Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Obama's New Executive Orders on Gun Control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by TheHumungus, Jan 4, 2016.

1. TheHumungus

TheHumungus Portland Active Member

If this verbiage is accurate, Obama is planning to announce that any person selling a firearm, even just one firearm, is "engaged in the business" of selling guns and requires a background check to be performed, thus ending private transactions that are not required to have background checks in many states. Good luck with that. I have not bought or sold a firearm since Oregon began requiring checks for private transactions. Hopefully, the next president (Cruz or Trump) will cancel this order. Obama will be sued over this, no doubt..

CX6c6IhW8AAmrT8.jpg

CX6c6IhW8AAmrT8.jpg

2. KTM530XCW

KTM530XCW Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

O-hole is an idiot.

Everything he says is currently the law and is currently the way ATF prosecutes.

What he states here in no way changes the way ATF currently operates. He"closed" an imaginary gunshow loop hole that didn't exist to start with. Congrats for making sure something doesn't exist that doesn't exist. Go pat yourself on the back dcikhead.

Only thing this does is make him appear that he's doing something noble and grand and we must worship him.

What a fcuktard.

3. zeppelin

zeppelin Benton County WA Active Member

As I read this you would have to get an FFL and conduct background checks if you are going to sell any gun, even as a private citizen. This is contrary to existing law which exempts private citizen sales from FFL licensing requirements. So if this is what he is trying to do, this is not an executive action, this is the president changing the law unilaterally.

Caveman Jim, Dyjital and TheHumungus like this.
  4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Where did this quoted text come from? I see no header no credit for what it is for all I know this was typed up by some one trying to sell .22 ammo for $75.00 a brick.

5. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Do you not need a background check to buy a NFA gun with a trust?

If he makes us all dealers the first thing Im going to do is buy some post sample machine guns

6. KTM530XCW

He makes it sound like i can currently go to grabagun.com and have a 'gat shipped straight to my 'hood.

At least that's the impression he's trying to give MSM.

Caveman Jim, Logan Wilson and Dyjital like this.
  7. TheHumungus

This was posted on twitter this evening as leaked EO verbiage. But like I began the post with "If this verbiage is accurate..." I'm not claiming it's the real deal, but it does seem to fit what he's been yapping about...

8. KTM530XCW

I was actually hoping that he would try to put a specific # on the number of transactions before becoming a dealer. That would at least keep ATF from locking up guys who sell 2 guns ever. Plus it would get insta-challenged in court and tie up the ATF legal resources for a while .

9. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It does support my philosophy of only buying guns and not selling them

KTM530XCW likes this.
  10. 009

009 Jellystone road sw Member

The 5 O'clock news stated ammo and components would most likely be targeted also.:(

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  11. zeppelin

zeppelin Benton County WA Active Member

12. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

We'll see - both whether it is what he is going to push and whether it stands up in court.

If it is what he is going to push, then I wouldn't be surprised because otherwise requiring someone who sells with the intent of being in the business of selling a firearm, regardless of number or place, is indeed in the business according to current BATF policy/regs.

The thing is currently the BATF has to prove intent which is not easy and they generally do it by showing a pattern over time or number of firearms, or some other situation where it is obvious that there is intent.

The way I read the text above is that this basically removes any burden of proof on the gov. part and says anybody, any time and any place, is by law in the business of selling firearms. I don't think that would hold up in court - it is like saying that because I want to sell my car, that I am a car dealer and I need a car dealer license, or if I want to sell my house, that I am a realtor and I need a realtor license, or because I loan someone some money for lunch, that I am a bank or credit union. I could go on and on.

Hopefully that isn't the case - but it wouldn't completely surprise me; as I have said elsewhere, the end effect (if it held up in court) would be exactly what they want; nationwide de-facto registration by requiring BGCs for every transfer.

13. TheHumungus

I sure hope the wording I found tonight is wrong...

14. Mike VH

Mike VH Oregon City Well-Known Member

Yet another attempt by the Big O to force people to buy new guns that will have a paper trail you cant legally get ride of, so they can come knock on your door some day and ask for it. If you cant produce it then you've obviously broken the law by being an "Illegal gun dealer" and can be thrown in jail.
    Gone are the days when buying a new to me toy was fun:(

Caveman Jim likes this.
  15. TheHumungus

16. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

ABC news just reported that it will require FFLs for anyone who supplements their income by selling firearms. That is current law, yes even one if you flip it for profit.

The only change I see is they will make examples of some small fries when before, maybe not.

17. SOrez

SOrez SOR Active Member

Buy parts kits and build your own.

18. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

See screenshot

image.png

image.png

19. 009

009 Jellystone road sw Member

After they rewrite the rule book you will get it for "Manufacturing"

20. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Yep. Then it will be BG checks for ammo and reloading supplies followed by "reasonable" limits on possession of such components. The tyranny has no limits.

Slobray likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.