JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

The majority of 18-29 year olds don't want a Mandatory AR-15 buy-back.

Interesting article, didn't realize that 45-64 year olds are the biggest proponents of more gun control... Although I am in that age group, I oppose all attempts of the government to infringe on my God given, Constitutional and Civil Rights... Period...

Interesting article, didn't realize that 45-64 year olds are the biggest proponents of more gun control... Although I am in that age group, I oppose all attempts of the government to infringe on my God given, Constitutional and Civil Rights... Period...
Ya'll messing up the young generation more than ya'll admit. :s0002::rolleyes:

I don't believe it. I think the youngsters are flushing our rights away.

How's that for placing blame, as the kids always do.

All I see is Fudd, Fudd, Fudd. I guess I'm a Fudd, as I campaign for pro 2A politicians, I donate to pro 2A causes, and I'm in constant contact with the Legislature and Congress, and I own and shoot black and plastic guns in quantities that would give your Dem friends a heart attack. But it's still my fault.

Yep, get rid of us Fudds and keep stacking political arenas with anti's and your world will be a better place.

Last Edited:
It's the "question authority" group from the 60's and 70's and their children.

How's that for placing blame, as the kids always do.

All I see is Fudd, Fudd, Fudd. I guess I'm a Fudd, as I campaign for pro 2A politicians, I donate to pro 2A causes, and I'm in constant contact with the Legislature and Congress, and I own and shoot black and plastic guns in quantities that would give your Dem friends a heart attack. But it's still my fault.

Yep, get rid of us Fudds and keep stacking political arenas with anti's and your world will be a better place.
Then you wouldn't be a Fudd at all. A Fudd (named after the cartoon Elmer Fudd) is just a jab at "Pro 2A" people who think the only legitimate reason to have guns is for hunting, hence the Elmer Fudd reference. These people are easily planted at anti-gun rallys by the anti-gun progressives as people who moved over to their side after seeing just how rational and reasonable they are :rolleyes:....

It's come to be somewhat of a weightless insult, similar to calling someone a snowflake. It has become rather overused and used out of context too many times.

It has become rather overused and used out of context too many times.
I've always understood a FUDD was someone that loved their hunting rifle and felt everything else was superfluous...
But I concur with what you've stated.

Yes, I know the origin of Fudd as applied to firearms. But, I do see the term used too often and too broadly as an excuse to get us old folks in the Soylent Green Cookbook.

But without geezers, whose basement would the kids live in?

Last Edited:
Interesting article, didn't realize that 45-64 year olds are the biggest proponents of more gun control...

I'm not super surprised.. In my experience with neighborhood boards/commissions the biggest malcontent PITA are always older folks. They plant the seeds in the kids' heads and ennoble them.

I still meet many young men at the Club who grew up playing Call of Duty and are thrilled to try out a real Mosin Nagant or M1 Carbine. My experience with the kids is the loudest most passionate gun grabbers among them are the girls. That's where the gun rights battle is being lost within the younger demographic. I say this is as a parent of two girls who detest firearms, and have seen firsthand how we are losing the PR battle with Instagram and Twitter.

Last Edited:
Some might be, I am 26 and I am against any gun control. The National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Hughes amendment need to be repealed, they should not exist in the first place as they are infringements on the 2nd Amendment. If some dirt bags come for my guns they better be prepared for return fire.

Will gladly stand against the tyrants with all other Patriots who are prepared to make a stand should the time come. I think it is inevitable.
Didn't work at Lexington and Concord and it won't work this century either.

I say this is as a parent of two girls who detest firearms,
You ever ask them why? I have 4 daughters and all of them understand them and their benefits. Only 1 to date has purchased her own, but I see that number growing once they get more established.

You ever ask them why? I have 4 daughters and all of them understand them and their benefits. Only 1 to date has purchased her own, but I see that number growing once they get more established.

We had it out at the kitchen counter one night and haven't discussed it since.

This is their argument, essentially:
  1. Don't you care that children are scared of going to school?
  2. Little children are having nightmares!!!
  3. Why do you need a military weapon? Why can't you just lock it up at the range?
  4. The Second Amendment was written for muskets!
  5. Because: Peace!/Diversity/Equality/Women's Rights/Trump/Global Warming/Racism
In a nutshell, they regurgitated the same old propaganda and emotional jerking we've come to know for years... (And, if #5 doesn't make sense, Google Intersectionality asap...)

We had it out at the kitchen counter one night and haven't discussed it since.

This is their argument, essentially:
  3. Why do you need a military weapon? Why can't you just lock it up at the range?
  5. Because: Peace!/Diversity/Equality/Women's Rights/Trump/Global Warming/Racism
In a nutshell, they regurgitated the same old propaganda and emotional jerking we've come to know for years... (And, if #5 doesn't make sense, Google Intersectionality asap...)

You should have taken them out shooting when they were young. I took my kids out against court order. My daughter now owns her own pistols, AR and wants a shotgun next, she does not hunt, all are intended for protection.

1) Don't you care that children are scared of going to school?
Don't you find it odd that we wouldn't protect our children with guns as we do our Movie Stars, Politicians or our Money?

2) Little Children are having nightmares?
Aren't you curious why this lie is being pushed? Did you know you have a greater risk of being struck by lightning, than being in a mass shooting? Are you concerned about lighting strikes?

3) Why do you need a military weapon? Why can't you lock it up at the range?
I know you pride yourself on being knowledgable and Civilians for all intense and purposes haven't been able to possess Military-grade weapons since 1968. I don't lock them up at the range because we have a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs.

4) The 2A was written for Muskets.
If true then the First Amendment was written for an Ink quill & parchment, now hand me your phone as you don't "Need" it.

Our Rights don't end where others fears begin...now let me take you to dinner and explain what America truly is.

You should have taken them out shooting when they were young. I took my kids out against court order. My daughter now owns her own pistols, AR and wants a shotgun next, she does not hunt, all are intended for protection.

^^^That's awesome. Our girls did know how to shoot at one time but they never really enjoyed shooting. They never really enjoyed sports of any kind for that matter.

When I was growing up, my parents had my friends to contend with. Nowadays parents have friends + the entire internet to contend with. I could talk until I'm blue in the face and I cannot compete with "100 likes" from their peer group. As I said in a previous post, I don't see this being as much of a problem with young men as I still meet a lot of young men who are curious to try their hand at shooting.

Let me help you with that:
(and I would actually appreciate that you show this to your kids and, if they'd like to PM me, I'd be more than happy to expand on any of these points).

1. blah blah blah *the children*

Honey, of course I care that the children are scared of a emotionless, homicidal maniac walking down the halls of your school intent on murdering the innocent. Let me tell you something: these types of people exist. For God knows why, they exist. They don't just walk down school hallways. Obama's CDC reported that, at minimum, 500,000 crimes were prevented due to good people using firearms - and not just cops - those are people like me that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time but had the will and the tool needed to change the outcome of what otherwise would have been a really bad situation.

Now, you're assuming that if guns magically didn't exist, that emotionless, homicidal maniacs wouldn't either. I've got bad news for you. Humans have known about killers since the days of Cain and Abel. Back then, Cain used a rock. In our world today, they've used bombs, vehicles, knives, their bare hands, airplanes...you name it.

So what is more probable if you make guns magically disappear: that emotionless, homicidal maniacs also disappear...or they just find a different weapon? Keep in mind that those 500,000 crimes that were stopped by good people with guns...well, they're now powerless in your "perfect world."

I hope I've convinced you that getting rid of guns would have major costs to society, would have unintended consequences, and may not even provide a solution to the problem you are trying to solve. As an exercise, can you think of any other ways to solve the problem?

2. blah blah blah *the smaller children*

It's perfectly normal for children to have nightmares. Today, you practice what you'd do if a shooter walked into your school. Yesterday, we practiced what to do if the Russians launched an atomic bomb at us. Before that, children were scared to walk outside the village hut circle, lest the lions get them. My point is, there will always be threats to which we need to be prepared.

It is up to parents to ensure that their children both understand the reality of a threat, what to do about it, and in the end, to protect them. The reality is that shootings at schools are a rare occurrence, not dissimilar to airplane crashes. You are more likely to get hit by a car walking home and it's my job to train you on how to act in both situations. It's also my job to protect, which is why I'm starting a neighborhood watch for our public school. All of us adults will pitch in to help observe the school and help in times of trouble.

Keep in mind that, if a shooter came to your school, then one of us could respond - but only if we're armed. If that same kid instead used a bomb, then there would be no way we'd know and nothing we could do. I hope that you see that magically eliminating firearms doesn't solve the issue. What else could we do to help you sleep better at night?

3. I failed history

The people that formed the United States came from England and they came here to avoid persecution for their religion. Yes, they were being jailed, tortured, and killed for their belief in a different way of praising God than the king. So they fled. They built communities and the first states.

In those days, each state believed in different ways of governing - and indeed, they still do. The king of England, to those people, had grown tyrannical. He taxed the states without giving them representation in England, forced people to quarter soldiers in their homes, among other misdeeds. Those people rose up and we had the Revolutionary War. Our country was not founded by settlers staking claim to some hill, like so many countries were. Ours was birthed in the conflict of war - of the people standing up for themselves to throw off the shackles of a tyrant. Let me remind you that, in those days, Britain had an empire that spanned to Africa and India and had the most fearsome navy in the world.

The only reason we won that war was because private people owned the weapons to defend themselves, their family, and their property. People had firearms and even canons! Indeed, many private ships outfitted themselves with weaponry so as to aid in the naval battles to come.

The founders of this country were not oblivious to this fact. Many of the states wrote law that *required* every able bodied man to possess a firearm and have the knowledge to use it.

So, no, the second amendment was not written about muskets. It was written to safeguard America from tyrants, either foreign or domestic. But it also enshrined a natural, God given right: the right to life. You have the right to defend your life or your loved one's lives and the manner in which you decide to do that is not up to the state to control; it's your choice and yours alone. You don't have to choose to defend yourself with an AR-15 or any other rifle, but keep in mind that it's not your right nor responsibility to make the choice for anyone else; indeed, do you honestly believe that you have the authority to demand another's choice be similar to yours?

Your next question is going to be: how can people fight off the government? Let me remind you that a disarmed population existed in Germany, Russia, China, and Cambodia during political revolutions and in all of those cases the governments turned tyrannical and murdered untold millions of their own citizens. Those citizens were forced from their homes, forced onto trains, led into fields, forced to dig a ditch, and then forced to kneel in front of that ditch. A bullet was then shot through their head, and their lifeless body fell into the ditch. Many of these were never even covered. That's not a possible outcome of a tyrannical government; that's the story of the deaths of millions of people just like you and me.

And let me remind you that America failed in Vietnam and has struggled severely in the Middle East against an enemy armed with simply a rifle. The fact is, we don't have the troops to overpower a country where every person could have a weapon to fight back. And do you honestly believe that our military would fight against the citizenry of this country? Their oath is to the Constitution, not the President, and many of them would lend their skills to the citizens if that fight ever did break out. So, yes, an armed citizenry most certainly can both defend itself against a homegrown tyrant and take back their country.

4. Because *muh racism/sexism/utopian ideals*

During the post civil war era, the United States had a very large and very dreadful problem with white supremacy. This was the heyday of the KKK. In that era, many states made it illegal for blacks to own guns. Why do you think that was? Many black Americans were accused of crimes they never commit and vigilantes lynched those poor men and women, acting as judge, jury, and executioner and suffering no consequences for their crimes. Do you think that Emmett Till would have seen the age of 15 if he or anyone in his family had had a gun? Maybe, maybe not. But he sure would have had a better chance if he had. This is just another example of how a disarmed people suffered under tyrants.

And let's talk about women. We are a sexually dimorphic species. Men, on average, are taller and stronger than women. Sure, a woman could train, build skill and muscle, and get to the point where she could beat the average man. But, she'll probably struggle with the stronger than average men. Most women don't have the natural physique or time to invest in this type of training. A gun makes their physical prowess on par with any man. Again, how a woman chooses to defend herself and her family is up to her - it is not your right or responsibility to decide for her. But I do want you to understand *why* she'd choose to have a gun.

Now, about your utopian dreams. Simply put, you think a utopia is even possible because of the life that your mother and I have built for you. Your experience is that parents can provide a safe environment, that your schools are safe, that going to the mall is safe, that you are safe and always will be. You're old enough now for me to tell you that this is simply not true. I've worked hard to provide a great, safe life for you and you will do the same for your children. But, there are areas in this state even where simply being there at night would mean, at best, you get mugged; at worst, you get murdered.

Evil has existed as long as people - and no-one has found a way to eradicate it. Maybe no-one ever will. But I would encourage you, in your priorities, to figure out how to eradicate evil before disarming yourself. History has shown us that disarming does nothing to change the feelings of man. Cain used a rock. That story teaches us that there are evil people in this world. The fact that Abel had no weapon did not stop Cain from existing. Until such time as evil no longer exists, the best we can do is give good people the ability to defend themselves, as is their right to life. And, thanks to our Constitution, how they choose to defend themselves...how *you* choose to defend yourself and your family, is completely up to you.

didn't realize that 45-64 year olds are the biggest proponents of more gun control.

Me neither. But that is the Boomer gen and Gen X to part of what the call Xennials. Not surprised really. That is where the Hillary, Fonda, etc types came from.

Not suggesting you would say this to them, but just between the lampposts:

1. Children wouldn't be scared to go to school but for the gun free rules making them a target and but for the active shooter drills and all that.

2. Children will always have nightmares about irrational fears. In my day it was the wrath of the Lord from the 10 Commandments movie. And also the snakes under the bed. But they wouldn't be having fears about mass shootings if it wasn't for the media, some amount of teacher hype, and hype/bias from other parents and friends.

Our girls did know how to shoot at one time but they never really enjoyed shooting. They never really enjoyed sports of any kind for that matter.

My former stepdaughter was one of those... she turned into an Uber-leftist!!! Be careful...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top