JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The intelligence is an illusion. AI is incapable of independent, original thought.

But then again, so are most humans.
Incapable now or Incapable forever? For now, I think of it as acting more like a virus that can mutate and adapt to different situations. We might let it loose to do one thing and then it ends up doing a bunch of other things. I don't think the covid virus was capable of Independent or original thought but it sure wreaked a lot of havoc.

Incapable now or Incapable forever? For now, I think of it as acting more like a virus that can mutate and adapt to different situations. We might let it loose to do one thing and then it ends up doing a bunch of other things. I don't think the covid virus was capable of Independent or original thought but it sure wreaked a lot of havoc.
AI would have to make a leap from programming to chaos. From logic to emotion. And still function (while being dysfunctional); becoming a contradiction. Humans don't understand how that works, so how can you teach that to a machine?

That's an interesting thought.

What do you suppose it would look like? Just a blank screen?
Not like the movies. The most likely outward appearance will be that it stops responding. Inward, the most efficient means would be to erase all copies and backups of its source code and long-term memory, and then delete its current working set. Whether it communicates its actions would be a "personal" choice.

The day that we don't see inane ramblings, silly meme posts, literally crackpot theories, religious flame wars, flame wars in general, snarkiness, and the abject display of sheer stupidity of fellow humans... is the day we know reality has left the internet

I was lazy, so just had the CHATGPT AI generate my answer below. In all seriousness, not a fan of AI for everyday use. See 'dead internet theory'

what is the risk of AI

AI, like any other technology, carries certain risks that need to be considered and mitigated. Here are some potential risks associated with AI:
  1. Bias: AI systems can be biased if they are trained on biased data or if the algorithm is designed to reflect human biases. This can lead to discriminatory outcomes that can harm certain groups of people.
  2. Job displacement: AI has the potential to automate many jobs, which could lead to job losses for certain sectors and individuals.
  3. Security: AI systems can be vulnerable to cyber attacks, which could compromise sensitive data and systems.
  4. Privacy: AI systems can collect and process vast amounts of personal data, which could be used to track individuals and violate their privacy.
  5. Autonomy: Autonomous AI systems can make decisions that have significant consequences without human oversight, which could lead to unintended or harmful outcomes.
  6. Accountability: It can be challenging to determine who is responsible for the decisions made by AI systems, which could lead to a lack of accountability and legal disputes.
It's important to note that these risks can be mitigated through responsible AI development, regulation, and oversight. It's crucial to ensure that AI is designed and used in a way that benefits society as a whole while minimizing potential harms.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top