JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a pretty frightening situation -- how is a person supposed to know if they are police or not. Do plain clothes officers never participate in these things? Even at that, how hard is it to get a costume good enough to not be able to tell the difference in 1 second of panic in the dark. How often do police end up at the wrong house and if you rightly shoot, look at what happened to that couple in Texas.

Last Edited:
That's a pretty frightening situation -- how is a person supposed to know if they police or not. Do plain clothes officers never participate in these things? Even at that, how hard is it to get a costume good enough to not be able to tell the difference in 1 second of panic in the dark. How often to police end up at the wrong house and if you rightly shoot, look at what happened to that couple in Texas.
I work a plain clothes job. Just about the only time we will force entry is trying to serve a felony warrant. We ALWAYS do that marked up with markings that are universally known for law enforcement. We announce who we are, agency, and what we are there for.

Many people have been acquitted for shooting unmarked police, simply because they weren't properly marked or identifiable.

Tulare Co, along with several others in CA are let's say... different ... than your typical woke CA regions.
Even the news article suggests they view it differently, with mentioning that the 13 y/o could have died had the homeowner not taken action, etc.

Elsewhere that'd have read "Some poor oppressed criminal justice system victims were down on their luck... They were turning their life around, but had to get what's theirs (ie. the homeowner's possessions, which they didn't need). We have *got* to get these guns off the streets! There is simply no legal way the homeowner could have been able to get to their firearm safe, disable their trigger lock, load their 10 round mag and rack the slide in time. We designed it that way. What went wrong? Back to the drawing board. Meantime, the homeowners will be dealt with, and their 13 y/o will be liberated by CPS from their horrible parents who own firearms."

That's a pretty frightening situation -- how is a person supposed to know if they are police or not. Do plain clothes officers never participate in these things? Even at that, how hard is it to get a costume good enough to not be able to tell the difference in 1 second of panic in the dark. How often do police end up at the wrong house and if you rightly shoot, look at what happened to that couple in Texas.
I have an uniform shirt from either the Sheriffs, or the Forest Rangers... complete with the grommeted badge pin strip and easy on/off zipper, found in a thrift store in my size. :rolleyes: No doubt pants can be a 5.11 Tactical slacks or police style striped pants...

I also have a short sleeved button up shirt thats made by a flyers clothing group that looks military/CAP, and it fits me.. again, thrift store find. Pretty danged easy to impersonate the police short of acquiring the actual badge... surplus stores have piles of old fabric badges and patches from everyone; not sure about metal badges... duty belts are easily obtained; duty pouches as well.. officers shoes too. Again, very easy to impersonate military or police. :rolleyes:

Getting a surplus police vehicle is easy. There has been guys posing as police in Washington county a couple years ago pulling people over

I used to work at a PVC pipe making plant back in the very early 90s, in Lindsay. The place was a spot on the map. Poor, surrounded by fruit and nut orchards. No real reason to even live there.

Unless you want to live surrounded by fruit and nut trees with a lot less people - that would be just fine by me. I live up on a mountain surrounded by trees 6 miles from a spot on the map that is just now getting its first stop light to replace the one stop sign by the one general store - nothing else around except farms, a cafe up the road, a school and the rural fire department - separated from each other by a couple of miles. Hopefully it will stay that way for a few more decades - more or less like when I grew up here on the family farm.

Unless you want to live surrounded by fruit and nut trees with a lot less people - that would be just fine by me.

But this is central Cali farming; big ag. So you have to deal with pesticide planes dropping clouds on you, at least once a month, if not twice. The ground water was saturated with it. The climate is desert, but water pumped down makes the fields green. Not really an idyllic scene.

Hey folks,

This happened a bit south of Fresno, CA.

Men began pounding on the door late at night claiming they were with the Sheriff's Department....they weren't and after breaking into the home a shootout ensued.

One home invader dead.

I'm sure there is more to this story as this area has a high gang, cartel, and drug presence.

Be vigilant.

You need at least 'Stinking Badges' ,authentic looking badges are out there, if not they one from a cereal box.
Better yet apply, get accepted, complete the training to be a real Deputy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top