JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my extremist opinion, I would like to see Terrorists and stuff with weapons too.

Because in my opinon, ALL the civlians should be armed, and trained how to use their weapons to a high degree than Law Enforcement standards.

So yeah, eight retards try shooting up the home depot. But the 20+ employee's and who knows how many civilians can all shoot back. Win! :D

In my extremist opinion, I would like to see Terrorists and stuff with weapons too.

Because in my opinon, ALL the civlians should be armed, and trained how to use their weapons to a high degree than Law Enforcement standards.

So yeah, eight retards try shooting up the home depot. But the 20+ employee's and who knows how many civilians can all shoot back. Win! :D

Well, I think that's a great utopia but the truth of the matter is- you won't get all civilians armed. Then again, you can't get a Home Depot employee to stop a shoplifter (store policy) and you think they will stop terrorists. Not gonna happen. :s0112:

You may be trying to put too fine of a point on things. There are no absolutes.

We can go the other way. Guns are allowed.

If guns are allowed, would you agree that a terrorist or robber should be allowed in the store with a gun?

your point is that if no guns are allowed then NOBODY can carry open in the store.

Terrorists take over the Home Depot, but the cops/FBI/Sheriff cannot go in with guns and take them down?

That is as far to the opposite as I can imagine from your point.

just sayin'..........

Im just sayin that if you have rules they have to be standard. Im all for open carry but in some instances Its just not worth the problems that you have to deal with.

As far as your point of terrorists taking over home depot, well thats "apples to oranges". Are you actually serious on this statement?

Oh, and if "guns were allowed" in the local home depot and a robber came in I would be glad that I OC that particular day.

Well, I do have a CCP I sometimes have large amounts of cash or and most always other valuables on me just my wrist watch alone is worth over a grand. I am always carrying either open on hot days (Want To Be Comfortable) or concealed cooler days.

My bill at LOWES was $1,500 I pay in cash for most everything its just me I hate debit cards and checks.

I do not carry when I am at the bar (law) I do not carry when drinking (safety) I do not carry some other places but when I go to them places I leave all my valuables at home and use my bank card and have little to no cash to loose. "my bank must think I am a drunk and addicted to internet shopping"

Like others have said and I agree its their private property but it would be nice if they had a sign on the door or if they let me stand in line for 5 more min and pay for my items I spent almost 45min shopping for, I feel sorry for the clerk that has to put all that stuff away. If they would have let me pay I would have returned for future shopping but unarmed. By them being rude mongoloids about it they have lost all my future business.

Other good OC experiences in Vancouver,
Petco, Subway, Safeway, Fred Myers, Walmart, Van Mall, Most Convenient Stores, Target, Rite Aid, Bi Mart, Big 5, Lots of places are OC friendly.

------

A Clerk at Safeway on 117th & 76th told me she wished I was in the store when it was robbed and asked about CC and how to get one. I explained how, she was surprised how easy it was and that it is still a right to open carry. about a week later when I took the wife to get her permit guess who we seen getting finger printed that same clerk she should have her permit any day now same app date as the wife.

A few thoughts for you:

Well, I do have a CCP I sometimes have large amounts of cash or and most always other valuables on me just my wrist watch alone is worth over a grand. I am always carrying either open on hot days (Want To Be Comfortable) or concealed cooler days.
I carry concealed regardless of the weather. If it is hot, I wear shorts and carry in a lightweight vest. I can carry almost any size handgun with lots of room left over for all my millions.:s0114:.....Also, have you considered the tactical advantage of concealed carry? If , God forbid, you do meet up with a determined assailant one day.... he now knows that his stategy will need to be, to put you down hard and fast, before you can react with your weapon. That surprise factor of pulling out an unseen piece could mean a different outcome in your favor. The idea that an exposed weapon will stop all attackers is a farse. Ask anyone in the armored truck business, they carry exposed and are hit all the time.

Like others have said and I agree its their private property but it would be nice if they had a sign on the door
Here lies the reason why you see some of the objections to OC. Lets say that in your discussion with Home Depot that you made mention of the need for that sign. Lets say they take you up on the idea. Presto ! We now have another location prohibiting guns. Now, even concealed carriers will need to contend with this when it was never a concealed carry issue ! I hope you see my point here, it's not just you, we all have to deal with the aftermath.

Other good OC experiences in Vancouver, Lots of places are OC friendly.
With the possible exception of a gun store, you might find that those OC friendly locations you mention would react differently when confronted with complaints from other customers (which is I suspect what happened at Home Depot)

A Clerk at Safeway on 117th & 76th told me she wished I was in the store when it was robbed and asked about CC and how to get one.
I hope she doesn't try carrying at work, she will be fired the minute her supervisor finds out.

Quick Questions about OC. ( as im new to the Firearm life) is it only legal to OC a handgun or can i go walking into a store with say my shotgun strapped to my back(would never do that) but my point being. does OC allow all firearms?

With the Government's anti-gun policies and the deluge of anti-gun articles in the American media, some people have heard tons of this kind of rhetoric. There are many feeblewits out there who accept everything they see on TV or read in the newspaper as full gospel. My worry is that, even though we know that we have a Constitutionally protected right to possess firearms, it won't matter if too many of the sheeple don't want us to have them. So, we probably should not do things that turn people against us. Welcome to the REAL world.

This was a response letter from another forum. Same subject.

"Thank you for contacting The Home Depot Customer Care.

We appreciate receiving feedback from our customers and want to thank
you for taking the time to forward your concerns regarding carrying of
firearms in our stores. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Please know the feedback you have provided will be taken very seriously
and will be used in the overall evaluation of the services we provide
our customers.

We would like to inform you that The Home Depot does not prohibit anyone
who is legally permitted to carry firearms from entering our stores,
provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws
and regulations.

As a good will gesture, we would like to send you a $10.00 gift card. We
value you as a customer and want you to continue shopping with us.

Please provide your address so that we can send this gift card out to
you as soon as possible.

We look forward to your continued patronage and assisting you with all
of your home improvement needs.

Sincerely,

Monica
Customer Care

this was a response letter from another forum. Same subject.

"thank you for contacting the home depot customer care.

We appreciate receiving feedback from our customers and want to thank
you for taking the time to forward your concerns regarding carrying of
firearms in our stores. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Please know the feedback you have provided will be taken very seriously
and will be used in the overall evaluation of the services we provide
our customers.

We would like to inform you that the home depot does not prohibit anyone
who is legally permitted to carry firearms from entering our stores,
provided the firearms are carried in compliance with all applicable laws
and regulations.

As a good will gesture, we would like to send you a $10.00 gift card. We
value you as a customer and want you to continue shopping with us.

Please provide your address so that we can send this gift card out to
you as soon as possible.

We look forward to your continued patronage and assisting you with all
of your home improvement needs.

Sincerely,

monica
customer care

wow!!!

LEOs are not allowed to carry anywhere. There are some areas where believe it or not they are placed in a lock box. It doesn't sound like a store policy ban; however, and the store was attempting to make nice. There may be other factors like perhaps another customer felt threatened and complained. Open carry in Oregon is legal, but can you be challenged? You bet. However, where it goes from there can get tricky. A local in this area has a CHL and yet has been known to flash taking away the concealment
cover. Is it agaist the law to print your weapon or allow visual to the other public. No, but it is not smart, and really do not understand the reason behind it. The city police are aware of the guy, but no law broken. Usually end up----- kind of chilly you might want to cover your firearm with a jacket so you don't get cold! Store policy really needs to be posted. Remember also, right or wrong, it isn't worth the hassel to let it esculate into something serious and perhaps costly to prove a point.:D

I'm amazed that Home Depot could produce three security guards at a moment's notice. I've never seen one in all of the time that I've shopped at Home Depot stores across Oregon ... not a single one. For that matter, I've never seen a security guard in a Lowe's, either. Must say, however, that this again illustrates the case for concealed carry v. open carry. The sheer hassle that often comes with open carry is something that I can easily do without.

No carry zones include Courtrooms, State Mental Hospital, Any tribal lands without permission from the Chief of their polce department, some other Federal property like Armorys and Camps (military installations) Jails are given. Once Clark County, Nevada had a controling family (Las Vegas) that the following rules were in effect. You could bring a hand gun into the city/county but it had to be secured in a inaccessable place (car trunk, lock box). You also had to register your handgun with the Sheriff's Office. This was not a permit to carry!
A CHL was most likely as dificult to obtain as one in Los Angeles. Now to add insult to injury (I did register my Colt Python with them) I was a Nye County Deputy at the time and there were no acceptions. Did I carry concealed:s0131: yep still bad guys out there, perhaps even the law! A get even came a bit later. The Clark Co DA and his brother Sheriff Ralph Lamb came to my town for a Gymkana/Rodeo, and happened to park on the local park's lawn. You guessed it, a parking ticket on the windshield of their motor home. My Justice of the Peace was a little upset when I didn't make the ticket go away. He took care of his problem. Crazy country in the late 60s and early 70s. Seemed like the last of the old West.
Even blue laws can be a heap of trouble!!!!

Your info. is not correct;

LE's can carry in courtrooms, Federal Buildings, Tribal Lands, all 50 states, Military installations, as long as one provides ID. There may be local policies, but I haven't run into them yet.

I have carried in all of the above within the past year, and have yet to have a problem.

Now if we're talking about the regular population, that's a different story.

So, let's put it like this.

We now know, because someone stuck their neck out, that Home Depot supports our right to carry openly.

So, did this man OCing hurt, or help?

'Cause Home Depot being gun-friendly sounds like a good thing.
And as far as the lady who may take offence; Her mind was already made up. And will she ever be in a position that it matters? No.

The other thread, someone was detained for OCing. And guess what? A federal judge decided that was NOT okay. So, another good outcome of an open carry scenario.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top