JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Toying with the idea of getting one. Does anyone have an opinion?

Have not shot one yet but since few have ever made a 1911 I don't like they always catch my eye at the shop. LGS has them running from just over 5 bills to over 1K depending on model. I have yet to read of anyone unhappy with one and I sure like the way they look. Which model are you looking at? Given what my current favorite manufacture, Springfield recently did if I was looking to add another these would be at the top of the list.

Im not sure if still on sale but fishermans marine had them on sale for memorial day for 399. Almost picked up one for that price. For the money, they are very good. If you want a basic, solid 1911 then the r1 is your platform. Yes, you can upgrade it too of course. For me, I find myself always wanting to uograde things so I ended up with an enhanced model and am not looking back. Ive owned both and will say they are well made, quality pistols.:cool:

I have found no difference in accuracy, function, dependability, fit and/or finish with the Remington than any of my Kimber's, Springfield's, Colt's, or Ruger's in the $1000 or less price range.

I am absolutely loving my R1S Enhanced. The only thing I've done to it is replace the grips with some that have less aggressive checkering (like none). The trigger is very nice, the fit and finish are very good, and the whole thing is smooth and tight. I'd buy one again.

GunInv2016-1911-4.jpg

Have not shot one yet but since few have ever made a 1911 I don't like they always catch my eye at the shop. LGS has them running from just over 5 bills to over 1K depending on model. I have yet to read of anyone unhappy with one and I sure like the way they look. Which model are you looking at? Given what my current favorite manufacture, Springfield recently did if I was looking to add another these would be at the top of the list.
LOL, I had a Rock Island Armory 1911 that I bought new for about $400 out the door. Great gun, ran flawlessly and had a really nice trigger. Probably the best trigger to dollar ratio I've seen so far.

IMG_3663.JPG I picked mine up a couple years ago when they offered the same deal at Sportman's Warehouse. I don't have another 1911 to compare it to, but I really like it.

I wanted to add a 1911 to my collection and had come down to the Ruger or the Remington. The deal on the Remington with the sale and the rebate seemed to be the heavens opening up and divinely illuminating The R1 as the choice.

Mine runs, feels good in my hand,has a sweet trigger, is very accurate and I like the way it looks, really nice fit and finish.

Even "Mr 1911's suck" himself liked the Remington R1. He bought one and did a video series on it. He wanted to hate it and couldn't. He conceded it was a nice shooting, accurate, reliable fighting pistol. He upgraded the beaver tail and grip safety, thumb safety and hammer with Wilson combat parts because he was getting hammer bit. Upgrades....it's just what you do when you have a gun channel with that many sponsors. At that price point, you can throw a few upgrades at it if you want and still be under price point.

Last Edited:
i'll admit... i never thought id own a 1911 after already having a glock, cz, a few rugers and an m&p. i am SUPER excited for tomorrow when my FFL gets my 1911 in.

next on my list is the suppressor ready cz p10c

then i'll hopefully start buying wheel guns

I love the trigger from what I can tell at Sportsman's. I want to get as close to a WWI 1911 as I can and this one looks pretty close from a non-expert.

I have a XDM 45 and I don't really need two, but thinking of it... Glad to know everyone seems to like them.

Wheelguns? Get your own bubblegummin' thread!!! ;-)

My daughter's name is Remington. So I've wanted to buy a 1911 R1 Enhanced for that reason. Never been much of a 1911 guy, but I still want one.
To go with the Remington 700 and Remington 12ga of course.

They are pretty nice, I like the rugers more but I owned one and it was a fine weapon.

Remington Rand was a typewriter company, completely separate from Remington the gun maker, that last 1911 Remington made was during WW1.

I had a Remington R1 Enhanced and a Kimber Custom II. I like the Remington much more, so much so that I went ahead and sold the Kimber. I am very happy with the Remington. I do not know how much different the Enhanced is from the regular, probably not a bunch. I know the Enhanced has an adjustable trigger.

LOL, I had a Rock Island Armory 1911 that I bought new for about $400 out the door. Great gun, ran flawlessly and had a really nice trigger. Probably the best trigger to dollar ratio I've seen so far.

Other than worn out\ beat to crap the only 1911 I can think of in recent decades that made me turn my nose up was the original Charles Daly. Spotted one in the 1911 Case one day with a price tag that stopped me in my tracks. When the guy handed it to me it felt like some old cap guns I had as a kid. Now a short time later the company hired some people who knew what they were doing and started cranking out some very nice 1911's for a nice price.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top