JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The freezer stocking begins!

7BF0BC90-5F97-4636-B8C3-7834156404FA.jpeg

Yer gonna get phat.
Better gimme some of that stuff !

:)
Phat-er, you mean!

I prefer crab over almost any other seafood. I got a recipe from another guy for crab enchiladas I'll be trying soon.

The wind looks like I'm not fishing this weekend. I have a bunch of crab frozen from last year, I think I'll experiment with the enchiladas this weekend.

Rockfish a la Mansker tonight.

F71EC64E-7ADC-4D00-945D-213AF538A3C2.jpeg

Fresh rockfish fillets, seasoned flour, egg wash with secret ingredient, finished with Panko.

DFCE6B89-451C-4BE1-9A8E-E9BA9BD663A7.jpeg

No pics of the finished product, we'll be too busy eating them.

P

I grew up in a commercial crabbing family and while we no longer do any commercially I still chase those Dungeness bugs pretty seriously when the season is open around here.My mother and wife have some killer recipes but fresh cracked right out of the pot is still my favorite. A couple other ways I really enjoy are crab omelettes, crab quesadillas and sautéed crab and scallions over a good steak. Preferably a venison steak from an animal I harvested. Damn I am making myself hungry!

I am so ashamed, this weekend is only my second trip of the year.

But! The catch was worth it.

Two really nice coho. In fact, the larger of the two is the largest coho I've caught in Oregon. He measured 30" on my fish box lid.

262E5DD3-A7F5-40EC-916A-90E5E96A9CBB.jpeg

A limit of crab was nice.

I am so ashamed, this weekend is only my second trip of the year.

But! The catch was worth it.

Two really nice coho. In fact, the larger of the two is the largest coho I've caught in Oregon. He measured 30" on my fish box lid.

View attachment 1270513

A limit of crab was nice.

Fished with my brother yesterday. Similar results but we added two limits of rockfish.

Nice grade on the coho, too.

705B7E82-504A-4DA3-AC1C-602F5D21611A.jpeg

We high graded 40 big keepers to get the best 24.

274F1F22-DB69-4DCF-96C4-09FE992B554C.jpeg
That's what two limits of crab on top of two limits of rockfish on top of two limits of coho looks like.

My containment device I like to call the Green Mile. Some of the crab were monsters.

D2A195F4-BBF2-4831-B72F-7CDA2CB4DE5A.jpeg

Processed crab ready for the steamer.

E28DC4ED-1F05-4F52-9203-6890418E2FCC.jpeg

They all fit, but barely.

7BA11E04-024E-4E91-AD76-666BC1C0D5ED.jpeg

The salmon and rockfish are staging in the freezer in Foodsaver bags. I'll seal them in the morning.

Now for a beverage, and the Clemson game, while I crack crab.

P

I grew up in a commercial crabbing family and while we no longer do any commercially I still chase those Dungeness bugs pretty seriously when the season is open around here.My mother and wife have some killer recipes but fresh cracked right out of the pot is still my favorite. A couple other ways I really enjoy are crab omelettes, crab quesadillas and sautéed crab and scallions over a good steak. Preferably a venison steak from an animal I harvested. Damn I am making myself hungry!
OH STOP IT ALREADY…..

F4CCE91C-0CC2-4A2A-828C-11BA13FE7520.jpeg

Fished with my brother yesterday. Similar results but we added two limits of rockfish.

Nice grade on the coho, too.

View attachment 1271489

We high graded 40 big keepers to get the best 24.

View attachment 1271490
That's what two limits of crab on top of two limits of rockfish on top of two limits of coho looks like.

My containment device I like to call the Green Mile. Some of the crab were monsters.

View attachment 1271491

Processed crab ready for the steamer.

View attachment 1271492

They all fit, but barely.

View attachment 1271493

The salmon and rockfish are staging in the freezer in Foodsaver bags. I'll seal them in the morning.

Now for a beverage, and the Clemson game, while I crack crab.

P
I do this also. Great minds think alike. ;)

For those that don't know why we do this it's because it's no fun cleaning your food saver with nasty salmon juices all in it so we freeze it first for 12 to 24 hours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top