JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw these on sale at midway for $29.99. Seems cheap for this knife.

A really silly/stupid? video but does show how much of a beating it can take. Suggest skipping around if you watch it otherwise it's repetitive and too long (imo).

I own a few. They come arm hair shaving sharp out of the box. The holster (if that is what you call it) retains the knife with a solid "click." It doesn't use the button/snap over the hilt that some do (I don't like that style) And can be fastened to other things.

It's definitely long enough to penetrate if that is what you are thinking.

Handle is a tad skinny for my grip, but everyone's hands are different.

The SRK is another $5 , same steel and more versatile blade

I see they have cold steel 17.5" throwing tomahawk on sale for $24 too. These things would not be tempting if they weren't so darn cheap.

GEEZ you two…. SQUIRREL!!

Fattening the handle is easy; making it thinner, on the other hand , is not
Wait… are you talking about wives or knives?

I carried the Recon Tanto on my backpack for years. I think it's a great, rock solid knife for chopping brush, prying and even cutting meat or veggies if you don't need them sliced thinly, It's also easy to sharpen. It's $38 now at Midway but I really don't need another. After 25 + years mine is still good.

When the price is too cheap, I'm convinced it's not good. Phycology, I suppose. I've had enough inexpensive cruddy knives to be untrusting

Exactly mine in the 90's was about $80 and that was spendy at that time the new ones are probably made with inferior materials !
I got a SAR that was mentioned on NWFA at this sort of low price that used to be about $80. I regret it. Its not sufficient to say the knife was dull. It comes closer to saying it has no edge, and the edge needed to be constructed by the buyer. I spent a good bit of time working on it but gave up. Its still an hour or two away from having an edge actually useful for cutting anything. Not worth my time to try to turn this piece of metal into an actual knife.

I have bought a Trailblazer and four other fixed blade CS knives as well as a couple of big 6" folders direct from Cold Steel in the past. They all arrived with fully formed sharp edges. In the future I'd be reluctant to buy from Cold Steel sight unseen. I can maintain the edge if it is designed and constructed and first sharpened by CS. Designing and constructing the edge myself is more than I'm up for. Maybe these cheaper Taiwanese versions are cheaper because the edge is DIY. Or maybe I just got a bad one .

I'm late to this party but that is a pretty good price. I may pick one up!
This is an very old thread so I don't know if that price is still valid. But fwiw I have noticed lots of cold steel products goes on deep sales at various places. Saw a bushman Bowie for under $11 a month or two back (I think I posted that on helrwat deals subforum). I highly recommend bowie bushman for the $12-$15 it costs. That thing has been great.
481222D5-57D7-4081-BA07-F6875AF4E00D.png
From internet used as a spear:
11F03D87-261A-4EE4-AC41-E4F20E843844.jpeg
This is a great handle size for it I've found (pic from internet):
34734FBB-BB4C-4750-94EA-9F0F6D8872A3.jpeg
Some other expired ones fwiw as examples of periodic good sales:
67247CE4-0D02-4BDB-A96C-D78E0875C8C9.png
549AF90B-1E03-4A65-BAAD-EEFA4E9BB689.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR