JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly you may well be right. Often people will support some stupid law thinking it may help them short term. Look how many shooters support the left because their Union tells them too.

This right here is a very big problem, people think that they will somehow get fired or reprimanded if the union found out that they did not vote straight across the board like they are told to do.
My wife's Union, which is a health care Union, sent mailers telling her to vote D straight across the ballot, their own words it was printed vote straight Democrat ticket, this right here it's why I hate unions. If you love your union fine but I'm telling you they're using part of your union dues to help the Democrats Progressive liberal agenda to infringing on your rights, OUR 2nd Amendment rights. Don't hide your head in the sand, you can't it's out there and that is the infringing truth to concerned law-abiding gun owners on the West Coast. Do your own investigation!!!

Last Edited:
I am surprised at the amount of gun owners that are abiding by this UNCONSTITUITIONAL and unlawful piece of paper that is called "Legislation". I refuse to be intimidated by bullies in the capital!:( So sick and tired of being pushed around and abused by the politicians of this state. I will continue to buy and and sell WITHOUT using an FFL. just my 2cents......

I am surprised at the amount of gun owners that are abiding by this UNCONSTITUITIONAL and unlawful piece of paper that is called "Legislation". I refuse to be intimidated by bullies in the capital!:( So sick and tired of being pushed around and abused by the politicians of this state. I will continue to buy and and sell WITHOUT using an FFL. just my 2cents......
I 2nd that! (pun intended)

I agree that the new BGC regs are unconstitutional at worst and a PITA at best.
I also know that the new requirement has more than likely made a new class of "criminal"
The ones who won't comply with the new reg.

That being said this is a public forum ... be careful in saying what you will or will not do.
it is the new law ... until we can make it go away.
Andy

I agree that the new BGC regs are unconstitutional at worst and a PITA at best.
I also know that the new requirement has more than likely made a new class of "criminal"
The ones who won't comply with the new reg.

That being said this is a public forum ... be careful in saying what you will or will not do.
it is the new law ... until we can make it go away.
Andy

I (more or less) comply with laws I hate or think are unconstitutional. Fight the good fight in the courts or at the ballot box not from a jail cell. That being said, there may come a time, perhaps, when more "direct democracy" methods may be needed. That time is not yet here....yet.

So I am in the process of buying a lower from a fellow member here, and I've been calling around the milwaukie area trying to find the cheapest transfer. The cheapest transfer place I've found (with bgc included), which the seller of the lower recommended, is $45, with the highest being $100!!! One hundred freakin' dollars!!! Are you kidding me? Thank you Gov. Brown and your wonderful SB941, I sleep ssoooooo much better at night now! Rant over.
It's insane $35 buck here $50 here bla bla you know just to make a phone call and check to make sure you filled out paperwork correct and they have ATF on speed dial only had to push one button lol

It's insane $35 buck here $50 here bla bla you know just to make a phone call and check to make sure you filled out paperwork correct and they have ATF on speed dial only had to push one button lol
LOL, yeah, but employees cost way more than just whatever you're paying them per hour. I wonder how much gross profit they have to bring in per hour to be justifiable from a financial standpoint? So my ten minute $35 transfer isn't really lining their pockets.

What we really need is citizen access to NICS. I suppose the tricky part is how to prevent people from running other people without their consent. Or is it?

The gun store that I buy most of my guns from the employees don't work on commission I know that this doesn't really matter in this thread but it kinda does because they are getting paid if they take 2 hours with a customer or they take 5 min with a customer what I'm trying to say is yes they should be able to mark up the price of a $10 background check to make up for the time but $50 for a 3min call is ridiculous

The gun store that I buy most of my guns from the employees don't work on commission I know that this doesn't really matter in this thread but it kinda does because they are getting paid if they take 2 hours with a customer or they take 5 min with a customer what I'm trying to say is yes they should be able to mark up the price of a $10 background check to make up for the time but $50 for a 3min call is ridiculous

I agree $50 is too high also but again it is their choice. That's one of the nice things about forums like this. If someone is new to this, or new to an area they can get the info. Rather than driving around or calling they can just ask here. Comes in VERY handy. Also helps keep shops more customer oriented. Most business's know that if you act the fool to customers word gets around VERY fast now. Same with a place that goes out of their way to make a customer happy. Word gets around fast. As it should be.

Yes this could be a shock to some One who don't know that your next door neighbor just sold you a gun for 300 Buck's great but now you have to go pay a extra $50 bucks or your going to jail along with your neighbor lol

I agree $50 is too high also but again it is their choice. That's one of the nice things about forums like this. If someone is new to this, or new to an area they can get the info. Rather than driving around or calling they can just ask here. Comes in VERY handy. Also helps keep shops more customer oriented. Most business's know that if you act the fool to customers word gets around VERY fast now. Same with a place that goes out of their way to make a customer happy. Word gets around fast. As it should be.
I should have said the store I go to only charge 35 dollars

I should have said the store I go to only charge 35 dollars
Give the name and location of them too if you are happy with them. May get others to go in there. There is one here I use regularly, Mary's Pistols. I found them before I had ever found any local forums for this stuff. Had a BAD experience with a local shop trying to get a Kel-Tec. I started looking in the phone book and calling. Stumbled onto them and they were new in town and had what I wanted. Great folks and I keep going back.

OK well I'll give the name but the last time I checked it was 35 Buck's I don't know if anything has changed just saying SKAGIT ARMS IN BURLINGTON they just finished building new store but I have bought 4 guns from there like I said employees not on commission and almost every time I go there in the last few months there is a law enforcement officers there buying guns also last I was there it was GAME WARDEN THE TIME BEFORE THAT IT WAS A SHERIFF SO IF THEY GO THERE I WILL TOO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top