JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Executive Orders only affect how the executive branch does business; i.e. how the executive branch executes the laws. It is the equivalent of the CEO saying "we will no longer sell widgets and begin selling whatsits."

Obozo evidently didn't pay attention in law school to that part in class. If he had been, he would have figured out that the ATF can only go out and arrest you for violating "the law" and not an "executive order" because the prosecutor has to have a law broken to charge you with a crime. He can't charge you for breaking an "executive order."

and we all know the law says: "...but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;"

And in free states, and some not so free ones; my guess is that the ATF isn't going to find alot of Federal DA's who want to clog their court docket with cases filled with law abiding, tax paying citizens being jacked up on "illegal selling" (with the equally sympathetic juries). Far too many muslim hate crimes, computer hackers, and ranchers to prosecute.

So guess who is going to go on doing exactly what he was doing before?

And when did making a profit when you sold a gun a crime?

Details from the ATF on when you need a license to sell. Nothing is different
https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

Funny thing is, I didn't hear anything about Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC etc etc etc. More rules for those who follow the rules, STICK IT OHOLE. Fnn cry baby.
The Emperor did mention Chicago, just in name.

No details cause then he'd have to be talking about how his sons were gunning each other down in the streets with illegally obtained firearms... That's not part of the agenda, that's part of the anarchy catalyst...

Just after disarming conservative, working, God believing whiteys...

If this verbiage is accurate, Obama is planning to announce that any person selling a firearm, even just one firearm, is "engaged in the business" of selling guns and requires a background check to be performed, thus ending private transactions that are not required to have background checks in many states. Good luck with that. I have not bought or sold a firearm since Oregon began requiring checks for private transactions. Hopefully, the next president (Cruz or Trump) will cancel this order. Obama will be sued over this, no doubt..

View attachment 271545
This is one racist forum. Pathetic

If this verbiage is accurate, Obama is planning to announce that any person selling a firearm, even just one firearm, is "engaged in the business" of selling guns and requires a background check to be performed, thus ending private transactions that are not required to have background checks in many states. Good luck with that. I have not bought or sold a firearm since Oregon began requiring checks for private transactions. Hopefully, the next president (Cruz or Trump) will cancel this order. Obama will be sued over this, no doubt..

View attachment 271545

Yesler from Seattle you say?
Noted.
Yesler, I'm pretty sure I'm in much better shape than Bloomburg, Obama and many
Of their cronies that are slowly tearing this great country down to fit their agenda.

And on those days that they slowly pass away, one by one, I shall dance.

Just how did you get anything racist out of the post you quoted?

I may have read something into it that wasn't there, if so please clairify it for me.

This is one racist forum. Pathetic

So, do you have anything substantive to back up your claim of racism on this forum? Or, is it, like so many on the side of the President, the only charge they have to offer to defend him? Do you really believe that if someone dislikes the President or his policies that they are racist? Do you really believe that if someone supports someone like Trump or Cruz that they are racist? I will tell you this, if that is truly what you believe, then you my friend are sadly misinformed and are the problem.

Calling names is usually what happens when people have no other real argument, no real truth or common sense on their side. I am forced again to remind folks of what Socrates said so long ago: "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser".

If you have something truly enlightening to share, please, do enlighten us, otherwise save your name calling for someone else.

A WTB ad almost 4 years ago and a clumsy double post. I would consider it a non-member post. Hacked account maybe? Doesn't really matter -- Just a distraction.

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

Well on the up side I can tell my wife Obama said I can't sell any of my guns.;)

HA! Good one.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he mused that maybe the unintended consequences of forcing everyone who sells a gun to get a FFL: suddenly, internet firearms commerce explodes, and now we're all getting modern rifles shipped to our houses and building machine guns. LOL

HA! Good one.

I was talking to a friend of mine and he mused that maybe the unintended consequences of forcing everyone who sells a gun to get a FFL: suddenly, internet firearms commerce explodes, and now we're all getting modern rifles shipped to our houses and building machine guns. LOL

On the one hand, if ATF stuck to their past policy regarding FFLs, they would say that you have to have a place of business, etc. - as they cut way back on FFLs who doing just that; getting the FFL to mostly order firearms easier and cheaper.

On the other hand, in court, if they required everybody to get an FFL in order to sell firearms at any time in any quantity because they are in the business, and then would not give these people FFLs because they are not in the business, then the court would rule that this was a restriction that went to far and amounts to a catch-22.

So I doubt this would happen.

What I predict is pretty much what I said before; that there will be some small amount of arrests and prosecutions of people who don't have FFLs, but who do actually engage in the business of buying and selling firearms *as a business* (I've seen people who do this without an FFL, but there are not very many of them), and the rest of us who sell from our personal collection maybe once a year, a gun that we bought years ago, will hopefully not be affected.

In short, as someone else pointed out, the law hasn't changed, and the law does define what "in the business" means.

https://www.atf.gov/file/55456/download

Section 923(a), Title 18, U.S.C., provides that no person shall engage in the business of dealing in firearms until he has filed an application and received a license to do so. Section 922(a)(1), Title 18, U.S.C., provides that it is unlawful for any person, other than a licensee, to engage in the business of dealing in firearms. Licensees generally may not conduct business away from their licensed premises.

The term "dealer" is defined at 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(11)(A) to include any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail. The term "engaged in the business" as applied to a dealer in firearms means a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms.

A dealer can be "engaged in the business" without taking title to the firearms that are sold. However, the term does not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms. 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(C).

Backfire: Gun stocks spike, polls reject Obama gun control

Reaction to yesterday's new gun control push by President Barack Obama may redefine the terms "lame duck" and "backfire" as unscientific polls by news agencies at far ends of the country show overwhelming opposition, while reports from Wall Street show stock prices for gun companies going up.

<broken link removed>

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews