JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
19 on the young side? Perhaps.. but the way the Selective service did the math, 18 was just alright..I and many others got our Notices while still 18 and just out of high school. Half the males in my graduating class were "on the bus" within months of our graduation in June 1969.
So, as sad as the situation is, you are never too young to protect your homes. Someone's "He my baby daddy" didn't come home that night- nor did he get to commit any violent felonies. The dead criminals are beyond our jurisdiction and that's a good thing for society at large. He did what needed to be done in the moment. I feel for the young man and what emotions and trauma he is/will be going thru.
First report was he was 19 but they said there where to family members home at the time then they said the shooter was 23 so I'm guessing the media mess up probley two brothers at home one 23 and one 19 LOL YOU WHERE ON A BUS IN 1969 I was just born 1969

On the subject of killing and how one should , needs to or will feel afterwards,
Speaking from my experience .... What one feels at that time or in the immediate future may be vastly different than what one feels 20+ years later.

I have found that looking at it like it was something that need to be done.... No more , no less , has helped me.
It is neither good or bad just what I had to do , if I wanted to live or have others around me live.
I do not like to glorify it or down play it.
Again this is what works for me.

As to the young man in the OP , I hope he can come to a outlook wherein he is satisfied , understanding and comfortable with what he did.
Andy

Perhaps the saddest thing about this story is that it likely won't prevent other thugs from doing the same stupid things that got these baddies killed. I'm happy for the young man, who took up arms to defend himself and successfully used it to do so. I hope he does find a way to come to terms with what he had to do, because he was left with no choice - fight back or die.

I will be very irritated, though not surprised in the least, if the families of the trash that broke in get a single moment of air time or any mention by some anti-gun politician or group as some kind of martyr for gun violence. It sickens me that anyone would defend the actions of criminals - especially those that violate the supposedly secure space of a private home and put the fear of loss of life in another person's mind. And for what? Some money? No, I think the family of the young lady that was run down by the police in Kansas while shooting at them was the correct response - they had remorse for the loss of their loved one, but they didn't blame others for the mistakes that led to her death - they even told the police they understood that they did what they needed to do - no grudges held.

I know there are 3 families mourning the loss of their 'babies'. I know they must be in tremendous pain. But I'm willing to bet that there were many incidents prior to this one that should have tipped them off that their 'babies' weren't the sweet little bright-eyed community activists we're always told they are. No, I'm certain if you looked into the records of each of these guys, this was likely just one in a long line of bad and stupid choices and that an outcome like this was the likely result of those choices.

Thankfully this young man had a different upbringing and was able to be strong and brave when the time came. I do hope he finds peace with what he had to do and I do hope that some folks may get the message that criminals may just end up like these 3 fools.

This is why a home owner does need an AR to defend yourself, your family and your home.

Oklahoma man killed three teen home intruders using AR-15 rifle

You know it, I know it, we here know it but the whiney little b****es are screaming that those EBR's are for mass murdering like Newtown. It does not matter that this young man saved his life from three thugs that were only armed with a knife & brass knucks.
That's the way the anti-gun and anti-American progressive liberals are when guns are used, even in in self defence. God forbid if the thugs were people of color!!!:eek::eek::eek:

So good, it's all over the net.
Why waste of NRA money?
I own this t-shirt, Gets me big grins!

I guess my point being that there is a need for these rifles to defend yourself and home from multiple bad guys. This is the single best argument FOR own these rifles. It should be front page news. Instead of one little punk hiding in the shadows to break into your home. There, IMO, will be a rise in gang home invasions where you see three or more people doing the crime. Just like a smash and dash crime involving three or more people. Look what happened to Federal Way Discount Guns. Three people hit that store and got away with 20 some hand guns.

I think you should rephrase your statement to read, 'does need a FIREARM to defend yourself, your family and your home.' Not everyone wants an AR and it's not the ONLY gun that will provide an adequate defense.

I read that as a good shoot using what may have been the VTAC drill.

Fronted up with three guys dressed in black wearing balaclavas in MY home kitchen, I too would have started shooting.

I would have feared for my life and that of my family etc.....

The gal driver seems to have had some kind of a conscience fit, since she handed herself in to the local police. Now facing three felony murders, it's going to be a hard 30+ years for her.....

tac

Last Edited:
Agreed tac, anyone standing in my home after I lock it up for their protection is going to get the prizes. It is already illegal to take another person's possessions, I'm just the jury holding them accountable for their misdeeds.

The AR-15 was the weapon used in mass shootings such as Newtown, the Aurora movie theater in Colorado and San Bernardino.
This part of the story was not necessary - why equate a legal firearm used in a self-defense shooting with the same used in a mass shooting. It seems like an attempt to 'slant' the AR as still being used more illegally than legally.

Last Edited:
Isnt this the third thread on this subject or was there another shooting like this in OK?
Yeah,why bother the NRA about it?

Yep, I've counted 3 threads myself so far - obviously this one is getting a lot of attention. I think the mods rolled the other two together, they'll probably roll this one into it as well.

[QUOTE="etrain16, post: 1651427,
<snip>
Thankfully this young man had a different upbringing and was able to be strong and brave when the time came. I do hope he finds peace with what he had to do and I do hope that some folks may get the message that criminals may just end up like these 3 fools.[/QUOTE]

I figured this one was going to set off the media. So today I looked at one of the BIG outlets. Sure enough headline, "Shooting of teens with assault rifle may test Stand your ground laws"
You of course have to read a WAY into it till they admit these "teens" were armed wearing gloves and masks. The media just goes nuts when an evil black rifle is used to take out some bad guys and the good guys are fine. I have to assume the dobads were all not a protected minority. Otherwise the headline would have included the race of the dead scum.

On the subject of who needs* ( owns ) what guns ....
I think a ad campaign like the NRA ran back in the 70's or 80's "I'm the NRA " would be a great thing.
"I'm a gun owner" and :
Teacher
Husband
Hunter
Avid Reader
Army Veteran
You know just a regular guy ... Who happens to own a gun or three...
Not a criminal , or bad guy.

Maybe showing a regular guy** face to gun ownership would go a long way to dispelling some media stereotypes

*the word needs was used ... even though I think no one has to prove "needs" to own a gun.
Own one or one hundred of any type of gun ... If you are legal to own a gun , you should be free to get what or however many you want...

** The word guy was used ... And yes , I know many female shooter / gun owners ... its just how I talk.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads