JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
However if the majority of normal citizens were to start open carrying; it would be normalized. People need to realize that just because someone is carrying a firearm, it doesn't make them a criminal or psychopath.

True, but then if I do not know you (and in some cases if I do know you) I'm to trust you are one of the 'Normal ones' ? Hmmm the reason I carry a gun is because if I do not know you, I do not trust you. I am prepared to defend myself against a lethal threat. Everyone I see with a firearm I would view as a lethal threat. To view otherwise strikes me as rather foolish, and could get you killed.

They have to ask you to leave, and if you don't, it's considered armed trespass...

That exists, Hook686...

Also, I have no fear of someone peacably conducting business, whether they have a visible firearm on their person or not. I've seen it a few times, though it isn't that normal, in my town. Even when I was much younger, I never had fear of them. The people I walk past every day could just as easily be concealing a weapon. I don't fear every single person I walk by, why fear the ones openly presenting arms? To me, they're less intimidating than those I can tell are concealing. I know that if I were to try to rob a business, I'd conceal my weapon and draw it when I get to the register; as opposed to openly walking in with a rifle on my back, or in a holster on my hip, because given our media demonization of firearms and open carriers in specific, that instills fear and suspicion.

I carry because I feel I have a right to protect myself and a duty to protect my loved ones and the American citizenry. In the event of an active shooter, robbery, or other circumstance, I wish to be able to neutralize the threat and help those that are injured. It's not because I have an inherent distrust of everyone I walk past, but that I understand there are lemons in the herd and these 'lemons' will commit heinous acts.

The logic of being fearful of open carriers escapes me. With their logic of "a firearm is scary and intimidating and I feel threatened", shouldn't they be terrified of everyone they walk past? How do they know for certain that that person they just walked past isn't concealing a handgun, SBR, SBS, etc? How do they know every cop or military official they walk past isn't suffering from some undiagnosed mental illness and are about to fly off the handle and start capping civilians? They don't. But they aren't afraid of them; only the normal looking men and women with holstered handguns and over-slung rifles.

It astounds me.

Last Edited:
I mind my own business out in public. To assume that I might teach anything to an infinite array of total strangers (perhaps with a few nut jobs in the mix) is naive. That's just one reason I don't feel any urge to advertize that I'm armed.

So based on the picture posted, if the guy on the left came through the door carrying the rifle like that, and I was having lunch and seen him come through the door and took him out, would I be wrong??

We dont live in a war-zone, were not being invaded.... i have news, carrying rifles to the store will never be considered normal.

So based on the picture posted, if the guy on the left came through the door carrying the rifle like that, and I was having lunch and seen him come through the door and took him out, would I be wrong??
o_O
I've seen posts like this elsewhere. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the demanding moms, would you?

o_O
I've seen posts like this elsewhere. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the demanding moms, would you?
I don't always like being at the shooting pit with folks I don't know that have guns.
I don't know how careful they are with guns.Do they have good control and not sweeping anybody?
Was the AR a billy bob build or was that rem 700 turned in for the recall?

Too many variables and people to act like this.

Walt_meets_Gus_Mandala.png
Was that Gus Fring in that photo with the Armed protesters? NO, Gus wouldn't allow that stuff in his fast food joint!

I don't always like being at the shooting pit with folks I don't know that have guns.
I don't know how careful they are with guns.Do they have good control and not sweeping anybody?
Was the AR a billy bob build or was that rem 700 turned in for the recall?

Too many variables and people to act like this.
Do you consider taking those people out?

Do you consider taking those people out?
I would keep in mind the saying of be polite to everyone but have a plan to kill them.
I wouldn't feel safe and would probably leave if some wannabees came thru a FF place with their rifles slung in the front like that.

Are you just trying to be provocative by asking that question?

I would keep in mind the saying of be polite to everyone but have a plan to kill them.
I wouldn't feel safe and would probably leave if some wannabees came thru a FF place with their rifles slung in the front like that.

Are you just trying to be provocative by asking that question?
Sounds like you have given possibilities some thought and use some common sense then.

What is provocative is the question from John H. My question to you was for clarification as you seemed to be answering for him or perhaps defending his words. However you view my comment to him I have seen posts much like his come from any number of gun prohibitionists. Unless his post was meant in jest it shows the same level of thought as the antis, by that I mean very little.

Last Edited:
That's unfortunate but a young man/men suddenly popping up in a FF place with ARs in hand is alarming and won't garner sympathy for their cause.View attachment 84971

Maybe they should protest outside. How about carrying concealed with a T-shirt that says,( I'm still carrying only concealed because the stupid TX law says.............)
This chapter of Open Carry Texas has apparently been disowned by the main state group for not notifying the police and they (the local chapter) have said that they should have notified the police and other interested parties of their demonstration and will notify interested parties in the future.

I have said this before and I will say it again; I support y0ur right to open carry an AR-15 in the mall or in front of a school in the same way that I support your right to parade around in those places wearing nothing but a fuzzy pink jockstrap and a rainbow wig. In the interests of liberty I will defend your right to make either choice even though I find both of them to be socially unacceptable and quite obnoxious.

I don't know how true this is, just passing this along. There might be more information coming concerning this incident.
Today, Open Carry Texas President, CJ Grisham, spoke directly with the head of corporate security for Jack In The Box who spoke personally with the employees at the restaurant in Fort Worth. The TRUTH is that NOT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE of Jack In The Box hid in a freezer nor did a single employee call 911 or the police. The 911 call was made by a couple in the restaurant. We are working to get the 911 call, the police report, and other recordings to find out where this information originated and expose those reporting false information to achieve their anti-gun agendas. Defamation of an organization in this fashion is serious business and we will not allow it to happen unchallenged. Fort Worth Police Department needs to correct their false statements immediately that painted open carry advocates unfairly in the media.
https://www.facebook.com/OpenCarryTexas/posts/685811058132184

What is provocative is the question from John H. My question to you was for clarification as you seemed to be answering for him or perhaps defending his words. However you view my comment to him I have seen posts much like his come from any number of gun prohibitionists. Unless his post was meant in jest it shows the same level of thought as the antis, by that I mean very little.

What the hell are you talking about??

My question was serious . If you are not man enough to handle it, that is OK.

(emphasis mine)
I would argue no.
There is a difference between carrying a rifle and carrying a rifle combat ready as if condition red.
(Referring to the photo in post #13).

What the hell are you talking about??

My question was serious . If you are not man enough to handle it, that is OK.
If what you meant was more along the lines of what mjbskwim said
no problem.
What you did say...
looks more like the drivel spewed by Bliss Ninnies
It would have been ironic if one of the fast food workers had a shotgun under the counter and opened up on the gun advocates. I wonder if you can still advocate the ownership of guns when you have your head blown off?
The gun toting IDIOTS were fortunate that one or more employees weren't armed and started shooting. Oh well, it's cowboy time in Texas, nuff said.
shot them then use a stand your ground law to defend yourself. I own guns but in no way support loser #$%$ like these tools.
they might not be the brightest but having thugs marching in with rifles is a bit extreme, I would have shot them 1st then asked questions.
How were the workers supposed to KNOW these morons were "harmless?" This is, plain and simple, idiocy. By the "logic" you profess, the workers would have been within their rights to gun them down.
Say another patron of the Jack in the box "stood his ground"? How should the courts sort that one out?
I hope this group of clowns runs into another similar group, and they both freak out and shoot each other. That would be HILARIOUS!!!
"he threatened me with that big gun" I stood my ground..
Armed restaurant clerks would have had a perfect case for a Stand Your Ground defense, and we'd be rid of six bubba's
These are just a few of the comments from the linked articles in this thread. I have seen comments matching your words almost verbatim from Bliss Ninny hoplophobic gun prohibitionists in any number of other places.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top