JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am in the process of buying a lower from a fellow member here, and I've been calling around the milwaukie area trying to find the cheapest transfer. The cheapest transfer place I've found (with bgc included), which the seller of the lower recommended, is $45, with the highest being $100!!! One hundred freakin' dollars!!! Are you kidding me? Thank you Gov. Brown and your wonderful SB941, I sleep ssoooooo much better at night now! Rant over.

So I am in the process of buying a lower from a fellow member here, and I've been calling around the milwaukie area trying to find the cheapest transfer. The cheapest transfer place I've found (with bgc included), which the seller of the lower recommended, is $45, with the highest being $100!!! One hundred freakin' dollars!!! Are you kidding me? Thank you Gov. Brown and your wonderful SB941, I sleep ssoooooo much better at night now! Rant over.

That sounds very steep. Last couple transfers I have done they charged $25 since we are customers. Is there a shop there you use even now and then? If no one here can come up with a better local one maybe try one of the searches for this. I know Gun Broker has some kind of search for these and I would think there would be more now that the state has mandated it for sales.

That emergency cause has to go. It is suppose to be for real emergencies like earth quake and should be temporary. Using it to infringe on constitutional rights is a outright abuse of power.

How is that possible and how can it be allowed to happen?

Last Edited:
We didn't vote for it. Bloomberg's sock puppet Phloyd Prozacski and his ilk ran it through on an emergency clause where it did not have to go to the voters.

I minor correction; the emergency clause does not make it "where it did not have to go to the voters". the emergency clause makes it where it CANNOT GO TO THE VOTERS!! A significant difference in intent.

We didn't vote for it. Bloomberg's sock puppet Phloyd Prozacski and his ilk ran it through on an emergency clause where it did not have to go to the voters.

as far as the senate bill 941 we didnt get to vote for or against it. we didn't even get to vote for that governor when she signed that bill

I believe the result would have been the same WITH a vote!

It seems your voters are as stupid as California voters.

Unfortunately.

It seems your voters are as stupid as California voters.

Unfortunately, yes, but it's because so many of them came here from California after they corn holed themselves there, and now seem to be intent on doing the same here before moving on to the next free state like a giant wrecking ball. Don't get me wrong, FREEDOM loving refugees from the Golden State are more than welcome, but the Golden (State) Horde should be forced to live in the hell hole they created for themselves and leave everybody else alone.

As a native Oregonian I find myself more and more in the minority every day. Virtually all of my neighbors and co-workers came here from somewhere else. The culture I grew up now only exists outside the urban areas and no longer has the votes to reatin it.

As a native Oregonian I find myself more and more in the minority every day. Virtually all of my neighbors and co-workers came here from somewhere else. The culture I grew up now only exists outside the urban areas and no longer has the votes to reatin it.

A few years ago I went rabbit hunting with my brother in law, and 2 of my best friends they all started having a conversation about different parts of Kali when it dawned on me that I was the only native in the bunch. Fortunately none of the 3 are liberals so not all Kalifornians are bad (just most of them) some of them are just escaping the Kalifornia crap just to end up back in it here.

One of my best friends in my 20s was from Kali he was the one who introduced me to sporting rifles. He had purchased a Colt ar15 because he wanted one like his father carried in Nam. and It was the first Ar15 I ever held. He said I should get an sks because they were cheap $49 for a chinese one and $129 for a unissued Russian and ammo was cheap $69 per thousand and we could go shooting so I did and that led to me buying a Daewoo because his tatoo artist said he had put 8000 rds though his without ever cleaning it and that it would out last him and it did because he past away a couple years later and the gun was still going. And that daewoo led to me buying my first Ar15.

Last Edited:

If you're willing to go to Oregon City, Adaptive Firing Solutions does the whole thing for $20, BGC included. He's a home-based FFL, so you need to make an appointment, but he's been really easy to work with.

Now THAT is a GOOD DEAL!;)

AND....if you have guns coming in for transfer, say from a place like Bud's - he only charges $20 even if you have more than one gun coming in. I had a 3 gun transfer a while back from 2 different vendors, and my total fee was $20. Really nice guy to work with too. He has told me more than once he does that to help the shooting community because he thinks laws like SB941 are ridiculous and unfair to gun owners.

If you're willing to go to Oregon City, Adaptive Firing Solutions does the whole thing for $20, BGC included. He's a home-based FFL, so you need to make an appointment, but he's been really easy to work with.

Thanks for the heads up etrain, I just set up an appointment with Adaptive to get my transfer done for $20!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top