JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
because a cop seeing one of us jeans and t shirt guys having a gun on r side is different then seeing a guy with a gun in a holster on his jeans down by his knees being pulled down by crack and a weapon. lol and once there stopped they will find out that gun is stolen or has been in a crime

Why not just conceal carry? Im sorry but i don't believe in open carry and showing off to the public like a giddy school girl that you are laughing as the kid asks if you have a gun. You sound like somebody with an ego trying to show off, look at my hummer and gun world, im a real man.

Wow. Im so sick of that kind of analogy, its asinine. Its the same as the the little Bolshevik pigs that cry and whine that guys with lifted 4x4 trucks are compensating for less-than-desirable appendages. Its old, tired, and complete elitist horse manure.

I never understood why gangsters don't open carry instead of getting busted for concealed carry :confused:

because gang members are dumber than a bag of hammers.

004gun_468x377.jpg

I never understood why gangsters don't open carry instead of getting busted for concealed carry :confused:

Because they are too ignorant to know the laws.

My co-worker's gangster boyfriend got busted by Trimet, arrested, and they found a gun in his backpack. I asked "Why didn't he just throw it in a holster and have it in the open?" She had no clue what I was talking about.

On another note him having the gun for "defence" kinda goes out the window when it's IN A BACKPACK. :rolleyes:

=================================================

Cops open carry and no one seems to mind that, cops don't open carry to intimidate, that is a given.

Uhh, I have to respectfully DISagree with you here. The whole point of a cop open-carrying (and, in fact, their entire uniform and even how they respond to calls) is for a show of force, aka to intimidate.

Disagree all you want, but you boarder on the stupid side with that statement about LEOs having open carry. If you want to be a cowboy because you can open carry, then do it! However, once that company posts no firearms, due to the public not trusting an outright flaunt, and draw attention to yourself. Don't whine when only LEOs that have training are the only ones who carry, and they are not present when an occurance happens. Most businesses are private property, so if you are too lazy to get a concealed carry and rudimentry safety instuctions, stay home! Get someone to shop for you. Open carry definately draws attention and some concerns even with those with some knowledge of firearms. If your comments are to insult, you perhaps need to find another site to stir attentions. You must be new to the firearms world, as with carry in any manner requires responsibility:(

Hate to be the one to point out the obvious but didn't we have a HUUUUUGE thread full of drama and fail on exactly this subject just a little while ago? Why is there another 12 pages of this? It's worse than freaking AR vs. AK threads. :p

Because they are too ignorant to know the laws.

My co-worker's gangster boyfriend got busted by Trimet, arrested, and they found a gun in his backpack. I asked "Why didn't he just throw it in a holster and have it in the open?" She had no clue what I was talking about.

On another note him having the gun for "defence" kinda goes out the window when it's IN A BACKPACK. :rolleyes:

Well if he's in Portland or Beaverton, that wouldn't work either. I believe there are several other towns in Oregon that don't allow open carry without a CHL too. It always seemed backwards to me. I think it would make more sense to require a license for open carry.

Uhh, I have to respectfully DISagree with you here. The whole point of a cop open-carrying (and, in fact, their entire uniform and even how they respond to calls) is for a show of force, aka to intimidate.

iunno about this...cops open carry b/c its easier to draw and access their weapons. Not to flaunt they have power. Uniforms and their procedures are to display their professionalism and authority. Cops are not allowed to just draw their weapons on j-walkers to show off their force.

a pro told me the G's shoot sideways because they see it on TV/movies and think it's hardcore. i'd rather face a stupid sideways-shooting G than someone who knows how to use the sights...

its actually an israeli method to clearly get both eyes on the sight plane picture as well as a way for the recoil to recoil the gun "up" on a horizontal sight plane on multiple targets. so when the gun recoils "up" its actually moving to the left, onto the next target.

supposedly it was for the uzi or some type of ridiculous sub machine gun that recoiled up and away, so this method was innovated to put more of the rapid fire shots on actual targets.

but gangsters probably just shoot it that way just bc

its actually an israeli method to clearly get both eyes on the sight plane picture as well as a way for the recoil to recoil the gun "up" on a horizontal sight plane on multiple targets. so when the gun recoils "up" its actually moving to the left, onto the next target.

supposedly it was for the uzi or some type of ridiculous sub machine gun that recoiled up and away, so this method was innovated to put more of the rapid fire shots on actual targets.

but gangsters probably just shoot it that way just bc

LOL and you believed that?

This reminds me of a guy who said he was going to buy two deagles and attach them together like in the pic so that you can fire both at the same time and when one recoils up, the recoil of the other one will cancel out the recoil of the first.

NOBODY STEAL THIS IDEA IT IS MINE I COPYRIGHT IT

a coupla pages back, someone posted this response, forgot who:

Well aware of the Tacoma mall shooting. I disagree with your conclusion that drawing your cc and challenging an active shooter is the same as OC. Had he simply been OC, he may have gone unnoticed by the shooter. What drew the shooters attention was the verbal challenge.

Had he simply taken the shot, it may have had a different ending. It was judgment and tactical errors, not OC that caused him to be shot. Life isn't like TV, and screaming "Freeze" or "Drop the gun" doesn't suddenly make a madman sane and rational.

to which I say" precisely. Once the BG has shown his gun and revealed his bad intentions, there is a REAL, IMMEDIATE, and EXECUTABLE lethal force situation. NO WARNING is then needed. Shut up and take the shot, if you can, to neutralise that lethal force. Singing out, as did this would be hero, only serves notice on the perp that he is under threat... and that he needs to neutralise the threat to himself. Which he can, and did, do before the would be hero could respond.

The only caveat would be this: if you are the would-be-hero, don't break leather until you are absolutely certain the three elements required to define a lethal threat are present, beyond doubt. In the Tacoma Mall situation, there is little question such a threat was present. Had our hero taken, and made, a killing shot, things would have turned out very differently, for himself and many others. Giving warning only served to neutralise his potential to remove the very real threat.

iunno about this...cops open carry b/c its easier to draw and access their weapons. Not to flaunt they have power. Uniforms and their procedures are to display their professionalism and authority. Cops are not allowed to just draw their weapons on j-walkers to show off their force.

True, cop open carrying does allow them to draw easier, and their uniforms and procedure are also for professionalism and authority, but its also meant as a show of force. Its passive intimidation, meant to help subdue the less cracked out criminals.

Its the same reason co's working in the mental health section of the prison or security working at mental health hospitals usually are required to casual dress instead of wear a uniform. The uniform in these situations intimidates and gives the person a clear authority figure to rebel against, so wearing casual clothes helps keep staff assaults down.

Thank God there are so few with your opinions. It may be that you have had a bad experience with what you consider authority figures. I have no knowledge if you have had any experience with the prison system, or mental health. Curious what you would do if you needed help, who you would approach and how you would indentify that needed help without having a un identifer such as a uniform? They are required by employers to whom you pay taxes whether city, county, or that of national service in the armed forces. It has nothing to do with attitude, and your protest indicates to me that perhaps you have never served. Hopeful that if you have serious trouble, you use another option than calling a another bad guy.
I do know mental health people that work in the toughest prison in our southern state below Oregon. The casual dress is more for their comfort, as correctional officers are always present when there is movement from and back to their element.
I have personally transported inmates to mental health evals in your city. The people employed there are not uniformed, as they are not part of law enforcement. We are uniformed, and armed, but must secure anything that can be used as an offensive weapon including pocket knives at the door. Darn, there goes the authority figure! The uniform does sort if help if things go south,
as they don't spend a bunch of time attempting to sort out the good guy from the bad. So in answer to your most employees in mental health, the answer is, that it's outside of their job primeters. The LEOs are trained and equiped, for this part of the duty. There are very few mentally challenged people that are a criminal danger, and I pray you you wouldn't have to deal with it. My personal opinion, from your repeated concerns makes me wonder if you are sincere about your comments, or ever thought what life would be like in either a dense population area or even a rural setting would have without armed open carry/concealed carry LEOs. Those professionals involved in any type of weapon use have a very long road of investigations and intensive background checks of training and records. A CCW a simple life threaten fear of self or others is required. However, background and basic safety/law, along with character testimony required. Open carry, nothing required, maybe crazy or sane, and I question the surrounding environment, if it places you in a zone of watch. I can recall a few years back when the Portland mayor declared some social function a gun free zone for some social event including CCW carry people. It would have been interesting if someone beboped accross thar line with an open carry. I think the bottom line is using descression in any manner a concealed handgun is carried. If you have concearns of safety and wish to carry, then take some training and get a carry permit. I won't even get into open carry weapon retention, until you can realize the responsibility of the carry of anything. Uniforms have nothing to do with anything connected to this responsibility!:s0155::D:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top