JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank God there are so few with your opinions. It may be that you have had a bad experience with what you consider authority figures. I have no knowledge if you have had any experience with the prison system, or mental health. Curious what you would do if you needed help, who you would approach and how you would indentify that needed help without having a un identifer such as a uniform? They are required by employers to whom you pay taxes whether city, county, or that of national service in the armed forces. It has nothing to do with attitude, and your protest indicates to me that perhaps you have never served. Hopeful that if you have serious trouble, you use another option than calling a another bad guy.
I do know mental health people that work in the toughest prison in our southern state below Oregon. The casual dress is more for their comfort, as correctional officers are always present when there is movement from and back to their element.
I have personally transported inmates to mental health evals in your city. The people employed there are not uniformed, as they are not part of law enforcement. We are uniformed, and armed, but must secure anything that can be used as an offensive weapon including pocket knives at the door. Darn, there goes the authority figure! The uniform does sort if help if things go south,
as they don't spend a bunch of time attempting to sort out the good guy from the bad. So in answer to your most employees in mental health, the answer is, that it's outside of their job primeters. The LEOs are trained and equiped, for this part of the duty. There are very few mentally challenged people that are a criminal danger, and I pray you you wouldn't have to deal with it. My personal opinion, from your repeated concerns makes me wonder if you are sincere about your comments, or ever thought what life would be like in either a dense population area or even a rural setting would have without armed open carry/concealed carry LEOs. Those professionals involved in any type of weapon use have a very long road of investigations and intensive background checks of training and records. A CCW a simple life threaten fear of self or others is required. However, background and basic safety/law, along with character testimony required. Open carry, nothing required, maybe crazy or sane, and I question the surrounding environment, if it places you in a zone of watch. I can recall a few years back when the Portland mayor declared some social function a gun free zone for some social event including CCW carry people. It would have been interesting if someone beboped accross thar line with an open carry. I think the bottom line is using descression in any manner a concealed handgun is carried. If you have concearns of safety and wish to carry, then take some training and get a carry permit. I won't even get into open carry weapon retention, until you can realize the responsibility of the carry of anything. Uniforms have nothing to do with anything connected to this responsibility!:s0155::D:D

I think I was misunderstood. I don't have any concerns over it or with LEOs (I've been both a CO and Police Officer), someone said that a police officer's open carry had nothing to do with intimidation, and I was just disagreeing. It IS intended to intimidate to a certain degree, maybe not a PRIMARY intent, but an intent none the less.

But we're derailing the topic, so this is my last post in response :eek:)

Me too, the only dog is the fight, is for whatever reason one has to open carry, in a crowded invironment, isn't the norm. Legal or not! Maybe I did misunderstand as any remarks of uniform in the negative stirs a bunch of things. I remember the Nam era, and respect for law, and others, because it takes the attention off not having ones house in order. Also the LEOs in Washington, who gunned down, and targeted due to their uniforms. Breaking a big time rule, of not filling out paper work in a public setting, or after serving leagal papers. It cost four LEOs their lives! Have a good day:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top