JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It does support my philosophy of only buying guns and not selling them
The problem with a national BGC requirement for ALL sales in any state, is that this gives you no "free state" to reside in where you have plausible deniability regarding the sale of firearms that you have bought "on paper" and puts the burden of proof on you that you sold the firearms and sold them legally.

That is what they are aiming for - essentially de-facto registration of every firearm transferred between persons since the rule/law/order went into effect. The ultimate purpose being eventual confiscation.

That is fine if you own every firearm you want to own before a BGC law goes into effect, but if you want to buy more, like most people do, then every firearm you buy after the BGC laws, is a firearm they know you own unless you sell it legally, or report it stolen/lost (if the latter is the case, then you had better not ever be found in possession of the firearm, and ditto for anybody else who may have possession of that firearm).

I guarantee Hussein Obama had this worded vaguely so his activist judges can throw anyone who sells a gun away in prison.

Can this PoS just drink a bottle of bleach already and save us all the trouble?

(Sorry, I have to censor myself because apparently this site is intended for 3rd graders)

Will the CLEO sign off on NFA items be an issue in Oregon? I had plans of an SBR and a can via a trust, unfortunately this seems to make the main benefit of a trust null and void... Tyranny at its worse.

obama has had lawyers working on ways to screw us he will most likely require all persons entering into a gun trust to be run through a background check?

this oppression is constant...talk about social bigotry

Did this get posted yet?

Looks like these are the details released today
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...tive-actions-reduce-gun-violence-and-make-our

edit:
what Im seeing:
- If you sell even one or two guns for profit you should have a license. the ATF still have to prove in a court that you are selling for profit
- 200 more ATF agents
- 230 more NICS operators so people cant get their guns if there is more than a 3 day delay
- bunch of proposals that need congress approval for mental health funding
- smart gun technology funding
- background checks for trusts

Last Edited:
What I find interesting is that there are some proposals that the NRA and NSSF have been proposing for some time (enforce existing laws, fix broken systems, more mental health services). And they were ridiculed after sandyhook for even mentioning them.

Now that Obama is making the proposals, they are suddenly the best ideas ever.

It seems like so much smoke and mirrors. It's likely that it's a sop to the ignorant Bliss Ninnies so the pols can be said to be 'doing something'.

But it is important to note that even a few transactions, when combined with other evidence, can be sufficient to establish that a person is "engaged in the business." For example, courts have upheld convictions for dealing without a license when as few as two firearms were sold or when only one or two transactions took place, when other factors also were present.

He still can't change 18 U.S.C. §921(a)(21) "engaged in the business" or (22) "with the principal objective of livelihood and profit", which is conveniently left out of the press release. I fully expect them to see how far they can push it, but that is only as far as we let them.

What I find interesting is that there are some proposals that the NRA and NSSF have been proposing for some time (enforce existing laws, fix broken systems, more mental health services). And they were ridiculed after sandyhook for even mentioning them.

Now that Obama is making the proposals, they are suddenly the best ideas ever.

I think the allocation of funds for mental health is in there just as a gotcha.I don't believe they give a rip about that. But with the push back they are going to get on this they will be telling everyone that the Republicans,NRA,Gun nuts don't care about the mentally ill but only want the freedom to buy more guns how ever they choose to.

That is fine if you own every firearm you want to own before a BGC law goes into effect, but if you want to buy more, like most people do, then every firearm you buy after the BGC laws, is a firearm they know you own unless you sell it legally, or report it stolen/lost (if the latter is the case, then you had better not ever be found in possession of the firearm, and ditto for anybody else who may have possession of that firearm).
Forgot one option- gifting is not selling. Gave it away, nothing to see here.

It's a frontal assault on gun shows, hobbyists and collectors:
Obama's 'new' targets same as 'old' ones: Gun shows and gun owners

President Barack Obama's much-anticipated "executive actions" on guns were revealed yesterday during an on-the-record conference with the press, and the bottom line is that the "new" targets for increased regulation are the same as the "old" ones: gun shows and gun owners.

<broken link removed>

Executive Orders only affect how the executive branch does business; i.e. how the executive branch executes the laws. It is the equivalent of the CEO saying "we will no longer sell widgets and begin selling whatsits."

Obozo evidently didn't pay attention in law school to that part in class. If he had been, he would have figured out that the ATF can only go out and arrest you for violating "the law" and not an "executive order" because the prosecutor has to have a law broken to charge you with a crime. He can't charge you for breaking an "executive order."

and we all know the law says: "...but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;"

And in free states, and some not so free ones; my guess is that the ATF isn't going to find alot of Federal DA's who want to clog their court docket with cases filled with law abiding, tax paying citizens being jacked up on "illegal selling" (with the equally sympathetic juries). Far too many muslim hate crimes, computer hackers, and ranchers to prosecute.

So guess who is going to go on doing exactly what he was doing before?

And when did making a profit when you sold a gun a crime?

Last Edited:
;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA