JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure where you're getting confused - when you release the trigger it fires again. So one pressure and two shots, Oregon MG. I don't like it but it's pretty basic reading comprehension.
Single pressure fires one shot. Single release fires one shot. Second shot is not automatic and can be interrupted. No case law. Opine away.

I'm not sure where you're getting confused - when you release the trigger it fires again. So one pressure and two shots, Oregon MG. I don't like it but it's pretty basic reading comprehension.

You're reading more into the law than what is says.

A single pressure (the pull) on the trigger only fires one shot. The rule does not address the second action (release of that pressure).

E

Good luck.

Do you have an understanding of how the law works? You might read it one way as in it says single pressure and it fires two shots and I see that there are two distinct actions required to fire two shots. Your opinion vs my opinion.

I'm shooting at a range in Oregon ( yeah, like thats going to happen ) blasting away with my binary trigger. The OSP guy next to me hauls me in for having a illegal machine gun. I go to court with the absolute worst attorney on the planet and the judge dismsses the case because (a). The law is not clear on the subject and he doesnt feel like making case law and (b). any other interpretation of the law would be in contradiction of federal law. There is no case law or precedent saying that another judge in a similar case came to any finding.

Last Edited:
Except it shoots upon pulling and firing on release, two separate actions.

There is no case law in Oregon that contradicts federal law on the subject either so... Have fun with that.

I'm not a lawyer, but yeah. What you're describing could happen except for the part where a judge wouldn't want to make case law. They love doing that, so the otherwise innocent plaintiff could be screwed. That's why I said good luck :)

Judges dont like cases where they are put on the hot seat for questionable decisions with no precedent. You could be screwed doing anything but in this case its real hard to see how two actions of firing a gun is construed as one.

Judges dont like cases where they are put on the hot seat for questionable decisions with no precedent.

What is this supposed hot seat? Ask Michael Strickland's judge whether anybody held him accountable. It doesn't happen.

You could be screwed doing anything but in this case its real hard to see how two actions of firing a gun is construed as one.

One pressure, two shots. It's the simple way to read the statute. Maybe a lawyer could/would parse it out differently but you're just being obtuse if you claim you don't "see how" it could be argued.

It only shoots one round upon pressing the trigger, not two. The release is a different function entirely. A release trigger is nothing new, the only difference is binary triggers fire upon press, then upon release. Both of which are separate functions. Until Oregon has a case law that contradicts federal law/ATF, that's the way it goes.

What is this supposed hot seat? Ask Michael Strickland's judge whether anybody held him accountable. It doesn't happen.

One pressure, two shots. It's the simple way to read the statute. Maybe a lawyer could/would parse it out differently but you're just being obtuse if you claim you don't "see how" it could be argued.
And you are being obtuse if you can't see the validity of one shot fired and one shot is fired on release ie two separate actions that are not automatic and can be interrupted by the shooter.

if you can't see the validity of one shot fired and one shot is fired on release ie two separate actions that are not automatic and can be interrupted by the shooter.

My point is that you never know how it'll be interpreted in your scenario where johnny law decides to arrest you based on the simple reading.

Sigh. Oregon can and has enacted law with different wording that may or may not be relevant. Either way the question is purely on Oregon law.
It can use a law with different wording, said law is not contradicting federal law. So until there is a case that does in fact contradict federal law, federal law does in fact come into play.

Regarding firearms, if it isn't contradicting federal law or is not covering something the federal law does cover, federal law is in play.

When you release the trigger it can fire again it does't have to. Its not automatic. When you press the trigger one shot is fired. When you release the trigger another shot is fired. Pressing the trigger is a separate action from releasing the trigger.

My advice is that if you think them illegal.....don't buy one. Just spare me the lecture and let me worry about my own well being.

E

My advice is that if you think them illegal.....don't buy one. Just spare me the lecture and let me worry about my own well being.

E
Nyet, shouldn't own one. In fact, you shouldn't own any of those deadly PTRs, should send em my way for proper disposal, I'll even pay for shipping. ;):rolleyes: Didn't you get one of those triggers for a PTR? Still working out for ya?

Nyet, shouldn't own one. In fact, you shouldn't own any of those deadly PTRs, should send em my way for proper disposal, I'll even pay for shipping. ;):rolleyes: Didn't you get one of those triggers for a PTR? Still working out for ya?

I did get one. It currently lives in a MP5 clone. Much cheaper than a 7.62.

Coincidentally.........its actually a warranty replacement. The first one was one of the first batch to be sent out. It developed a bad habit of burst firing in semi auto mode. I immediately sent it back to Franklin with a letter of explanation.

I don't think they initially believed me. I got a phone call asking some rather basic questions about the function of the trigger. I finally got a little frustrated and told them "just put it in one of your guns and try it".

Two days later I had a new trigger in hand.

E

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads