JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I just went through the Washington laws,looking for knife and blade restrictions and all I could find is a couple things on 3 1/2 blades and college campuses.
And some on concealment.

It looks like you shouldn't try to conceal any knife over 3 1/2 inches?
Only found that 1 place.
Nothing real defining about knives though

WAC 516-23-380: Explosives and weapons prohibited from campus.
(4) Swords, knives (other than small closed-blade, three and one-half inch pocket knives or smaller or kitchen utensils); (5) Martial art weapons;
WAC 516-23-380: Explosives and weapons prohibited from campus.

RCW 9.41.270
Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm — Unlawful carrying or handling — Penalty — Exceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.

(2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her concealed pistol license, if any. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.

(3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:

(a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;

(b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve public safety, maintain public order, or to make arrests for offenses, while in the performance of such duty;

(c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person;

(d) Any person making or assisting in making a lawful arrest for the commission of a felony; or

(e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.

[1994 sp.s. c 7 § 426; 1969 c 8 § 1.]

So other than one piece on blade length in a school,and a few dirks and daggers,we're good to go around here.

I carry a "dirk" style strider mv open carry most days and sometimes dangling out of my cargo pocket, Ive walked pass a handful of mall security guards this holiday season, and I've never been asked, I did a practical rifle match with a washington county sheriff deputy and he didn't say anything about it when it was strapped up to my thigh rig...maybe dumb luck? but I'm not the type of person that wears a pimp hat and shiny pants walking around with a dagger, just normal t-shirt and jeans with a dagger...maybe its the appearance???

I carry my Spiderco police clipped in my pocket, the top portion and clip is clearly visible. I've never been hassled, ever. Most states say any knife over a certain length cannot be concealed as mjbskwim's post pointed out. I figure as long as your not wearing a big fixed blade like a K-Bar, no one will pay any attention.

I carry my Spiderco police clipped in my pocket, the top portion and clip is clearly visible. I've never been hassled, ever. Most states say any knife over a certain length cannot be concealed as mjbskwim's post pointed out. I figure as long as your not wearing a big fixed blade like a K-Bar, no one will pay any attention.

I have heard of guys carrying a big "Rambo" knife and cops taking them down,literally.
I guess the guy just had the bottom half of it showing,and that was a no,no.Needed the whole thing showing (been a while)

Kinda like OC a gun,if the cop needs a battle he'll harass you

I have heard of guys carrying a big "Rambo" knife and cops taking them down,literally.
I guess the guy just had the bottom half of it showing,and that was a no,no.Needed the whole thing showing (been a while)

Kinda like OC a gun,if the cop needs a battle he'll harass you

I hear ya. Some cops are great and others are always looking for a fight. If you want to carry a big pig sticker, I say save it for hunting or camping. No need to walk around trying to frighten the cattle. Big boys don't need to show how tough they are. ;):s0112:

HaHaHa yeah.
I feel the same about open carrying a handgun.I don't really need anybody targeting me because I carry.
Heck,I skeered the guy at the phone store when I pulled my folder out to open a package :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top