JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I was wondering about measure 114 like most of us.. anyway I purchased a gun online had it shipped to a local FFL dealer, filled out background check an now waiting to hear back. My question is, will I still get the 30 rd clip that came with my gun if my bgc comes back after the 8th. Oh an will I have to do another bgc if after the 8th. Thank you

Hi everyone, I bought a new gun from a out of state firearms dealer,then had it shipped to a local ffl here in Oregon. I put in for my bgc on Monday and was told I was 27,??? Inline, today I went in to the ffl dealer to check on my status and was told I'm at 29,???.. how is it i went backwards on the list?plus when I was filling out the bgc form the dealer told me I would be waiting 6 months to get my bgc back.. plus I asked for my gun cause of the 3 day delay law an I was denied my gun.. what is going on with this picture please help.. thank you

Welp. I hope this isn't your first/only gun. If you have a CHL you might let the shop know. The 3 day rule is an option for the FFL. They can be liable so...it's up to them. Unfortunately I think it's to late to change stores as the shop has possession. Ask the shop what you can show to make them comfortable. Picking a fight probably won't help.

Hi everyone, I bought a new gun from a out of state firearms dealer,then had it shipped to a local ffl here in Oregon. I put in for my bgc on Monday and was told I was 27,??? Inline, today I went in to the ffl dealer to check on my status and was told I'm at 29,???.. how is it i went backwards on the list?plus when I was filling out the bgc form the dealer told me I would be waiting 6 months to get my bgc back.. plus I asked for my gun cause of the 3 day delay law an I was denied my gun.. what is going on with this picture please help.. thank you
That far back in the line, you dont probably have a CHL. Everyone with a CHL gets bumped in front of Non-CHL holders, so you got 2k CHL buyers that shoved you back in the list...

You're fresh meat on this forum, so perhaps new to firearms too?
There are many things about this post that prompted IT folk to coin the terms EBDAC or id10t.

Getting into the game so late, and likely without a CHL, is a last-minute Hail Mary scramble. Likely not going to work for you.
Getting pushed back is just that. Don't know why, but who are you going to complain to - our receptive AG? :s0140:
Just because you have a number in the queue does not mean your BGC is under review. As such, the three day release doesn't apply to you.
Even if you were under review, it's not a SHALL, but a MAY, at the discretion of the FFL. Why? Ask them to make a choice between your gun happiness and their livelihood, and you'll lose every time.

Most dealers that I know of around the PDX area are now following the 3 day rule. If they ran it no later than yesterday, then you'll probably get it. BUT you better move heaven and earth to make sure you pick it up no later than the 7th, otherwise you won't get it till you have a permit.

What happened to the 3 day rule? I've been placed on hold once or twice before and my dealer (now retired) used to tell me, "come back after 3 days and it's yours..."

If that's a rule, why don't more FFL's honor that? Just curious if someone knows more about this.
Hey brother I'm going past my 3 day wait an asked today to get my gun an was denied. It's a sad sad deal man.

Hi all, I was wondering about measure 114 like most of us.. anyway I purchased a gun online had it shipped to a local FFL dealer, filled out background check an now waiting to hear back. My question is, will I still get the 30 rd clip that came with my gun if my bgc comes back after the 8th. Oh an will I have to do another bgc if after the 8th. Thank you
If your FFL allows it, I would recommend taking the mags when you fill out your background check. You paid for them and you don't need a background check for mags.

You can ask BBT Arms if he will pick it up from your FFL and process it for you with a no response release, if necessary. Today would be the last day he could do this if you want any chance of getting a no response release.

You will pay a pretty penny if he agrees to do it but it might be worth it to you.

Hey. Oregon says, 114 is not denying anyone their Second Ammendment Rights.

I do not think it means, what they think it means. This is a clear example, hopefully not. But, especially if it was intended to be this purchaser's first firearm, he has been denied his rights based on misinformation, double speak and lies. Since so many in Oregon really didn't know what was being implemented.

Hopefully in the next few days you can get this settled. It boils my brain to hear this stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top