JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We, as a firearms community, need to financially support Oregon Outdoor Council and OFF in their efforts to thwart this initiative. I'd say it's more effective to keep it off the November ballot than to hope for the best if it makes it to the ballot...

Dig deep folks, give up a day or two at the range to support them in our fight over our rights... let's show solidarity like the other side hasn't seen from us...

Now is the time to lock this up in the Court! The more challenges, the longer it's going to take the Court to hear each, thus blocking the gathering of signatures in the time alotted for them, which makes the IP go away! What's Even better, court challenges show the antis that there will be a substantial push back against any anti moves!

Now is the time to lock this up in the Court! The more challenges, the longer it's going to take the Court to hear each, thus blocking the gathering of signatures in the time alotted for them, which makes the IP go away! What's Even better, court challenges show the antis that there will be a substantial push back against any anti moves!
^^^This. Agree 100%.

We need to all come together, show our might and be willing to financially support Supreme Court challenges, that the filer might not be able to afford.

@daiello91 not sure what you guys have in the works, and not knowing is dangerous to us all, so I wanted to share some thoughts here that can be used if it's needed. I'm sure you are on top of things, but none the less;

The revised title contains 3 issues to be addressed. The term "assault weapon" requires a legally recognized definition based on factual information, not random chosen terms and talking points. I submit that the only authority qualified to offer a definitive definition is the United States Army Ordence dept. Speciffically a senior tenured armoror. I submit the Wikipedia definition to be the most accurate, but it should be passed to the Army for official recognition.
The IP lists parts and components that make up an alleged "Assault Weapon" but does not define the reason for each part or components function that converts a standard weapon into an "Assault Weapon" I.E. a flash hider, how and why does it make an other wise normal rifle into an "Assault Weapon" same for any and all the others speciffically called out! Further more, the title and description States "Defined" but the IP does not define any thing, (see first point above!) So, how does that hold up to legal scrutiny? Relying on the O.S.P. for a legal finding is a very bad idea, it must come from an official source out side the preview of the State!
High capasity ammunition magazines "Defined" again, this dosnt hold up, nor is any officilly reconised definition included in the IP, this must come from the manufactures if all firearms included in the list by features speciffically listed, each firearm affected by this must have it's standard ammunition capasity listed and any "Upgrades" or common modifications available! The term High capasity must then hold up to the application against Standard capacity! I.e. an M-1A has a standard capasity of 20 rounds as opposed to any aftermarket magazine th at may be higher! Where as the M-1 Garand has a capasity of 8 rounds standard, thus falling under the maximum limit in a fixed magazine!
Terms of offence, what are the punishments of non compliance? Minimum and maximum sentence if found guilty, and who will be expected to uphold these terms in the enforcement, and administration of sentencing?
Registration, fed law speciffically offers protections against this, and with out an amendment to the constitution, this stands against any challenge undiminished!

No matter the initial outcome, these specific challenges force the courts to find on specific details listed, thereby setting a president for any further challenges!
I humbly offer this up for consideration to be used if needed to the fullest extent possable! This is our rights, our future, our children's futures, this is not something to casually cast off in hopes it will go away! If any of this can be used by any one to bring challenge to the courts, then by all and every means please do so!

If a firearm is in an NFA trust "person owned"

Are there I looked through it, and it said can be transferred to "gunsmiths" ... or section 4, 4. b - (b) "Transfer the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to a firearms dealer licensed under 18 U.S.C. 923 for lawful sale or transfer under subsection (2)(c) of this section.

but then are FFL's if they were to receive such firearms under a deadline to sell them?

Any secret squirrels going to check this out ?

UPDATE: Join us Thursday, May 24! There will be a press conference for the Lift Every Voice Oregon Campaign at 10:30 a.m. at Augustana Lutheran Church (corner of NE Knott and NE 15th St.), Portland Oregon. Interfaith leaders of the IP 43 Campaign will be joined by others to offer statements on Santa Fe and Thurston high schools, comments on the IP 43 Revised Ballot Title, and key announcements about statewide campaign developments, training and an ever-expanding network of support.

A training session will follow for those interested in circulating IP 43 when it is available.

I would consider going except that I prefer my church and state separated.
I can't fathom they do not pay taxes and then proceed to remove and relinquish my constitutional rights.
I will support Oregon Outdoor Council though.....

I posted this on the counter attack thread, but thought that anyone that hasn't seen it would benefit - its not over till its over:

Portland Tribune quoted Reverend Knutson on Initiative 43 - "Our goal is to collect 100,000 signatures in one day," Knutson said.

The only way they could collect that many signatures in one day is if they already had the people lined up and listed as wanting to sign. This seems to be an illegal move to gather signatures. The signatures are technically already gathered. It would be wise to keep an eye on them and report any questionable signature gathering. If they have a list of names and contact information prior to being certified, they are busted

Can they collect signatures electronically? If so, they might get some that way.

I would consider going except that I prefer my church and state separated.
I can't fathom they do not pay taxes and then proceed to remove and relinquish my constitutional rights.
I will support Oregon Outdoor Council though.....

I was more talking about spying, getting the direct word... on how they were going about their business. how they were going to organize and get signatures, maybe there could be peaceful objections at their locations.

I was more talking about spying, getting the direct word... on how they were going about their business. how they were going to organize and get signatures, maybe there could be peaceful objections at their locations.
Check Derek LeBlanc's video on his facebook page he is doing just what you are proposing and is looking for volunteers. His facebook page is titled: Oregonians against Initiative Petition 43

For those curious on checking their web page:

Home

It has a "VOLUNTEER" and "Donate" link.

From the FAQ section:

"
Frequently Asked Questions
Will people be forced to surrender their guns?
No. People will be required to register the firearms and magazines described in Initiative 43. The firearms and magazines may also be sold out of state, permanently disabled or given to law enforcement for disposal.

Is this Constitutional?
Yes. Seven other states (HI, CA, NJ, NY, MA, CT, MD) and the District of Columbia already have similar laws banning assault rifles.

Is this divisive or controversial?
No. A Quinnipiac Poll from February 2018 showed that 67% of Americans support an outright ban on the sale of assault rifles.

How will this bill protect Oregonians?
When access to assault weapons is restricted, deaths due to mass shootings decrease. A 2014 study found that "both state and federal assault weapons bans have statistically significant and negative effects on mass shooting fatalities." Everytown for Gun Safety, Assault Weapons Bans on Public Mass Shootings," Applied Economics Letters 22, no. 4 (2014): 281-284.

Their current update tabs reads as follows:

"
Updates On Initiative
May 24, 2018 - 10:30am - There will be a press conference for the Lift Every Voice Oregon Campaign at 10:30 a.m. at Augustana Lutheran Church (corner of NE Knott and NE 15th St.), Portland Oregon. Interfaith leaders of the IP 43 Campaign will be joined by others to offer statements on Santa Fe and Thurston high schools, comments on the IP 43 Revised Ballot Title, and key announcements about statewide campaign developments, training and an ever-expanding network of support. A training session will follow for those interested in circulating IP 43 when it is available.

The push for 88,184 signatures will not begin until we have cleared any court challenges to the Ballot Title. We will keep you posted to let you know when those petitions will be available.

May 23, 2018 - The Attorney General issued the Ballot Title.

April 17, 2018 - The Secretary of State certified the signatures submitted and sent IP 43 to the Attorney General for drafting of the Ballot Title.

March 26, 2018 - The three Petitioners and a large group of students, clergy and people of good delivered 3,443 signatures to the Secretary of States Office, riding together in a yellow "Student First" school bus. The signature sheets were reviewed and verified for valid signatures. Though only 1000 are needed to send the matter to the Attorney General's office for drafting of the Ballot Title, up to 2000 can be accepted in support of the Initiative at this stage.

March 24, 2018 - Signatures were gathered at the March for Our Lives near Pioneer Courthouse Square.

March 22, 2018 - The Prospective Initiative was filed.
"

You can also contact them directly at the site.

Just passing this along for those who plan to monitor.

lying sacks of crap

"Yes. Seven other states (HI, CA, NJ, NY, MA, CT, MD) and the District of Columbia already have similar laws banning assault rifles."

Um no, HI has not banned assault rifles per their definition.
random Honolulu gun store website:
Long Guns

we have stupid laws here, but not even this level of stupid.

Another form of tracking these events.

I do not know how many of you are aware of an application called "Periscope" which is a media platform that allows users to broadcast what they are currently doing in real time. Used this a few times during a lot of the protests and small riots we had beginning the 2016 election cycle around the globe.

For those without a smartphone or not on wifi

Watch LIVE

You can search by area on the website and see whats going on.

9 times out of 10 there is always a few live feeds going on so you can scope the event from a comfy distance.
The mobile app will allow you to pick from regions with a type of google maps layout.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top