JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
?? I'm curious what this kind of trigger does for people? I guess I, in my limited years as an enthusiast, don't get the "Blast off as many rounds as fast as I can" mentality? And at $429.00 at that! Stuff like this and the bump stock are just more fodder for the anti's to get all up in our business about.

Then don't buy one.

FWIW if you do decide you just want to have fun and support the 2nd amendment without judging someone elses right to do whatever they want with their toys/tools as long as they are not harming someone else don't install one on a blowback 9mm AR. They run faster than your finger allows as in about 10 rounds per second until the mag is empty.

They bill it as a way to get faster double taps in competition and like B clown mentioned as a way to experience "full auto" like fire for those that can't afford a NFA type weapon or aren't allowed one in their state. If you don't see the usefulness of such a trigger or weapon, then by all means don't buy one. But for those of us that can afford and want to enjoy it we have every right to do so. I don't care for the bump fire stocks-I'm much more accurate with this kind of trigger or by firing 3 round bursts in one of my FA's, but I support fully the right for anyone to own one. The anti's can muster on buster..

I get that.

Then don't buy one.

I don't see me doing that.

It doesn't change the fact that it's fuel anti's though. That's all I was saying.

I have ordered from Optics Planet over the years but I stopped since the boxes shipped from them had Optics Planet logos all over the box. Not sure if those boxes are the same anymore or not.

Something to do with "one shot per pull of the trigger"

This, Oregon law prohibits machine guns unless they're federally registered. These triggers fall afoul of Oregon's slightly different definition of "machine gun". Since the feds don't consider them MGs there's no way to register them, thus you can't legally possess them in Oregon.

The Oregon definition is more clear cut than the vague Washington definition of a machinegun.

In Oregon ... "Machine gun" means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device.

Until case law is established though we can all opine away. I still think even a bad lawyer would have a field day with that.

***Update***

I still have not received a response from Optics Planet. However they have added a new disclaimer to their binary trigger page. Here is a section of the disclaimer:

"
U.S. Federal, State and Local Laws / Regulations and Product Restrictions

OpticsPlanet offers several items that are restricted for sale in the United States of America by federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations. Sale of these restricted items may be limited to United States Military, Law Enforcement, Correctional Facility Personnel, Security Guards, Peace Officers, and various other authorized users.

OpticsPlanet makes its best effort to ensure that it remains current on all laws and regulations as applicable. Please be aware that United States federal, state, and/or local laws and regulations are complex and are subject to change. Therefore, any summaries of such laws and regulations provided by OpticsPlanet at any time can never and will never serve as legal advice or counseling in any way. If you have any questions about any law or regulation, OpticsPlanet advises you to consult with an attorney who will represent your interests. It is ultimately the Customer's responsibility to investigate and ensure that any item is legal to use, carry, possess, purchase and/or own within the Customer's intended federal, state and/or local area."

Not sure if this means they will ship to Oregon now or not. If I ever receive an email response I will post an update here.

It tells me that I don't need to spend any money with OpticsPlanet.
Not that I really did anyway. I get that they can't ship to places where their product(s) are banned, but in this case where they aren't seems like they are just caving to pressure.

This, Oregon law prohibits machine guns unless they're federally registered. These triggers fall afoul of Oregon's slightly different definition of "machine gun". Since the feds don't consider them MGs there's no way to register them, thus you can't legally possess them in Oregon.

Franklin used to not ship to Oregon but supposedly reached out to state officials and got the OK to sell their triggers here. Oregon law is clearly targeted at machine guns, regardless of the word smithing that some try to apply.

E

Franklin used to not ship to Oregon but supposedly reached out to state officials and got the OK to sell their triggers here. Oregon law is clearly targeted at machine guns, regardless of the word smithing that some try to apply.

E
Internet prosecutors are certainly alive and well on gun forums.

Internet prosecutors are certainly alive and well on gun forums.

I'm not sure why there is any confusion. Oregon law says "two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device."

You can continue to pull (pressure) on a binary trigger until the sun goes down and it will never fire that magical second shot that would make it a machine gun.

E

I'm not sure why there is any confusion. Oregon law says "two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device."

You can continue to pull (pressure) on a binary trigger until the sun goes down and it will never fire that magical second shot that would make it a machine gun.

E

I agree with you.

I'm not sure where you're getting confused - when you release the trigger it fires again. So one pressure and two shots, Oregon MG. I don't like it but it's pretty basic reading comprehension.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top