JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wild caught by who?
I have a can of wild caught fancy pink Salmon in front of me that says it's premium quality, but the label also has a warning that it can expose you to lead poisoning and other nasty chemicals, and it's a product of China.
I use it to to trap nuisance raccoons.

Friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon.

The entire top shelf is salmon.

CBC09B68-A6D2-43F9-BE44-0D2EA002232F.jpeg

The next four are deer and elk.

P

Wild caught by who?
I have a can of wild caught fancy pink Salmon in front of me that says it's premium quality, but the label also has a warning that it can expose you to lead poisoning and other nasty chemicals, and it's a product of China.

Safeway has always gotten their Chinook from Alaska.... in the past it was flown down... whether it is caught there by Chinese or Inupiats, I do not know.

Good to know.

I can't afford $25.99/lb anyway. But if I wind up going to Potland, I'll be sure to stop at a freeway exit and get one of those net caught chinook for $15 for the whole fish. :p;)

When I harvest a Salmon, I take a lot of care when handling the fish so that it's not beat up and bruised and it's iced down as quickly as possible.
I've seen how the natives treat their gill net fish after dumping them into their boats and it will never be top quality, especially a fall fish.

Wild caught by who?

Friends don't let friends eat humpies.

-E-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR