified, but once again does nothing for the far greater number of people who are delayed.
If you plan to come and testify on Monday you should be aware of these proposed amendments.

"Dash 4" amendment to SB 764

"Dash 3" amendment to SB 797

Information on the Senate Judiciary Committee, including members , schedules and new amendments can be found here."

After Mondays hearing how long before we know the outcome?

Ive posted to several places including reddit and I'm shocked at the amount of people that are for the chl Bill. It's actually discerning. Texas keeps looking better.

After Mondays hearing how long before we know the outcome?

Ive posted to several places including reddit and I'm shocked at the amount of people that are for the chl Bill. It's actually discerning. Texas keeps looking better.

Why I am against the bill 100% I can see why many are for it.
Lobbys in Oregon and the NRA spend allot of money on things they shouldn't and do not spend much on educating the ( NON FIREARM OWNER ) the reason why the left is so successful is they hit where they can.
When was the last time a ad on TV was seen paid for by local lobbys? I can tell you Ceasefire has paid for many radio ads our Oregon lobbys not a one. ( Ive heard the storys they get money, you can get radio ads for 100.00 a pop it doesn't take billions to get the word out) If we do not expose the general public and even those whom are conservative and do not own firearms we will have people siding on whos side will educate them.
The opposition is selling stories to the public of the stupid careless videos on Youtube of firearms owners acting irresponsibly. Yet our side .........you can hear crickets. Telling Firearms owners the bill is bad is like telling fish they need water . Its a no DUH, how about going after the people that matter ? Its been a few years even since the NRA put out pro-carry stuff and Oregon lobbies don't do any and really suck at general public awareness.
I speak the truth because this is why people are for the bill because they do not know any better, but you can bet the left is more then happy to help those on the fence decide and they will.

Oregon lobbies, have had zero affect on any bills in 8 years or so, and well 2017 will be no different.
You want the Prozankies and cronies to cry momma, you get the general population to support gun owners.
You don't dump money educating firearms owners and much as it should be the people that know sheet about firearms. Until we convince lobbies how we want this fight done it will be same ole same ole. Just remember in 2007 Cease Fire Oregon had like a dozen people in ten years they are huge and yet local gun lobbies have lost all their power. The majority only has power because the opposition supports them with the undecided at their side, after all Trump won allot because people were opposed to one side and were educated by him. But what do I know.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I agree with a lot that ShootFirst said. Education is vitally important. But education on both sides of the fence. I've seen some CC folks who NEED some brushing up. Like that person who couldn't drive for squat on 205, had road rage and was waving his gun around at other cars as he drove.
Or on the other side of the fence, where I had to convince someone that all semi auto rifles were not fully automatic; the name "semi-auto" was not enough.
The way I see it, laws are made for the least common denominator. If all people took the time to train, to educate themselves, and acted responsibly, we wouldn't have as great a push to make a law for everything. But let's face it, we have a bunch of meatheads out there, some of which we are embarrassed to say are "on our side."
Is requiring live fire a bad idea for someone who wants to carry? I don't think so. Is knowing the law around the subject a bad idea? Once again, I don't think so. Is having a hodgepodge of laws, different for every state, and some different per county, and requiring someone to learn them all, the answer? Of course not. Maybe it will help to set a standard for CC reciprocity, I don't know.
If the laws they are trying to introduce weren't so bloody one sided, maybe we'd actually be in favor of them.

Knowing the law, and becoming proficient are the individuals responsibility.

Having CHL with live fire & a legal course(s) would be cost & time prohibitive for most folks.

Even with live fire and legal, an individual would still have to justify a defensive shooting.

Places I'll never go back to.

I did go to New York City once back in 2010 and took a cruse up the New England and Canadian coast to see the fall leaves. The cruise stops were enjoyable but I have not gone back. I did try New York pizza but it was not as good as the Chicago deep dish pizza (IMHO). I lived in Chicago back in 2004-2005 time frame and the apartment I was living in had a great view of Navy Pier. But I wouldn't want to live in Chicago now.

We flew to Chicago coming from New York City so my in laws could see the city sites. We took the architectural cruse up the Chicago River and visited the Willis Tower. We did these when we lived there too.

I agree with a lot that ShootFirst said. Education is vitally important. But education on both sides of the fence. I've seen some CC folks who NEED some brushing up. Like that person who couldn't drive for squat on 205, had road rage and was waving his gun around at other cars as he drove.
Or on the other side of the fence, where I had to convince someone that all semi auto rifles were not fully automatic; the name "semi-auto" was not enough.
The way I see it, laws are made for the least common denominator. If all people took the time to train, to educate themselves, and acted responsibly, we wouldn't have as great a push to make a law for everything. But let's face it, we have a bunch of meatheads out there, some of which we are embarrassed to say are "on our side."
Is requiring live fire a bad idea for someone who wants to carry? I don't think so. Is knowing the law around the subject a bad idea? Once again, I don't think so. Is having a hodgepodge of laws, different for every state, and some different per county, and requiring someone to learn them all, the answer? Of course not. Maybe it will help to set a standard for CC reciprocity, I don't know.
If the laws they are trying to introduce weren't so bloody one sided, maybe we'd actually be in favor of them.

You make some good points, what I would like to see is common sense used on our side as opposed to the left. The lefts version of common sense usually equals rights removal of gun owners. What I find interesting is why is it Oregon lobbyist are the only state lobbies never to petition law makers for new laws? Most states you can see active pro-gun lobby work to create good laws that protect us, and why I hear allot about how bad laws are that are coming up I never ever see our Oregon gun lobby's here present any proposed laws. What that means is if you do not present laws you want that tells the public your cool with how it is. Do you know the left has proposed a few dozen to law makers over these same years? I am not saying there is something being done wrong by Oregon Lobbys per-say, but why is it this question is never asked to them why they never are pro-active? If I didnt know better id almost think it was on purpose. Now I am not hinting or proposing anyone in Oregon lobby system is a wrongdoer as I can't know that. But dang I've lived in Oregon a heck of along time and wonder why this just slides by where other states now way they shut you down ands call you out, but here seems we kinda look the other way. And I just go hmmm thats interesting. Having a majority has nothing to do with showing our side we want justice and we want new laws to protect us, and yes law makers do come up with proposed laws. But our lobbyist are not behind them, they do not propose, draft or write laws proposed. When in other states thats exactly what lobbyists do. But as Ive said before what do I know.:rolleyes:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top