JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldn't be surprised if there was an "Event" that preempts the Nov elections. Then they could basically declare Martial law and suspend what's left of the Constitution. With the new Cyber laws President Obama could effectively declare an emergency and all internet use can now be suspended for up to 4 months. The list goes on and on with what potential abuses can be done to this country.

Oh well guess we will see....

Reco

I'm willing to give odds on this. I'll give 10-1 odds that November elections will be held as scheduled. $100 minimum bet. If you win, I pay you $1000. If you lose, you pay me $100. I'll take the first ten bets.

Takers? Anyone? Bueller? Lotsa bold talk around here, precious little conviction.

The full text of the provision:

Payments of $600 or more
All persons engaged in a trade or business and making payment in the course of such trade or business to another person, or rent, salaries, wages, amounts in consideration for property, premiums, annuities, compensations, remunerations, emoluments, or other gross proceeds, fixed or determinable gains, profits, and income (other than payments to which section 6042(a)(1), 6044(a)(1), 6047(e), 6049(a), or 6050N (a) applies, and other than payment with respect to which a statement is required under the authority of section 6042(a)(2), 6044(a)(2), or 6045), of $600 or more in any taxable year, or, in the case of such payments made by the United States, the officers of employees of the United States having information as to such payments and required to make returns in regard thereto by the regulations hereinafter provided for, shall render a true and accurate return to the Secretary, under such regulations and in such for and manner and to such extent as may be prescribed by the Secretary, setting forth the amount of such gross proceeds, gains, profits, and income, and the name and address of the recipient of such payment.

I ain't in to trade or business of firearms, so no need to report anything regardless of value.

When we americans get the balls to stop it thats when enough is enough until then we squat to pee..........

Bold talk from an internet warrior. Don't ask about the rest of Americans. What are you doing, other than squatting to pee and posting brave ideas on the internet from the anonymous safety of your computer? All I see are brave patriots spouting off about their bravery and not willing to do a thing to risk their ability to watch television in the evening.

Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty or I'll post something brave sounding on the internet. Don't make me put down this remote and make my angry face."

You're missing it. If the total of all transactions with one person or business totals $600 during the year, the 1099 must be done. That means that the business must all year long keep track of all business with everyone and determine which ones, as individuals, went over $600.

We're not talking about just one $600 transaction. We're talking about keeping track of all transactions, individual by individual and if the total is $600, then doing the 1099. This is a back breaker.

This is not just gun or gold dealers, this is all businesses.

Sorry, I did not realize that the proposal was per YEAR. I agree that this is a serious paperwork burden. BUT I would not call it a "back breaker"---nearly every business maintains a record or a file on all of its customers and their transactions anyway. They would just need to add a tally-sheet of annual purchases from that customer for every file. In most cases this would simply be an automated computer file program, with an annual summary statement sent, similar to what your bank sends you each January. I agree that this is an annoying bunch of paperwork, but it is not the end of commerce........................elsullo

I'm willing to give odds on this. I'll give 10-1 odds that November elections will be held as scheduled. $100 minimum bet. If you win, I pay you $1000. If you lose, you pay me $100. I'll take the first ten bets.

Takers? Anyone? Bueller? Lotsa bold talk around here, precious little conviction.

lol if I win your $1000 will be worth what? Trust me man I always want to be wrong about things like this.

Bold talk from an internet warrior. Don't ask about the rest of Americans. What are you doing, other than squatting to pee and posting brave ideas on the internet from the anonymous safety of your computer? All I see are brave patriots spouting off about their bravery and not willing to do a thing to risk their ability to watch television in the evening.

Patrick Henry: "Give me liberty or I'll post something brave sounding on the internet. Don't make me put down this remote and make my angry face."

Well it has to start somewhere. You don't just have a quiet complacent society one day and a full on revolution the next. I am sure people would rather go the peaceable route and use their voices and votes to change things around.

Are you promoting a violent means of change? Do you agree with everything the government is doing these days? What are you doing about the things you don't agree with?

It's pretty easy to criticize others actions... it takes even less "bravery".

Ha. Not that I personally disagree with you, but if I "win" - am I gonna have to smoke you out of your bunker to pay up?

Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post

lol if I win your $1000 will be worth what? Trust me man I always want to be wrong about things like this.

:s0114::s0112::s0114:

I read CEF1959's post and thought he had you pretty well cornered with his offer and then you go and post this and total redeem yourself! Bravo, well played sir!

Obama doesn't give a rodents hindend if you keep your guns, what're you gonna do go up against a F15 with your mini-14? Its just a diversion to give you a false sense of security" Oh I get to keep my guns, that means everthing is OK"
Do you know Clinton signed a agreement with the UN that if we there is civil unrest here UN forces will respond with 'boots on the ground' the reason being the president couldn't trust US forces not to join the insurrection.
Think about the early 80's TV series AMERIKA- A mysterious event causes UN forces to invade and seize control the USA. Of course they are really acting for the USSR who takes over the USA eventually through their puppet UN force.
Try and find AMERIKA, anywhere? it was the biggest mini series to date and its like it dissapeared. You can't find a tape anywheres. Thats vey strange. I looked everywhere and zero. Probably a logical explanation why, but?
Anyways don't put to much stock in if you can keep your guns or not. Of course if the SHTF they're useful like any tool but like someone said'food is the key'. When Mao took over China the first thing he did was make sure everyone ate. He didn't do this because he was a compassionate being,he is quoted as saying "only hungry men make revolutions".
Next time you're at the Hometown Buffet look around, do you think those folks shoveling down buckets are close to revolting against their government?

Careful........You might end up having to claim that as gambling income !

Oh..Thats right, paying the extra taxes for that would just be patriotism on your part ! :s0112:

Obama doesn't give a rodents hindend if you keep your guns, what're you gonna do go up against a F15 with your mini-14? Its just a diversion to give you a false sense of security" Oh I get to keep my guns, that means everthing is OK"
Do you know Clinton signed a agreement with the UN that if we there is civil unrest here UN forces will respond with 'boots on the ground' the reason being the president couldn't trust US forces not to join the insurrection.
Think about the early 80's TV series AMERIKA- A mysterious event causes UN forces to invade and seize control the USA. Of course they are really acting for the USSR who takes over the USA eventually through their puppet UN force.
Try and find AMERIKA, anywhere? it was the biggest mini series to date and its like it dissapeared. You can't find a tape anywheres. Thats vey strange. I looked everywhere and zero. Probably a logical explanation why, but?
Anyways don't put to much stock in if you can keep your guns or not. Of course if the SHTF they're useful like any tool but like someone said'food is the key'. When Mao took over China the first thing he did was make sure everyone ate. He didn't do this because he was a compassionate being,he is quoted as saying "only hungry men make revolutions".
Next time you're at the Hometown Buffet look around, do you think those folks shoveling down buckets are close to revolting against their government?

You make me laugh -HA! I've often thought the same.

Obama's ,new world order, economic goal:

Implant chips in everyone's hand to simplify the book keeping. Easy swipe and debit. Automatically tracks all purchases. Probably have national health care doctors implant to chips, for free. No one can use paper money anymore, because the chip/debit system is so much more efficient. 1099s are creating too much paper waste, so we go to a paperless system. It's just so convenient for the purcahser, why wouldn't we all agree with the government system. Heck, lets impliment it world wide.

Conspiracy theory, or prophecy. You be the judge.

Yes I put on my tinfoil hat, and got inside my tinfoil cacoon, before posting this.

Also, good thing I loose money on all my gun deals, can't pay taxes on a loss.

Why are we still giving our soldiers rifles?

So is the IRS going to come out with a new 1099 for guns? I doubt it. So how is this a gun control scheme if the dealer is just reporting income, but not reporting details of the goods that were bought or sold?

Ranb

Obama's ,new world order, economic goal:

Implant chips in everyone's hand to simplify the book keeping. Easy swipe and debit. Automatically tracks all purchases. Probably have national health care doctors implant to chips, for free. No one can use paper money anymore, because the chip/debit system is so much more efficient. 1099s are creating too much paper waste, so we go to a paperless system. It's just so convenient for the purcahser, why wouldn't we all agree with the government system. Heck, lets impliment it world wide.

Conspiracy theory, or prophecy. You be the judge.

Yes I put on my tinfoil hat, and got inside my tinfoil cacoon, before posting this.

Also, good thing I loose money on all my gun deals, can't pay taxes on a loss.

Already happening. Haven't you seen the implants that you can have put in your hand to open your car door and start your engine. <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top