JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just walk up to the alleged signature gatherers wearing a fedora and skinny jeans sipping a chai latte so they dont think you are an individual liberty kinda guy with your phone in your pocket on record or in your hand like you just were texting when you walked up and start asking questions be like oh whats this all about

They don't need the official signature form to collect signatures. Don't think for a minute that these bottom feeders wouldn't be out getting names and addresses ahead of time then filling out and signing the official forms themselves. I'd hazard a guess that the SoS' office puts more emphasis and making sure the individual is a registered voter and not analyzing the hand writing. I know my signature on the voters registration card I signed 36 years ago looks a damn sight different than it does now. Put nothing past these people....nothing!

They don't need the official signature form to collect signatures. Don't think for a minute that these bottom feeders wouldn't be out getting names and addresses ahead of time then filling out and signing the official forms themselves. I'd hazard a guess that the SoS' office puts more emphasis and making sure the individual is a registered voter and not analyzing the hand writing. I know my signature on the voters registration card I signed 36 years ago looks a damn sight different than it does now. Put nothing past these people....nothing!

The hallmark of the left is that the ends justify the means. True believers won't bat an eye about gaming the system to get something they believe in.

Are you certain about that?

This is right from the official manual:

Approval to Circulate ORS 250.045 and 250.052

After receiving the final ballot title, the Elections Division provides chief petitioners official templates that must be used to prepare cover and signature sheets for circulation.

Also:

Official Template Requirements ORS 250.045 and 250.052

Chief petitioners must use official templates to collect signatures.

Official templates include:

a cover sheet which contains chief petitioner's names and residence addresses as well as, for an initiative, this includes the final ballot title, and for a referendum, the final measure summary from the last engrossed version of the bill;

a multiple-line signature sheet, which requires the circulator to complete the certification, may have up to twenty signature lines, although ten lines expedites the verification process; and

a ten line signature sheet, which requires the circulator to complete the certification; and  an e-sheet, which has space for one voter to sign and does not require a circulator certification be completed;

Circulators are prohibited from using the e-sheet to gather signatures on any petition.

Link to the manual: http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/stateIR.pdf

Because the SOS has not issued a "final ballot title" nor issued the "official template" due to the appeal to the Oregon Supreme Court, there is no way for anyone to legally collect signatures at this time. Even the folks behind this ballot measure have stated as much on their own website. If anyone is attempting to collect signatures at this time, they are breaking the law.

Just walk up to the alleged signature gatherers wearing a fedora and skinny jeans sipping a chai latte so they dont think you are an individual liberty kinda guy with your phone in your pocket on record or in your hand like you just were texting when you walked up and start asking questions be like oh whats this all about

Exactly right. Engage in conversation with leading statements to get them to incriminate themselves like "right on, man! I thought this was still tied up in the title process?". If that fails, whip out the phone on video and inform them the true status and record the cockroaches scurry off.

Are you certain about that?

This is right from the official manual:

Approval to Circulate ORS 250.045 and 250.052

After receiving the final ballot title, the Elections Division provides chief petitioners official templates that must be used to prepare cover and signature sheets for circulation.

Also:

Official Template Requirements ORS 250.045 and 250.052

Chief petitioners must use official templates to collect signatures.

Official templates include:

a cover sheet which contains chief petitioner's names and residence addresses as well as, for an initiative, this includes the final ballot title, and for a referendum, the final measure summary from the last engrossed version of the bill;

a multiple-line signature sheet, which requires the circulator to complete the certification, may have up to twenty signature lines, although ten lines expedites the verification process; and

a ten line signature sheet, which requires the circulator to complete the certification; and  an e-sheet, which has space for one voter to sign and does not require a circulator certification be completed;

Circulators are prohibited from using the e-sheet to gather signatures on any petition.

Link to the manual: http://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Documents/stateIR.pdf

Because the SOS has not issued a "final ballot title" nor issued the "official template" due to the appeal to the Oregon Supreme Court, there is no way for anyone to legally collect signatures at this time. Even the folks behind this ballot measure have stated as much on their own website. If anyone is attempting to collect signatures at this time, they are breaking the law.

You've missed my point. They could be out with an "official looking" form and get the voter information from someone less informed to the current status of IP 43. With information already in hand, once the official forms have been released then the information gathered ahead of time would be transferred to the official form for submission to the SoS' office. This would give the signature gatherers a pretty good head start. Again put nothing past these people.... nothing!

You've missed my point. They could be out with an "official looking" form and get the voter information from someone less informed to the current status of IP 43. With information already in hand, once the official forms have been released then the information gathered ahead of time would be transferred to the official form for submission to the SoS' office. This would give the signature gatherers a pretty good head start. Again put nothing past these people.... nothing!

I get that. But if they are gathering signatures, they are breaking the law and we need to make sure they're caught doing it. If this law were to pass, they would expect us to follow it, so we need to expect the same of them. If they are using a phony form, they are committing fraud. If I see someone doing this, I will do what I can to document and report it.

Whats scary about this is these type of people believe they are held to different standards then us because they are absolutely convinced that they are doing what is moral.

This is the most terrifying part of that type of mentality. Its what happened in russia during the bolshevik revolution, you had communists go around telling poor farmers "hey, see your neighbor over there, the one doing so well? yeah well he stole all that from you, hes keeping you down. But you can go over there and steal his bubblegum and violate his daughters by force and not only will we allow you to do it, but you will be doing it from a place of morality"

Anyone with a personality type that gravitates to far left political beliefs is gonna jump on that bandwagon so fast.

Thats what happens when your convinced your ideology is the only moral way, you can justify anything. Not following the law to the letter? pfft least of their concerns, they know the media will probably make them out to be the victim if they were caught breaking it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top