JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little late but I just hit the sent button, hope it's not to long for them to read?

Dear Commissioners, 2/19/15

While the loss of Commissioner Schrader's nephew to a firearm's accident was very tragic, it certainly doesn't mean that all firearms owners are irresponsible, it just doesn't.

I lost my favorite Uncle to suicide and despite his many pleas, sadly there was no where he could go for help, none.

What a mess we have up in Washington State after the passage of SB 594 background check, law enforcement doesn't want anything to do with it, the Citizens don't understand it and yet it does nothing to stop the criminal element or mentally unstable in their state.

Imagine if the many millions of outside money to pass SB 594 had been spent on walk-in clinics instead. A place where someone could go when they feel they have nothing to live for. They are out there and we owe it to them & society to help!

We can expect millions more to be thrown at Salem by those who surround themselves with armed body guards to try and buy away our rights as well. They are not for sale!

The passage of so called Background checks will only be the beginning as we have seen in other states in our nation, it's already begun following the passage of SB 594 and it Will happen here, we all know that to be true.

Myself and my family live in Clackamas Co. because we like in here, not Connecticut, New Jersey or New York.

I wonder how many Teachers & Staff in Newtown thought for a moment as they heard the gun fire coming down the hall "thankfully I have no means of protecting myself or my Children" none I can assure you, a tragedy that didn't have to happen.

How many hunters & ex-military in that School could have put a stop to this had the laws been different?
Or best case, like the Aurora shooter that drove past three theaters to find the only one that was gun free, Sandy Hook never would have happened at all.

If I was a Connecticut lawmaker I would be haunted for what I had done to these families!

I doubt the lawmakers in Salem would feel a sense of responsibility as their cause is one based mostly on emotion despite study after study that disproves their agenda while at the same time they claim to to pro 2nd amendment, they are not.

And no, I'm not paranoid as suggested by one Commissioner , I'm a respected owner of two businesses in Clackamas Co., 15 year member of the Wilsonville Chamber and licensed to conceal carry in Oregon since 1971,we are not the enemy.

We all want to have a safe Oregon, but the path Salem wants to lead us on will only make criminals out of lawful citizens... over night.

Please take a stand against Salem and send them a Strong message as others Counties have done in Oregon,

Not in Clackamas!

Last Edited:
Two questions...

1 -Is this being held where it is lawful to conceal carry for those of us that have permits?

I'm not sure if there is a prohibition in place and have failed to find anything to say yea or nay on this. I have been in the building several times and have not seen any posting to that effect.

2 - Do we submit written testomony if we chose to speak?

You can either email to [email protected] or bring 7 printed copies: http://www.clackamas.us/bcc/testimony.html

BTW, your response above is awesome!

My contribution:

Dear Commissioners,
My name is 3M-TA3. I was born, raised, and educated in Clackamas County. I am a homeowner and have lived all but seven of my 55 years in Clackamas County. I am writing to urge you to approve the proposed resolution affirming support of the Second Amendment.

None of the so called "common sense" gun laws being proposed and heavily funded from out of state sources would have prevented any of the tragedies that occurred over the last few years. Instead, they punish honest law abiding citizens while doing nothing to address criminal behavior or mental illness.

Oregon's current background check system catches very few criminals (a small fraction of a percent), some of them not even realizing why they were in the system. Expanding the proposed background checks will only increase the workload of already short staffed law enforcement officers whose time would be better spent enforcing existing laws. Washington State, which has just passed such an initiative (heavily funded by Billionaires who have their own armed security for their protection) is now confronting just this.

The incidence of gun violence occurs most frequently in the areas with the strictest gun control policies. Would you rather walk through Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., or Estacada after midnight?

All of the recent mass shootings occurred in so called "Gun Free Zones". To a criminal a "Gun Free Zone" is a "Victim Rich Environment". How many mass shooting take place at a gun show where there are thousands of firearms and millions of rounds of ammunition? None is how many. It's never happened and it never will.

Invariably the solutions suggested by gun control proponents are backwards in nature and assist the criminal while endangering the public.

Please stand up for the law abiding citizens of Clackamas County by supporting the Second Amendment. Thank you for your consideration.

Kindest Regards,
3M-TA3

My contribution:

Dear Commissioners,
My name is 3M-TA3. I was born, raised, and educated in Clackamas County. I am a homeowner and have lived all but seven of my 55 years in Clackamas County. I am writing to urge you to approve the proposed resolution affirming support of the Second Amendment.

None of the so called "common sense" gun laws being proposed and heavily funded from out of state sources would have prevented any of the tragedies that occurred over the last few years. Instead, they punish honest law abiding citizens while doing nothing to address criminal behavior or mental illness.

Oregon's current background check system catches very few criminals (a small fraction of a percent), some of them not even realizing why they were in the system. Expanding the proposed background checks will only increase the workload of already short staffed law enforcement officers whose time would be better spent enforcing existing laws. Washington State, which has just passed such an initiative (heavily funded by Billionaires who have their own armed security for their protection) is now confronting just this.

The incidence of gun violence occurs most frequently in the areas with the strictest gun control policies. Would you rather walk through Chicago, New York, Washington D.C., or Estacada after midnight?

All of the recent mass shootings occurred in so called "Gun Free Zones". To a criminal a "Gun Free Zone" is a "Victim Rich Environment". How many mass shooting take place at a gun show where there are thousands of firearms and millions of rounds of ammunition? None is how many. It's never happened and it never will.

Invariably the solutions suggested by gun control proponents are backwards in nature and assist the criminal while endangering the public.

Please stand up for the law abiding citizens of Clackamas County by supporting the Second Amendment. Thank you for your consideration.

Kindest Regards,
3M-TA3
Excellent :)

I called the local gun shops I could think of. Firlsherman's in OC said they would post a flyer.

I should have thought to do this earlier. I was surprised that the hearing was not common knowledge.

Last Edited:
I need to edit that. Robert, manager at OC Fisherman's, said he would post a flyer. He was the most receptive person I talked to.

I need to edit that. Robert, manager at OC Fisherman's, said he would post a flyer. He was the most receptive person I talked to.

That's a big relief - I've spent a lot of money in that establishment going all the way back to when it was Larry's.

Sorry guys came home to a sick wife. Gonna need to care for the kids. So wont make it but i did spread the word onto another HTF so hopefully some will show up in my place.

I'm feeling pretty bummed a chance to get involved and make my number count right here in my own area

Observations: Schroeder is an idiot and should be easy to retire on the next election. By applause we outnumber the the antis 10 to 1. Also, public i.put has overwhelming been on our side.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top