JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not a "tactical folder" with pocket clip and all...

I have a Gerber folder w/clip that you wouldn't want to run yer finner down. But am I getting that the youngun hadn't ever seen a nice traditional pocketknife so he thought it couldn't be sharp? Hmmmmm, I'm even less impressed. :(

Reminds me of the time before we got custody of my daughter.
So there I was in the Social Security Office...I needed to get my daughters SS number...
Two guards are there a metal detector and a x-ray machine...

So knowing where I was going , I , being the smart man that I am left my gun at home...but I did being as usual a pocket knife.

I empty my pockets , keys , coins , belt in the box to go through the x-ray when the young guard comes on over and then the following :

Sir do you have any guns on you today...?
No...
Do you have any weapons...?
No..Well I do have a pocket knife....
Oh , you will have to give that me , we will keep it and you can get it back when you leave....
Okay...

I give the young guard my knife...
And then , that's when the fun starts...

Cool he says...and then he proceeds to open my knife , and....before I can say "Watch it , its sharp"...
He rubs his thumb down the edge....
Now 'cause I want my knife back...the only thing I ask is : Are you okay..?

He says Yeaaaaaah ...as he turns white and his thumb does an excellent impression of Mount Vesuvius...

The older guard comes on over says for me to go one and I'll get my knife later...

So after getting what I needed , I return to guard section...there is only the older guard...
What happen to your buddy..?
He had to go and get stitches...You will have to forgive him as he , has never seen a real knife before ...and yes we only give him one bullet for his gun....:D

Oh the knife in question...its the Case with the red handle...
Andy
View attachment 606152

One of life's little lessons on the difference between perpendicular and parallel and how it applies in the real world.

I have a Gerber folder w/clip that you wouldn't want to run yer finner down.
Oh I don't doubt that...
And I have nothing against knives with a clip and such...

I think that a knife like my Case isn't as commonly carried anymore...so it looks different and could been seen as a "real knife" with a certain age group...versus the current style of pocket knives...again to those of us that grew up with knives like my Case...And seen with wonderment , by those who are younger and not familiar with a more traditional style pocket knife.
Andy

Oh I don't doubt that...
And I have nothing against knives with a clip and such...

I think that a knife like my Case isn't as commonly carried anymore...so it looks different and could been seen as a "real knife" with a certain age group...versus the current style of pocket knives...again to those of us that grew up with knives like my Case...And seen with wonderment , by those who are younger and not familiar with a more traditional style pocket knife.
Andy

I carried one of these since I was in 3rd grade:

schrade-pocket-knives-807uh-64_1000.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads