JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't get home last night till 10:30 pm... I drove up and back on Hwy 213 from south Marion Co.

Navman, I was the guy who sat on the other side of Kevin... It was nice to meet you guys.

I'm glad it passed.

I thought it was interesting Martha Schrader abstained from voting tho she was present... She also wasted a good amount of time with her babbling on. I don't think that woman can speak a coherent sentence if her life depended on it. Tootie naild her good when she commented that abstaining to vote was actually a vote against.

Tootie Smith and John Ludlow (the Chair) did an excellent job.

Paul Savas voted for it but he reminds me of our border collie mix... He knows what to do but is afraid to do it...

There was another commissioner not present but it was said he was for it too.

Marion County is next, remember to back us up guys.

My impression with Savas is that he is a bit of a puppet. Had this been in Multnomah County he would have done whatever would be popular at the moment.

I sensed his skidish talk in the begining as a signal that he was not well informed on the subject prior to the meeting. Also his comments meant or intended to possibly bash Commissioner Ludlow about the 40 million in Clackamas County treasuries that was found had me really thinking as to his true intentions at the meeting.

They must still be wondering how this tiny, insignificant, collection of narcisstic gun nuts could pull this off. I mean the Ceasefire lady did say that a large "silent" majority is demanding universal background checks. I wonder why there weren't (and never are) 90% showing up in favor of more BGC's or sending 90% more emails? :rolleyes: Maybe 'cause their 90% group is 100% fictional.

Yes they are fictional, and do not show up out here because quite frankly the do not belong here.

As are all their "facts"... the sleeping giant may well be waking up

Yeah that one almost made me laugh except for the degree of damage those kind of outright lies do.
I think we all sent her a message there last night though ROFLOL :D

???where were you ??
Yeah the hood river couple.
That place is like Boulder colorado .... leftie frootloops mentals.

Jim Disregard that one :D

Ahh you watched from up in WA on the live feed. Sounded like you were there somewhere and I was wondering how I missed you LOL.

Here are some excerpts from the Meeting. Laughing at Libturbs has this stuff up on youtube already.

And there are actually people like this running free in our society without restraints and sedatives.. Lord help us all ...................................:s0125::s0125::s0125::s0125::s0125:

So it seems this is the new wave of gun control, given the lack of traction on a national front the antis are going for it on a state level. That being the case I have some thoughts.

We should have an advantage in organization and we need to use it. You are on this form, you're on that form, you get an OFF email - spread the word! Don't assume people know what you know. I had a horrible thought Thursday morning, that the antis would outnumber us at the meeting, so I called some nearby gun shops. I called 5 shops and other than the guy who answered for Northwest Armory, who said he thought they had a flyer on the door, no one new about the hearing. We should have all of the local shops on board and spreading the word. I should have thought of this a week earlier.

We need to remember our audience. I think the dyed in the wool antis are few and the people to lean that way, often due to misinformation, are many. We have opportunity with the many.

When in discussion we should be polite and try to keep our emotions relative. Gun control makes me angry because I see it for what it is. I need to check myself and present what I have to say in a way that is more likely to be well received. Kudos to the presenter from Eagle Creek who said he wasn't picking on commissioner Schrader. We are armed people and we are good people.

It is great when an anti plays on emotion and speaks of things on an abstract level and then they are refuted by someone with personal experience and genuine emotion. The number of speakers we had with legitimate personal experience was outstanding, thank you! The women that spoke for our cause were outstanding, thank you! Ours is often marginalized as a cause of white men, we can show otherwise.

Navman, I was the guy who sat on the other side of Kevin... It was nice to meet you guys.

It was nice to meet you too Sir!

At the meeting people were talking about joining Oregon Firearm Federation, not sure if they didn't know about it or the many times Kevin & OFF were brought up during testimony that evening.

This is Kevin's full time job, for those of us that have gone to Salem, been at gun rallies or taken an NRA course, he seems to be everywhere.

He was telling me that These days he could use two of him, next week he needs to be in 5 places at once.

State gun laws have a way of spilling over the borders, (SB594)

Many of us belong to National pro gun organizations but what happens in the PNW can directly affect us too.

We're at war on multiple fronts and it helps to have a relentless fighter in our corner.

Join if you can, every person & dollar helps.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/

Mel

Navman, I agree. It's not enough to let OFF do all the heavy lifting and organization. They have their niche, but there is so much people can do at the true grass-roots level. I'm encouraged by this thread as I see people stepping up and not just showing up to make a difference.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top