JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't speak last night, I sat in the back, mostly silent as I wasn't prepared to speak. I did submit a page and a half letter to the commissioners last night in addition to my previous emails. I very much appreciated Sheriff Roberts coming to give testimony - I will be sending him, Commissioner Smith, Chair Ludlow, and maybe even Commissioner Savas a kind thank you letter for standing up for our rights. I think follow-up here is just as important to the letters leading up to the event.

I will say if I had known the false/misleading information that Ceasefire, the League of Angry Women Voters and the Hood River couple were going to present, I would have prepared for that and spoken against it. Everything they claimed has been refuted, numerous times, yet they still keep repeating the same information. It made me angry enough that I did shout out with a group of others at the gal from Ceasefire, calling her a liar (couldn't help myself), which, of course didn't do any good, but it did feel good.

Overall, I was also pleased at the polite, and reasonable way that the attendees and speakers presented themselves. Even Chair Ludlow acknowledged the polite demeanor of the crowd.

Again, thumbs up to all who attended and those who spoke. Great job everyone!

Now I'm just waiting for that email from Kevin at OFF announcing the results last night. Oh, and one last thing, Kevin's response to Com. Schrader about whether he had created a boilerplate resolution for all of the counties to use - priceless. He stated, if he had created these resolutions, rest assured, they would have been worded far more forcefully. Nicely done Kevin.

The Hood River couple bolted to the door so fast he left behind his vodka spiked stainless steel coffee cup :s0059:

The room roared when the cease fire loon started quoting how 85% of NRA members are in support of more background checks :s0140:

Kevin & I sat together during the meeting, it was interesting to learn the back stories of the players.

Seems this move started with the Canby Gun Club coming together with a massive push to get things rolling.

The Hood River couple bolted to the door so fast he left behind his vodka spiked stainless steel coffee cup :s0059:

They are angry, bitter old folks. I thought they were going to knock each other over trying to get to the door. Must be a load of laughs in that household. Must be hard to live with that kind of bitterness and anger daily.

Hopefully someone got video of it so they can be reminded.

Laughing at Liberals was there - he was the fellow with the camera rig on the right side of the room. I caught up with him after it broke up and suggested he make a compilation of her rude and bizarre behavior. He's behind a bit - filming so much crazy left wing politics he has almost no time to edit and release. Looking forward to whatever he releases on his YouTube channel.

I think Schraeder's bat 5h!t made an impression on everyone there except for the looney bin - the first two rows on the right hand side. To me she appeared, other than the usual progressive snotty attitude to be either drunk, stoned, on drugs or a combination of them. I will do whatever I can to expose her to the voters the next time she runs and actively campaign for whoever runs against her.

I didn't speak last night, I sat in the back, mostly silent as I wasn't prepared to speak. I did submit a page and a half letter to the commissioners last night in addition to my previous emails....
...I will say if I had known the false/misleading information that Ceasefire, the League of Angry Women Voters and the Hood River couple were going to present, I would have prepared for that and spoken against it. Everything they claimed has been refuted, numerous times, yet they still keep repeating the same information....

True. One just has to lookup what they've said over the last 2 years for a couple of examples to see what 90% of what they are going to say the next.

Folks, I know this small victory was yesterday's news, but I think some lessons learned will help is in the upcoming battles. I'll start with the following:

• Numbers matter. This was the largest public county hearing in history. Even the overflow room overflowed. There were also several hundred emails sent by the public. Out of over 500 submissions only about 50 were opposed. My opinion is that is voter turnout had been low, that Commissioner Savas may not have voted in favor. My impression is that he didn't want to alienate hundreds of passionate voters. Again, number matter.
  • When you write, be passionate and express your own thoughts. Commissioner Savas pointed out that there were several identical/form letters, and that he didn't read any of those, choosing to read original submissions instead.
  • I think one of the reasons for the large turnout was that there was a definite time and place, so there was no confusion. I think also that it didn't conflict with most people's work schedules was important.
  • The people that gave the best and most persuasive testimony did their homework and stayed on point.
  • The anti's gave the usual talking points that have been debunked over and over again. Expect them to continue and bring and read the documentation that debunks their lies to rob them of any traction.

Please add your input - we have a long road ahead of us.

Last Edited:
Their anguished rants are music to my ears!

They must still be wondering how this tiny, insignificant, collection of narcisstic gun nuts could pull this off. I mean the Ceasefire lady did say that a large "silent" majority is demanding universal background checks. I wonder why there weren't (and never are) 90% showing up in favor of more BGC's or sending 90% more emails? :rolleyes: Maybe 'cause their 90% group is 100% fictional.

They must still be wondering how this tiny, insignificant, collection of narcisstic gun nuts could pull this off. I mean the Ceasefire lady did say that a large "silent" majority is demanding universal background checks. I wonder why there weren't (and never are) 90% showing up in favor of more BGC's or sending 90% more emails? :rolleyes: Maybe 'cause their 90% group is 100% fictional.

As are all their "facts"... the sleeping giant may well be waking up

I didn't get home last night till 10:30 pm... I drove up and back on Hwy 213 from south Marion Co.

Navman, I was the guy who sat on the other side of Kevin... It was nice to meet you guys.

I'm glad it passed.

I thought it was interesting Martha Schrader abstained from voting tho she was present... She also wasted a good amount of time with her babbling on. I don't think that woman can speak a coherent sentence if her life depended on it. Tootie naild her good when she commented that abstaining to vote was actually a vote against.

Tootie Smith and John Ludlow (the Chair) did an excellent job.

Paul Savas voted for it but he reminds me of our border collie mix... He knows what to do but is afraid to do it...

There was another commissioner not present but it was said he was for it too.

Marion County is next, remember to back us up guys.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews