JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We didn't vote for it. Bloomberg's sock puppet Phloyd Prozacski and his ilk ran it through on an emergency clause where it did not have to go to the voters.
yep, in voter initiative states, elected representatives put things like bonds, taxes - making the people pay more money - on ballot intiatives so they can say, "it's a public mandate, people are willing to pay for blah blah blah" and they don't have to make the politically unpopular decisions. For things like gun control, suddenly the elected representatives have no problem locking the doors and telling the people (their constituency) how it's going to be.

If you guys down there would have nipped it in the butt when it first started it never would have gotten this far north....:oops:

Yeah, but you guys actually got to VOTE on your law, we got it rammed down our throats. It's all BS. We should have built a wall on the southern Oregon border 40 years ago :(

Well then, by all means....please....carry on....:p

Always.
We all know that Kalifornication is the ruin to a free state and all those uninformed voters down there found out that the BS they heard (it got their vote) & then what they got after the voteing were 2 different things. So they moved up here (all butthurt) & forgot what they learned & are doing the same stupid bubblegum in OUR neighborhoods!!!!! Let's DEPORT them & build the wall!!!!

Some of the fees are stupid high because the dealers do not want to deal in transfers - they want you buying the same stuff from them. They make it economically unprofitable to get a good deal elsewhere in the country, or now, in our own state because whatever you saved buying from someone else, you pay in the inflated transfer fees. I don't begrudge a small fee to them for performing the service, and the theoretical increase in liability that comes from it - but $45 for a transfer is price gouging.

I joined the Washington Arms Collectors for several reasons, the main one being $10 transfers at the shows between private sellers. $40/year membership, but worth it if you do two transfers a year, as the best transfer fee around Seattle/Tacoma is $25, with most $30-35.

Hey what's the chance this is a sunset bill with an expiration date?
Unlikely. I was listening to Matt Bracken and he made a good point about the globalist usurpers and that being they push for the extreme and the compromise at a lower level. Then they come back and always start back at the compromise as a basepoint. It's incrementalism and it isn't going away...ever. Get use to the idea of choosing to go along or be labled a criminal.

Unlikely. I was listening to Matt Bracken and he made a good point about the globalist usurpers and that being they push for the extreme and the compromise at a lower level. Then they come back and always start back at the compromise as a basepoint. It's incrementalism and it isn't going away...ever. Get use to the idea of choosing to go along or be labled a criminal.
Here's the compromise: You want national universal background checks? Give us instant, anonymous access to the NICS, re-approve funding for the machine gun registry, drop suppressors from the NFA, and make CCW nationally retroactive. And I'm being generous, given all of the stuff we've suffered over the last few decades.

Some of the fees are stupid high because the dealers do not want to deal in transfers - they want you buying the same stuff from them. They make it economically unprofitable to get a good deal elsewhere in the country, or now, in our own state because whatever you saved buying from someone else, you pay in the inflated transfer fees. I don't begrudge a small fee to them for performing the service, and the theoretical increase in liability that comes from it - but $45 for a transfer is price gouging.
Competition should be very good for this. Since a lot more people have no choice but to go with a dealer more will be looking for one. The ones who want to make a buck and treat people well should see an increase in business. Forums like this should be great for getting the word out about the good ones.

It seems your voters are as stupid as California voters.
California is a mess
I know some people who were "un-invited to Thanksgiving dinner" because they didn't vote for Hillary - which is a joke when you think about it. The Lord Jesus could run for office in CA and lose if he had a (R) next to his name....

And interestingly enough, our governor is named Brown also

I minor correction; the emergency clause does not make it "where it did not have to go to the voters". the emergency clause makes it where it CANNOT GO TO THE VOTERS!! A significant difference in intent.
One little change I would make to the emergency clause situation. Any law passed as an emergency measure expires in 180 days.

I suspect some gun stores in the area probably supported I-594 because of the extra revenue and the chance people would see something in the store and spend more money. It brings in business.
Sadly you may well be right. Often people will support some stupid law thinking it may help them short term. Look how many shooters support the left because their Union tells them too.

California is a mess
I know some people who were "un-invited to Thanksgiving dinner" because they didn't vote for Hillary - which is a joke when you think about it. The Lord Jesus could run for office in CA and lose if he had a (R) next to his name....

And interestingly enough, our governor is named Brown also
That's because they are both full of "insert comment here" :cool:

I went to A Cut Above Pawn in Beaverton once and decided to make the :45 minute drive again when I ordered 2 lowers and they charged a fee for each lower. That was the last time I will ever do a transfer of any kind there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top