JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is exactly what I got. Thinking of an oxide bushing just to make it dark. Also the spring cap is plastic (EWWWWWWwww)

Still I really love it... if I can only get the take down pin/slide release to seat it back in. Don't fancy another trip out to @Velzey

Double Like.
like_icon_cg1p57619486c_th_zpsrneat9uw.jpg

I clearly need more 1911's. Only have the Para P14.45 right now. I miss my Ruger SR1911, really a fantastic gun, never should have sold it. I do fancy the R1 as well as the newer S&W models too. Nice thing is there are a number of decent manufacturers making good 1911's that don't cost $1K+

I clearly need more 1911's. Only have the Para P14.45 right now. I miss my Ruger SR1911, really a fantastic gun, never should have sold it. I do fancy the R1 as well as the newer S&W models too. Nice thing is there are a number of decent manufacturers making good 1911's that don't cost $1K+

Sure as hell is. This last election was great for gun buyers of all stripes. I am seeing NICE 1911's at prices less than I paid for my last one that I bought over 10 years ago. Some of these new ones by Rem are a great example of that. Scary good prices.

I have the stainless R1 and love it except for the side to side slop in the trigger. I'm sure the enhanced model is better in that area and there may very well be a simple trigger adjustment for the standard R1 to improve this.

Toying with the idea of getting one. Does anyone have an opinion?

I bought the r1 enhanced not long after they came out. A dealer cut the price so low because everyone wanted a kimber and he just wanted it gone so I jumped. I LOVE that pistol. I have 2 sig's, a Ruger, a dsert eagle, the Remmy, and a Colt CQBP and only the colt is better. I tried a friends high $ Kimber and his S&W and still liked my Remmy better. He also like the R1 better than his 2 higher $ options.

It shot pretty well. Four magazines at 25 yards. It wants the front sight to sit on the target mostly. Shoots 4" to the left.

Will check on sights tomorrow.

Nice push recoil. No snap.

Shot reloads with five grains of bull's-eye under 230 grain round nose.

One failure to feed, but these are reloads and there's no crimp.might have to start adding those.

I'm as happy as a little girl. Even though this validated my man card pretty heavily

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews