JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of the board members recently sold an Olympic Arms Constable model, color case hardened, beautiful looking gun. As usual, I was asleep at the wheel and missed out on buying it. Now that I've wiped the drool from my mouth after gazing at this amazing looking weapon I thought I should find out how they shoot. Anyone have any experience with the Olympic Arms 1911 pistols and the Constable model in particular? I'd be interested in your thoughts. A touch over $1000 is pretty high on a disabled Vets pay.

Thanks in advance.

REE

Since you're local, go down to Olympic Arms and handle one or two :)
They are just south of you, barely into Thurston County. They have one of each of their 1911 models chained up on display for handling. They very rarely come around new in shops, since there are only a handful of stocking dealers. Most guns are sold directly from them, ordered by you. I've seen several at the local WAC shows, but none of the Constables or other case hardened models.
I did a lot of research on Olympic Arms 1911's... and they are the same as any company. Some people love them. Some people hate them. For every person claiming to have 3,000 flawless rounds fired, someone else is saying they cant get it to shoot one round. I personally am selling off my compact 1911's and keeping my full size ones, just personal preference. A 5" 1911 just feels right. But, as I mentioned above, since you're so close to the shop, you can easily take advantage of their life-time warranty by showing up at their shop anytime.

FullCaliberII,

Didn't know that. If it rain on Friday I may make a road trip to the valley. Thanks for the info.

I know what you mean about a full size 1911 feeling right. I'll never get rid of mine, until they are dispersed by my will, but I'd like to try out a pistol with a 4 inch barrel. Nothing any shorter, but the 4 inch might be okay.

I'm the guy who bought the Constable, and I've got to say, it's the first 1911 type gun that I can't get back together again. The recoil spring is three sets telescoped inside each other, another first. Not complaining, just don't know how to get it together. The rear end of the guide rod fits tight against the slide stop, so reinserting it is tough, but worse, every time I think it's together that rod is sticking .200" too far out the front! I'll call Olympic arms tomorrow and ask them. The gun is tight where it counts, with the barrel pushed up into it's lugs with finger pressure there no movement side to side. I'm impressed.

My first gun, 1972, was a 1911, so I'm no wide eyed kid. There has to be a secret.

Partsproduction,

I've heard about that spring from a couple others as well. I didn't make it to Olympic Arms. Had a deal come my way on a RIA Match 1911. For a Phillipine made gun it shoots really well and shoots anything I feed it. I must admit though, that your gun is much, much prettier. Maybe after my summer in Montana, I'll be able to afford a Constable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top