JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Placed an order from Optics Planet for a Binary Trigger system to be shipped to Oregon. It is the Franklin Armory Binary Firing System III Trigger for most AR Platforms 5550. They removed the trigger system from my order and stated it is not allowed to be shipped to Oregon.

I called their customer service, but she could not tell me why. She asked that I email them, so I have with no response. I called Franklin Armory and they did not know why they could not ship to Oregon as the closest state on their restricted list is Washington.

Anyone heard anything about this?

We have experienced personal success ordering and receiving optical stuff from Optics Planet. If this is in fact their new policy then we will NOT be ordering from them again ever ever. :(

Let plan old Capitalism sort it out.

Sometimes the vendor isn't the one making these decisions, guys. If the AG in a particular state sends a cease and desist or opinion letter to the company, that is frequently enough to quell sales to that locale. Even BATF would put a stop on Title 2 approvals based on local laws being vetted through the legal system or legislative chambers. It's easy to pick a target but sometimes the vendor has little flexibility and say here.

That's why we need to hear the details from the O.P. on what ever response he receives! This happend in Colorado when the Mag ban first hit, we had 90 days before compliance, but many vendors and suppliers stopped shipping before the 90 days grace period, which eaned them law suits, including Mag-Pul, who ultimatly left the State and refused to do business with State agencies! Unlike other businesses, Mag-Pul gave out free mags to any citizen who wished them, and offerd conversion kits for free at first, and later at $2.50 each forward! :)

Sometimes the vendor isn't the one making these decisions, guys. If the AG in a particular state sends a cease and desist or opinion letter to the company, that is frequently enough to quell sales to that locale. Even BATF would put a stop on Title 2 approvals based on local laws being vetted through the legal system or legislative chambers. It's easy to pick a target but sometimes the vendor has little flexibility and say here.

Franklin Armory still ships here to Oregon. I would think that if the state AG wished to stop shipments to Oregon, the manufacturer would be at the top of that list to notify.

General question I have to ask.....Is Optics Planet halting shipment to all states for binary triggers or just Oregon?

I believe they have halted sales of all magazines over 10 rounds due to entanglements with Illinois law (they are based in Illinois). Is this a similar scenario?

E

Last Edited:
Franklin Armory still ships here to Oregon. I would think that if the state AG wished to stop shipments to Oregon, the manufacturer would be at the top of that list to notify.

General question I have to ask.....Is Optics Planet halting shipment to all states for binary triggers or just Oregon?

I believe they have halted sales of all magazines over 10 rounds due to entanglements with Illinois law (they are based in Illinois). Is this a similar scenario?

E

Other than the ITAR Product restrictions, there are no listed restrictions for sales on their website for the binary trigger.

Placed an order from Optics Planet for a Binary Trigger system to be shipped to Oregon. It is the Franklin Armory Binary Firing System III Trigger for most AR Platforms 5550. They removed the trigger system from my order and stated it is not allowed to be shipped to Oregon.

I called their customer service, but she could not tell me why. She asked that I email them, so I have with no response. I called Franklin Armory and they did not know why they could not ship to Oregon as the closest state on their restricted list is Washington.

Anyone heard anything about this?

You want one? I'll order and ship it to ya;)

If you've not used one they work pretty great. Quality stuff, drops in and makes for fun double or triple taps.

Their county has the restriction, but not the city. Due to the way Illinois law works, they go by city law not county law.

Guys, not all of Illinois has those silly restriction...

You want one? I'll order and ship it to ya;)

If you've not used one they work pretty great. Quality stuff, drops in and makes for fun double or triple taps.

I was able to find one for only $5.00 more than the Optics Planet price with their 11% off coupon.

I have one already. Was going to drop one into an AR-10 build. I think they are great fun.

Something to do with "one shot per pull of the trigger"

Does both bangs happen on a pull or does one happen on a release....

Just saying..

When set to the Semi position it fires like any other trigger. When set to the binary position it fires both when pulled and released.

?? I'm curious what this kind of trigger does for people? I guess I, in my limited years as an enthusiast, don't get the "Blast off as many rounds as fast as I can" mentality? And at $429.00 at that! Stuff like this and the bump stock are just more fodder for the anti's to get all up in our business about.

It is to compensate for the lack of machine guns as not all of us can afford one.

Though after shooting an AK full auto a few times, I'm good on wanting to do that, cost adds up.

?? I'm curious what this kind of trigger does for people? I guess I, in my limited years as an enthusiast, don't get the "Blast off as many rounds as fast as I can" mentality? And at $429.00 at that! Stuff like this and the bump stock are just more fodder for the anti's to get all up in our business about.

They bill it as a way to get faster double taps in competition and like B clown mentioned as a way to experience "full auto" like fire for those that can't afford a NFA type weapon or aren't allowed one in their state. If you don't see the usefulness of such a trigger or weapon, then by all means don't buy one. But for those of us that can afford and want to enjoy it we have every right to do so. I don't care for the bump fire stocks-I'm much more accurate with this kind of trigger or by firing 3 round bursts in one of my FA's, but I support fully the right for anyone to own one. The anti's can muster on buster..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top